Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Best Slowstick Battery

Old 02-13-2003, 01:59 AM
Cincy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Slowstick Battery

I am building my slowstick this weekend and I'm also going to order/buy a few extra battery packs. My stick is pretty much the stock set up, GWS100 esc, 300C motor/gear, etc.

I'm looking for some suggestions. I'd like something that powers the stick sufficiently and gives more than 10 minute flights. It has to be Nicd or Nimh, since I don't have a charger for other types. What should I order?
Old 02-13-2003, 02:28 PM
pda4you

Here is what I use:
7 and 8 cell 600mAH AE nicads (cheap and good for 7-8 minutes with some throttle)
8 cell 1100mAH HE cells NiMH. A bit heaver but lots more duration.

Perry is nice and I ordered two more 8 cell packs from him Monday I got them yesterday!

http://www.aeromicro.com/Catalog/bat...4_products.htm

Mike
Old 02-13-2003, 03:15 PM
ElectriFan-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

I second the 1100 NiMHs. Great choice when it's a little breezy and/or using 11x8/12x6 props. Just be careful using full throttle all the time with this set up on your 5A ESC - you may want to bench test the current draw if someone hasn't posted this already.

Another choice is an 8x720 NiMH pack for a 10x4.7 set up - it draws less current, flies slow enough for beginners, doesn't need too much retrimming when changing throttle level a lot, light enough to get a 13oz AUW and really float this baby in a slight breeze.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:40 AM
tomlescal

mine flew on 2 amper for 10 flight then went to 25 amps timed the motor foam wheels.1800 nimh from radio shack good 20 mintues. fill fuse with light ply or something. best starter plane every.e-starter and p-51 waiting for spring.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Cincy

Thanks for the suggestions. It sounds like I may have to upgrade from the ICS100 ESC if I want to use some of these higher mah batteries. Would it be safe to run my radio shack 9.6V 1000mah nicds on the ICS100?
Old 02-14-2003, 05:50 PM
tomlescal

i ran a 9.6 1100 on the ics 50 so try it.flight time is much better.slow stik can take so much weight.biggest suggestion is change the wheel to foamies.servo mounts need to be on top of the fuse to accommadate the bigger batts.just fly it however you want to.