Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

how do i professionally customize my parkflyer???

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

how do i professionally customize my parkflyer???

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:24 PM
DJM325

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i professionally customize my parkflyer???

ive got a parkzone focke wulfe 190, now say i wanna put some small little retracts on the thing, does this mean i need a new reciever and then a new controller with more controlls on it? or what if i wanna put a rudder on it, does that mean i need to get anew reciever and controller for that cituation too, and then how do i know that im gunna be able to control the motor speed as well if i get a new controller and reciever? i see people mod their parkflyers all the time, but i dont know what they do about these little problems. anyone with experience pleez tell me how to go about things like this. thanx.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:32 AM
gunracer

Default RE: how do i professionally customize my parkflyer???

dj,

usually, every control function (ailerons, elevator, throttle, rudder, gear, flaps, etc) requires a separate channel on the radio and receiver...if you want to add retracts and a rudder, you'll need at least a 5 channel radio setup...
Old 03-30-2007, 01:32 AM
DJM325

posted 2 responses on accident, read next one. lol
Old 03-30-2007, 01:39 AM
DJM325

yes, thankyou for the respond. i built a gas plane before and i had 3 channels, elevator, rudder, and throttle. the reciever has a fourth channell if i wanna put another servo in for whatever. now that is simple. its really just the throttle on these electric planes that im not quite familiar with, theres no servo to plug into the reciever to control it obviously, like in gas planes, say you plug the throttle servo into channel 4, so thats how you controll it, with your channel 4 lever on your controller. i dont know how it works for the electric motors and thier recievers, how do i know what will be controlling it on my "new" controller. does the throttle like come standard on channel 1 or sumthing on these electric plane recievers?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:30 AM
AJ1202

DJM, you will find on electrics the throttle will either run on ch1 or ch 3 depending on the TX you use, when modding a plane or adding features you have to have a big enough RX to handle the components your trying to add, also the ESC and batt will play a large roll, if your ESC can't handle 4 servo's then you will have a failure in the system. I have found that the best way to learn is to be specific with your intension, give info of plane and what you want to do and then ask for tips and or advice on the best way to get it done. There are many people here that have made mods and can help you through it till you learn the ropes about the electric set ups. also some planes just can't take but so many add ons before the weight gets out of hand and ruins it's flight characteristics, or there just isn't enogh room inside the plane.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Hagar69

DJM325,
I assume you have the standard Parkzone electonics now and also a brushed motor? Parkzone uses a combined receiver and brushed speed control. They also use their proprietary servos with 5 wires.

To do what you are asking you should go for standard electronics, then the RX will be one unit and the ESC (Electronic Speed Control) will be a separate unit. The ESC plugs into the RX with a 3 wire connector just like a standard servo. Most ESC's has a built in BEC (Battery Ellimination Circuit) that also powers the receiver through the same 3 wire plug. It is also possible to have a separate BEC, then this would be connected to the BATT plug on the RX. The ESC sits between the battery and the motor.

You are probably better off going for a brushless system once you upgrade. Brushed ESC's are hard to find and brushless motors are so much more efficient.
I reccomend a 6 channel radio and RX. The Spektrum DX6 is very nice for park flyers. I use it with 5 different models ranging from planes with (2-4 servos) to a 3D helicopter with 4 servos, a gyro and an external BEC. It is a very good value, however I'm considering to upgrade to the DX7

Hagar
Old 03-30-2007, 12:28 PM
scoooper

retrack servos move SLOWER an sometimes come with the rettrack kit , or get em seprately, sounds fun to me! good luck, scoooper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86666.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	653004