Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New to electric

Old 03-02-2007, 10:13 AM
jeremy7768

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to electric

Hi,

I am currently training on a glo powered plane and am looking at getting an electric park flyer to fly at a ballfield near my house. The plane I am looking at is a great planes cub. What I need to know is what flight pack should I get for it. I have a tower hobbies 4 channel radio. Here are the links to the palne and the flight pack.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHAE3&P=0
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKKY4&P=0

What I need to know is will these be compatable and work with my current transmitter.

thanks

Jeremy

Old 03-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: New to electric

I have that same plane here and I use the Futaba s3108 servos in it. I am not sure if you will enjoy this plane as much as a foam trainer. If your CG is off even a lil it will go down and break into little pieces. I bought another one to try again but never flew it.....just hung it up for looks. It may be a great flyer but I haven't given it a chance to prove itself yet. Mine came with the esc and motor, and battery.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Flyer 1

Default RE: New to electric

Yep, that'll work with your transmitter just fine and is a great flyer, one of the best.
You MIGHT want to go with the Naro-sized GWS flight pack instead of the Pico, though - the difference is mainly servos that are slightly larger, and also a larger battery. The little Pico servos are tiny and have relatively little torque - Naros would be better suited to this model.
Flyer