Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2402

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

Thanks guys
    Well I did purchase a watt meter and it showed 35AMP with 10-7 Prop which i Flew with Today and it was good power but i could use more.
    I installed 40-AMP ESC Tonight and also 11-7 Prop which drew about 41 AMP on the watt meter but did not fly with it yet "Waiting for Tomorrow Morning".

I do not know much about Props and I want the Plane to be faster and have little bet more power... should i go for 11-7, 11-8 or 10-8? what are most of you guys r using for unlimited Vertical? thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You didnt mention what type of battery your using. I noticed a big change when I went to a 30C, 11.1v battery over the 20C that I was using.

I have a SK 3542/1000Kvr and swing a 10 x 7 APC on one of my T-28 and the stock set up on the other. They both like the 30C better.

larry
    Never stop flying the airplane until the rudder meets the cockpit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

<meta charset="utf-8" />Can anyone recommend a drop in ESC and motor from Hobbypartz.com that would drop into the Trojan t-28?

I was thinking of these and I would perfer not having to do major modification if possible.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/30a-electr...o-series-.html

motor

http://www.hobbypartz.com/alpha-4809...ess-motor.html

Can anyone help?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry I realized those web links do not work

The esc is
    <meta charset="utf-8" />

30A Brushless ESC Speed Controller [Volcano Series]

Motor is
    <meta charset="utf-8" />Alpha 480 (910kv) Outrunner Brushless Motor

www.hobbypartz.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I realize there isn't a whole lot of activity in here, but I just picked up a T-28 and wanted to share that, after a brief maiden flight, I LOVE this plane! I started with a Super Cub, got a Corsair after a few months of flying (and some crashes), and built a profile flyer MS Composit Unique. Really enjoy all of the plane, the Unqiue is the most overall FUN but is extremely twitchy and a managed to burn up the motor and ESC after a nasty nose-in, so it's grounded waiting for new components and the time to install them.

Anyway, all 3 are obviously tail draggers, and I was interested in trying out a tripod style. T-28 was an obvious choice, but I didn't want the T-28D, since the grey/blue would be even harder to see than the dark blue/light blue combo of the Corsair (the Corsair is a great flyer, but I've very briefly lost orientation several times, so it's a bright day plane only). I happened to come across a leftover original T-28 PNP at the LHS, and since I had some coupons, it went home with me The white/red/black combo is awesome, very good looking. Assembly was quick, threw in one of my receivers, trimmed everything out, and was able to maiden it this evening. I'm amazed at how well this plane flew with the control surfaces at "neutral," set by my eyeballs and feeling for the control surfaces being even. The only trim adjustments I had to make was a few clicks of up elevator and she flew straight and level at 1/2-3/4 power. My only complaints from the maiden are that it torque rolls a bit under full throttle, and it rolls left noticably more slowly than it rolls right; a factor of the motor/prop torque?

The best part of the flight was the landing: I'm amazed at how well it lands! Having only flown the tail draggers, I found landing to be a bit tedious, because as soon as the wheels set down, the plane pulls to the right and I've found it almost impossible to keep it straight. I've gotten pretty good at landing, the Cub is the easiest and the Corsair is the hardest (I've put the skid plates on and mostly belly-land it now), but the T-28 is definitely on par with the Cub, if not better. It just sets down on the rear wheels, immediately sets the front down, and rolls straight and true with just a touch of rudder input. This must be a product of the tripod gear, and I certainly wish I would have discovered it earlier. The tail draggers are cooler looking, but the tripod seems like a more reliable set up.

Anyway, glad to own a T-28, looking forward to many great flights Anything I should know about without digging through all 90 pages? Hahaha.
    Super Cub - Converted to DSM2; MS Composit Unique, PZ Corsair (resurrected), T-28, Habu, P-47, & UM Sukhoi 26xp.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the tricycle landing gear is used on most trainers for the same reason....they are supposed to be easier....
    im pretty sure you will enjoy this plane....it flyes very gentlly and can also perform many aerobatics with the right set up.

Blade 400, CX, MCX
    Parkzone T28, H9 Pulse 40 XT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys,
    I hope to find some help in this forum, i need to replace the motor on my t28. I wanna order it from HK but there are so many that is really overwelming, specially since i have no experience building.
    any suggestions for the same or higher power? I got a 30A ESC and Im running 2200 20C packs...
    thanks

Blade 400, CX, MCX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your going to get allot of different suggestions on the one.[:-]

I have upgraded both of my T-28's with HK motors.

The closest motor that will fit in size are:

SK 35-42

Your stock motor is 36mm in dia and just a tad shorter 41mm in length.

Also the mounting holes are going to be different and if you use the stock motor mount you will need to drill or elongate the holes for the new motor.

You will find new aluminum motor mounts on Ebay for $20.00 that will allow you to use the SK/Turnigy motors.

You will also find a longer aluminum motor mount that will allow you to use the SK 35-36 motor which is 6mm shorter that your stock motor.

My recommendation is:

New stock size aluminum motor mount and the 35-42, 1000Kvr motor.

The new motor mount will greatly strengthen the fire wall area, reduce vibration and you will only need to open the cowl slightly for the motor shaft and hub.

Change out the 30A ESC with a 40A esc and run a 10 x 7 APC prop.

Your stock motor is about 180W motor on a good day it will give you 33oz of thrust on the stock setup..

The SK35-42 1000Kvr with a 10 x 7 APC and a 30C battery will give you about 410W and 59oz of thrust.

This is what I use on both of my T-28's.

Good luck

Larry

Larry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Larry,
    Thank you for your prompt answer, I was looking at the SK35-42, one of the things that confuses me about all these motors is that in the picture they look like the shaft comes out of what would be the "static" part of the stock motor, wich is totally oposite. is there any mod that has to be made to the motor itself? I really wanna give HK a shot since I can get a motor + ESC for the same or less of a stock motor cost and add more power to the plane, but I want to be sure to order the right stuff since there's no way back oce I order it.

Thanks again for your help,

Carlos.
    Blade 400, CX, MCX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, it does look like it wont work but included witht he motor is a hub that attaches to the outer case and that now makes it a out runner just like the stock motor.

There is enough room in the motor mount area for the motor shaft to stick back into the fuse.

Be careful when ordering. I purchased a 1100Kvr and a 1000Kvr.

They also offer a 900Kvr motor. I know of a fellow flyer that used the 900Kvr and his performance was the same as stock on a 10 x 7 prop.
    He could go to a 11 or 12" prop but then there is a prop clearance issue.

The 1100Kvr will give you 60oz of thrust on a 10 x 7 prop. That is 36A and 412W of power. The stock motor is 180W

The 1000Kvr is a little less power but the the lower current draw will make my ESC's last longer.

One BIG differance with this motor is your should have a 30C, 11.1V Li Po.

I tested this motor using a 20C and a 30C battery and the 30C gave me 10oz more thrust (60oz total).

This is not bad for 5 pounds oF thrust on a 3 pound plane.

You will like the increase of performance.

Good luck

larry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: STOCK POWER SYSTEM (Park Zone 480 Outrunner with 960Kv and E-Flite Switch mode 30-AMP ESC)

I have tried lots of other combination of Battery and propeller size/pitch on my T-28 Trojan.

It is just a fantastic model that $$ can have! Best flying Park Flyer and very robust landing gear and nose wheel steering for this size of a model.

Before you opt to change out the very capable Stock Power system, I have used many Propellers and Battery sizes, discharge rates.

Here is what I have discovered and like to share for those that would like to spice up their T-28 Flying Experience using the STOCK Power system.

For really great looks and super combination of airspeed and thrust:
    3-Cell, 2200mAH, 25C Discharge Li-POLYs and Master Airscrew 3-Blade (10 X 7 X 3)
    This combination really shines and provides super control for continuous Knife Edge flying all around the field.

For those that really like to fly the T-28 Trojan like if it had Flaps:
    3-Cell, 2200mAH, 20C or 25C discharge Li-POLYs and GWS 4-Blade (10 X 8 X 4)
    I can say that the airspeed is somewhat reduced due to the large paddle airfoil the GWS 4-Blade has but, it provides some impressive thrust and the model comes in like it had flaps!
    Make no mistake, using the 25C discharge Li-POLYs the model still has some good airspeed.

NOTE: GWS 4-Blade propellers come in three colors and I get them from BP Hobbies at a great price, additionally you need to pay close attention when you ream the propeller hub on these because they are made of plastic so, if you use a drill you need to drill for a few seconds and STOP for a while to allow the hub to cool and then, resume. Otherwise, if you continue to drill (ream) the prop hub without any rest the hub will deform.

Hope this helps for those wanting to keep the STOCK Power system for just a little longer.

Carlos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: guapoman2000

RE: STOCK POWER SYSTEM (Park Zone 480 Outrunner with 960Kv and E-Flite Switch mode 30-AMP ESC)

I have tried lots of other combination of Battery and propeller size/pitch on my T-28 Trojan.

It is just a fantastic model that $$ can have! Best flying Park Flyer and very robust landing gear and nose wheel steering for this size of a model.

Before you opt to change out the very capable Stock Power system, I have used many Propellers and Battery sizes, discharge rates.

Here is what I have discovered and like to share for those that would like to spice up their T-28 Flying Experience using the STOCK Power system.

3-Cell, 2200mAH, 25C Discharge Li-POLYs and Master Airscrew 3-Blade (10 X 7 X 3)
    This combination really shines and provides super control for continuous Knife Edge flying all around the field.

I can say that the airspeed is somewhat reduced due to the large paddle airfoil the GWS 4-Blade has but, it provides some impressive thrust and the model comes in like it had flaps!
    Make no mistake, using the 25C discharge Li-POLYs the model still has some good airspeed.

NOTE: GWS 4-Blade propellers come in three colors and I get them from BP Hobbies at a great price, additionally you need to pay close attention when you ream the propeller hub on these because they are made of plastic so, if you use a drill you need to drill for a few seconds and STOP for a while to allow the hub to cool and then, resume. Otherwise, if you continue to drill (ream) the prop hub without any rest the hub will deform.

Hope this helps for those wanting to keep the STOCK Power system for just a little longer.

Carlos

Hi everyone, I have been aware of the T-28 and subscribed to this thread since page 35 and that was a while ago. Lots of great input and I guess I am about to pull the trigger now that the white version is about to go discontinued. (I hope not) Better late than never right? Since I am a loyal and well equipped Futaba 9CAP 72MHZ owner and have no desire to go broad spectrum yet. I was just thinking of going with the PNP version, using a Zippy 2200 battery with a Hitec FM receiver and a 10x7 prop. (Horizon is out of BERG receivers)This will keep all my planes on one radio. Anyone see any problems with this? I already own 2 of the 2200 Zippys, just want to keep the radio small enough to fit under the canopy. Thanks for any input you may have.
    Born to CRUISE, Forced to Work!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just a super early morning in Central Florida (Orlando, Florida) and Ed came with his brand new micro T-28 Trojan RC Airplane model.

A few Pictures:

A few more in-flight pictures coming soon from my buddy's Digital SLR camera!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: guapoman2000

Carlos
    I found almost identical conclusions as yours. I have the Corsair and T-28 stock. I tried 5 different props and 4 different batteries. As far as props go, I tried the stock 2 blade, stock 4 blade, MA 9/7/3 and 10/7/3. The best prop out of all of them was the 10/7/3 but the 2 blade stock was also fine. I didn't care for the 4 blade or the 9/7/3 as much although they flew ok. Then 2200 pack is the way to go, got mine for $12 at Hobby King - and although they are both very good flying planes, I think the Corsair flys a little better -
    Ron - AMA 1025 - Largo, FL

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not

completely sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TOFAST4U2C

I think your asking if you can replace the PNP receiver with a 72Mhz...

I use a Hitec 6 channel 72Mhz receiver in my T-28's no problems.

With a 30C Li-Po, you will see the improvement over a 20C.

Larry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lbarnes

TOFAST4U2C

I think your asking if you can replace the PNP receiver with a 72Mhz...

I use a Hitec 6 channel 72Mhz receiver in my T-28's no problems.

With a 30C Li-Po, you will see the improvement over a 20C.

Larry

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks
    I have a Hitec Electron 6 from another project I can borrow. My 2200 Zippys are 30c so all should be good.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just an amazing weekend and Sunday super early morning was perfect to fly my Stock powered Park Zone T-28 "Airforce" Trojan at the local High School concrete band practice surface.

My buddy, Gerry was kind enough to take a few pictures of my Trojan while I flew it and here are some of them: (I fly with MAS 3-Blade 10 X 7 X 3)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice shots....
    Blade 400, CX, MCX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK I know I am late to the party but better late then never. The ups guy dropped off a larger box then expected today. It was a tad dented but the cargo inside was fine. The PNP T-28 was soon out of her protective coverings and on the bench. I noticed the rear hatch magnet has tape over the top of it on the fues side. The fit of the canopy /hatch is rather poor on alignment at the front and seems like it wouldnt take much to have it pop off in flight. Is that tape over the rear magnet holding the magnet in place? In all the prior pages there wasnt much of a problem keeping the hatch on in flight.
    Gonna go at it after work and see if we can her flying this weekend.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got the same tape over my magnet.

My canopy does align okay.

Remeber it is a foam bird.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well now, yes, it is foam and an easy fix. Mine came off on the maiden and I simply sanded the back of the canopy with an emery nail board and kept trying it on and off until I got a snap shut indicating the magnets have met. No problem since! However, I've had some aggrivation with the nose gear all from tightening the steering arm too much and broke it out. It was hell replacing it. My LHS has them in stock and sells alot which tells me others have done the same. Since then I have centered it and put a tad of CA on the screw head and no problem. Great little fun flyer!

John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys, and its just a small strip of clear tape holding the horizontal stab on?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TOFAST4U2C

Thanks guys, and its just a small strip of clear tape holding the horizontal stab on?
    2 strips of clear tape on each side - top and bottom.
    Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't remove the tape over the magnet!! The glue that holds the magnet in will not last long, the tape helps.
    Jerry
    AMA -922698 Nomal people scare me, but not as much as I scare them...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Grounded already...... Thanks for the tip on the tape Jerry.
    There is only 1 small 3 inch sliver of tape to hold the horiz. stab on so I will need to use another type. No big deal, started to look hard at everything and there is a ton of glue covering the 30 amp BEC. Removed the cowl to check out the steering and the steering arm is snaped off the nose gear at the control rod end. I guess I will have to hunt around to see what I have to fix that. I think some others here have had some issues with the nose gear and hard landings but not out of the box. Looks likeI will need some small servo extensions to give the radio a good location. I still have to file down the canopy to get the magnet to engage too. Atleast my 2200 Zippy fits no problem just need to put on a deans connector. I knew it was too good to be true, there is no such thing as a PNP or RTF in my opinion.
    Thanks for the support, Jack

Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast