Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Hyperflea!!!! ---Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:52 AM
alex k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyperflea!!!! ---Review

www.superflyrc.com -- Ive been a fan of these planes and just added to my collection the hyperflea. I will do a full review, just gotta wait for it to get here. Check it out.

Alex

(BTW, If you have any questions feel free to ask. I also know quite a bit about the Superflea. Go here, its a good thread I started for the Superfly products. http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16901 )
Old 03-08-2008, 03:20 AM
forkenoath

Default RE: Hyperflea!!!! ---Review

WOOOHOOO! I dont usually post about much of anything but have to this time. I just bought the hyperflea kit, I usually fly nitro but thought i would get somethin for slow survivable combat and man i am impressed. Such an easy build and so tough. It is an absolute blast to fly. I thought it would be very unstable and twitchy but i was wrong, it is very easy to fly but definately not for beginners. I would also recommend using medium ca for the engine mount and not the hot glue suggested in the instuctions because the heat of the motor melts it, or it could be that it was 40 degrees C on my first flights. anyway just had to share my thoughts and if you are thinking of getting one, GO FOR IT, it is a ton of fun.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:52 PM
sneezy

I've just got one of these myself, and I'm in Adelaide too. Actually it is a gift for my 5 year old lad from a friend in Canada, so he'll be flying it.
Sounds like it will fly well. I was going to toughen it up a bit but changed my mind. I have used CA hinges though, I tested the hot melt idea on some scrap, and didn't like it.

Martin
Old 03-21-2008, 03:41 AM
forkenoath

5 year old flying it? Good luck. It is quite a handfull to fly. I was a bit unsure about the hot glue hinge myself but after getting it right its probably the best foamy hinge ive tried. Where abouts in adelaide do you fly?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
mr.sneezy

LOL, he does seem to have a lot of luck :-)
Don't forget five year olds learn at a fantastic rate, and have faster reflexes than us crusty adults.
I'll send you the video of his first or second flights when we get out there, the weather is crap here right now (as you know).
I/we fly locally at Wynn Vale on a school sports ground (a group of us), and I also fly a bit at the Skyhawks club out North.

Martin
Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 PM
mr.sneezy

We've maidened the HyperFlea. The wind dropped on Thursady evening enough to do it.
Here is a link to you tube of young Camerons first flight. I think he liked it.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9lVvLOVGMs]Camerons Hyperflea flight[/link]

I did the trimming before he did it...

In the next flight he cut loose with loops and rolls !

cheers,
Martin
Old 03-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Flyin C

I just got back from flying My Hyperflea! Wonderful plane, I will post pics and videos of mine later so I don't interfere with your review, what a GREAT plane!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:22 PM
forkenoath

I am impressed mr sneezy. Your son is very clever. I live right next to skyhawks but i fly at concorde. A few of us have the hyperflea now and have a great time doing combat. Its fun belting each other and trying to recover before you hit the ground.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:50 AM
mr.sneezy

It was Camerons first Hyperflea flight, but he's been solo since Xmas on other models and has flow things from Electrafun's to brushless 400 Zagi's. He does touch and goes on the Electrafun better than many older experienced pilots do.
He did a lot of time on FMS flight sim prior, with a proper TX so he learned the right stick movements right off. He took only three outings to go solo on the Electrafun XP consequently.

The Hyperflea will be doing air battle with me very soon, we fly combat at Wynn Vale on calm Sundays. We have EPP Reno racers for that, Cameron has joined in with my Zagi one or twice but tomorrow may be the first time I fly against him as he now has his own frequency for his radio. I suspect that I won't be able to get away form him and the Hyperflea. Come join in with yours.....