Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Real Second Plane choice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 06:49 PM
AirforceRcks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real Second Plane choice?

Ok so i need a new second plane. To make a long story short i had a Ultrafly PC9 as a 2nd plane and crashed it(Bad idea).
i think i need something more self correcting and easier to fly but still have ailerons.
i was thinking about the Ultrafly Cessna 182 or similar.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2007, 08:14 PM
ozrcboy

Default RE: Real Second Plane choice?

Sorry to hear about your pc9 mate.

If you have radio gear consider a GWS Tiger Moth 400 with 2200 2s LiPo (20-30min flight time) and stock motor/prop. If you need to buy the lot think about a parkzone Typhoon - keep the rates nice and low while you figure out how to fly her, or if you have plenty of space maybe a Parkzone Stryker - these planes are fast and have high roll rates, but the power will help keep you out of trouble but - big but - you *must* plan well ahead of the aircraft and show some throttle restraint, but if you can do that then you might be okay.

Based on the fact you had a PC9 I'm guessing you like scale planes. The GWS TM certainly fits the bill - it looks great in the air - flys nice and slow with quite gentle roll rates - you can learn the whole aileron flying thing at a speed a fraction above a slow jog. The typhoon is kind of ugly but does fly well.

Avoid low wing warbirds (and advanced trainers) on this buy. If you just can't resist get a GWS warbird of some sort - at least it will be cheap and easy to repair.

Oh, and if you've collected all the parts of your PC9 put her back together with foam safe CA, and one day you can fly her again. If you didn't save all the pieces, next time save all the pieces. Foamies will go back together after the most amazing accidents.

Good luck.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GWS E-starter has a loyal following. You'll find many threads about it in these and other forums.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Uncas
My Feedback: (1)

Mountain Models Dandy Sport
Old 02-18-2007, 08:27 PM
kyle t

I think that a good 2nd plane is the parkzone stryker 27...... repacements are cheap, and fun to fly!
Old 02-19-2007, 02:09 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What is the first plane?
My first was/is GWS E-Starter but it is a little fast for that. Usually people use it as a second plane.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:23 AM
drunkenbushman

the stryker was my 1st plane. i dont know what to go to next.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:59 PM
kyle t

go with a e-flite p-47, i flew my friends and it flies awesome! so awesome that the next day i had to go buy one!