Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Sky Scooter Pro II

Old 02-16-2003, 04:06 AM
LTChip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky Scooter Pro II

My brother just got a SkyScooter Pro II and his first attempt at flight failed with three crashed all with the plane crashing 20 feet from his hand launch point with a left veer.

I have not owned or flown a SSProII but - I told him to check the trim and balance and to pay attention to the hand launch.

Is there anything else I can recomend to him to get him going?

He is one frustrated newbe with a new plane that wont fly for him. And TWO broken props to boot.

So he is off to the LHS to get some props. Is there anything else he can get (don't say a slow stick) to make his plane better?

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:05 PM
PatinIdaho.
My Feedback: (3)

Sky scooter is a fine first plane. Give it a couple clicks right aileron. Make sure the battery is at it's peak charge and after tossing it get your hands on the stick fast. Mine always starts to dip right after tossing it so i have to give it a small ammount of up elevator till it gets a little speed.

Pat
Old 02-18-2003, 06:30 AM
LTChip

Default Thanks

Did a "post mortem" with him and it turned out that the battery had been sitting a few days after being charged. With a full/fresh charge the plane took off just fine. Trim needed about 4 clicks of up.

He is now crashing it as a self-teaching beginner should - ie. into the schoolhouse, fence, tree, etc.

The motor came loose - any tips on getting it secured. The platic piece in the motor mount broke. Is it ok to just epoxy the motor in there?
Old 02-18-2003, 08:08 PM
noblprz

Hot glue the motor, it will be easier to break loose if you want to use it for another plane later, or upgrade the motor.

Scooters Rule!

-RON
Old 02-18-2003, 11:03 PM
PatinIdaho.

Here is what i did. I used a LITTLE bit of 5min epoxy on 3 different spots on the front of the motor where it meets the foam.It just takes a drop. The motors are hot glued in from the factory and if you use hot glue again as soon as the motor warms up they just come loose again
Old 02-19-2003, 01:54 PM
noblprz

Mine ran with hot glue holding the motor for about a month without a problem, so perhaps it was the brand of glue you used.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:45 PM
PatinIdaho.

With 7 cell pacs the motor does not get to warm but i was flying mine with 8 cell pacs and it gets warm enough to loosin up hot glue

Pat
Old 02-19-2003, 07:12 PM
noblprz

I run 8 cells, too. To keep the motor from heating, I ducted the engine nacelle with an exacto, and used a cut off piece of plastic spoon as a scoop. Works great, and will make your motor last longer and run truer after longer flights.

Just a tip

--RON
Old 02-19-2003, 10:58 PM
PatinIdaho.

Yeah the scoop helps. But does not keep it cool enough for my likeing

Pat