Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

FOKKER DR-1 Hobby People Watt-Age

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

FOKKER DR-1 Hobby People Watt-Age

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOKKER DR-1 Hobby People Watt-Age

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/128382.asp

Does anyone have this arf? Is it worth the 120.00? I have never bought anything from these guy's before and was wondering how they are for customer service? It is the plane I am looking for and this is the only arf I found in Tri-wing so far. Anyone else know of any others to check out? Thanks fella's, Kevin
Old 04-06-2007, 10:11 PM
garyparnell

Default RE: FOKKER DR-1 Hobby People Watt-Age

I have just purchased a cheap little parkflyer from hobby people and i am quite pleased with their service and products. From what I understand they have been in business for a long time.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:42 PM
flyingbear

I do not know about the Fokker,but Hobby People are fine to deal with.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Mr. Mugen

Has anyone flown this bird?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard a lot about Wattage planes on these forums, which is likely why you're not getting many replies to this thread.

The only thing I can really recall is that the comments about Wattage were not totally positive.

I would be more comfortable purchasing this DR1:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPZT9&P=ML
Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Time Pilot

I haven't heard a lot about Wattage planes on these forums, which is likely why you're not getting many replies to this thread.

The only thing I can really recall is that the comments aabout Wattage were not totally positive.

I would be more comfortable purchasing this DR1:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPZT9&P=ML
I agree. The GP version is bigger and for this already twitchy little guy, you want something "big" that is more stable in the air. I am so tired of competitors putting out the SAME planes. As you know, Polk Hobbies also has the DR1 in the same size as upcoming GP. Now there's Wattage. Why can't they put out say a Fe8 or DH2 or Albatros? DP
Old 04-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Mr. Mugen

Thanks for the link. I never even looked at tower....not sure why but I didn't. I just back ordered one of those. I want to build a big DR-1 someday (probably when I retire) and put a really big gasser in it. Should be a fun plane. Of course by then I will have a 40X120 hangar for all these birds, which will lead right to the field at either end. Already have the spot picked out.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

Thanks for the link. I never even looked at tower....not sure why but I didn't.

It's a relatively new offering from Tower. Announced the day AFTER I order a kit for the same sized plane thinking that was the only way I'd ever be able to get one. [:@]

I just may order the ARF anyway.... Be sure to let us know how it flys when you get it!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Mr. Mugen

I will do that.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:26 PM
LAFAPilot

OK
I purchased this ARF. Installed the reccomended motor (brushless) and radio equipment. I paid 79.99 for the plane. After setting it up as per plans. I took it out for it's test flight. I can say that after thirty years of flying R/C models... this was the HARDEST to control airplane I have had to deal with. I was lucky to get it back in one piece after it's test flight. I did however learn a few things about setting it up for flight. First, FORGET the reccomended CG.... it is incorrect! Second, GLUE the wing struts in place(AFTER you set individual wing incidences). I have made this little bird really cool to fly with the changes I made. Here Ya go, I gave the wings the following settings. Bottom and center wing.... 0 degrees, Top wing -1 degree incidence. CG, moved forward 1/4-1/2". Just remember that the plane still lacks vertical stability (rudder) because of it's small rudder area. But with these mods.. it flys better

Mark