Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

SS prop/battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 06:00 AM
Tabbytabb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS prop/battery

Quick ?
I bought a SS about a week ago and promptly broke my prop, guy at LHS told me to use a 1147 prop for more thrust but now my plane seems underpowered. Keep in mind that I am a complete dumbass when it comes to this stuff. Same guy at LHS sold me a 6 cell 1100 mah battery is this good stuff. I want the plane to go a little faster so which prop/battery combo should I go with.
I think an 8 cell is out because I only have ICS-100

One other question, what charger are you guys using, mine is a pain in the ass cus I have to hook it to battery posts, is there a charger that will plug into cigarette lighter

other than that this thing is a complete blast

Thanks
Tabb
Old 02-13-2003, 03:21 PM
ElectriFan-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default SS prop/battery

I use either a 10x4.7 (for my son) or an 11x8 (for me). You may want to consider a 7x1100 or 8x1100 NiMH pack. Aeromicro/Edogfight/Aircraft-world have them, or you can try exchanging the 6x pack at the LHS. Your ICS100 may be okay if you don't fly it full throttle all the time. Bench test for current draw can put your mind to ease.

I use a Triton now. You can get some banana plugs (male/female) and a cig. lighter adapter from Radio Shack and make a slight mod to the charger - one connector for the battery posts, another for the cig lighter adapter.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:32 AM
tomlescal

Default SS prop/battery

dear tabby, slow stik rocks.anyways i fly mine with 8 cell 1100 with 2 amp esc so go for it. 12 x 6 or 12 x 8,both hall ____! time the motor and get bigger esc flies great.i am flying aiptek camera this weekend try to post pics sunday night.radio shack 1650 or 1800 pack fly 20 to 30 minutes.9.6 (8) AA cells chop in half fold over,looks light controller battery. bydusa.com FLY OR DIE IN BRAIDWOOD,IL.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:10 AM
Warrenizer
My Feedback: (5)

Default SS prop/battery

I had some old RC car batteries, so I bought an 8 cell battery holder from radio shack and soldered a connector on. it works great.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:30 AM
needforspeed

Default SS prop/battery

if i made a 8 cell pack from rc car batterys ,how many volts will that = ?i made a pack from some AA1100 ma batterys,i used 5 to =7.5 volts, to power my slow stick, 4 min run time, could some one give me a link to a good battery pack. how many volts can a slow stick take?
Old 02-19-2003, 01:47 AM
Warrenizer

Default SS prop/battery

it is 9.6, actually it is about 11 when just charged. I am using stock motor and a 5 amp speed control. I just dont run at full power all the time. I climb to about 20 feet and reduce power so I wont burn up the motor. I used to run 6 cells, but there is far more power in an 8 cell.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:10 AM
needforspeed

Default SS prop/battery

did you take apart the rc car batterys and made your own pack with 8 cells?
Old 02-20-2003, 02:07 AM
Warrenizer

Default SS prop/battery

I had two old RC car batteries, with dead cells. I just took the cells out and put them in the battery holder. I crashed my slow stick today, it was flying at about 8 feet and the wire broke in the connector. it stalled and went in. I was surprised that it only broke a prop, had I done the same thing with a glow plane the front end would be gone.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:48 AM
needforspeed

Default SS prop/battery

thanks,i will try that,i did make a batt pack with some Panasonic 1100 AA i had laying around used 5, did ok on my slow stick today ,i was doing take offs from my drive way ,thats pretty cool,cant do that with my 1/4 scale giles 202!!this park flying is new to me ,and fun,been flying gas for 15 years,thanks for info.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Warrenizer

Default SS prop/battery

The Slow Stick is also my first electric.I had 40 dollars and wanted a new plane, so I bought one. I actually managed to do a wall and a harrier yesterday with mine, both were unintentional.