Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:55 AM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

reading and talking time to fly 3 blade only changes well paint too going to change it into a hot rod later new motor and speed controler,going with cc brand flaps and bomb drop too frank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23833.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	912236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46971.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	912237  
Old 03-24-2008, 12:47 PM
SUPERSPORT

ORIGINAL: frank99

reading and talking time to fly 3 blade only changes well paint too going to change it into a hot rod later new motor and speed controler,going with cc brand flaps and bomb drop too frank
I like your paint.

Can you give me a link to the flaps and bomb drop you are talking about?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Bilymac

Had the same issue when my T28 was new. Sent the esc back and they gave me a new one, no problems since.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:25 PM
sportrider_fz6

I had the "misfire" problem this weekend also. I thought it was the ESC but I swapped it with the one in my stryker and it works fine in there. I didn't get any smoke but the arming tones are really muted. I'm not sure but I think the motors gone.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM
7.6cculater

I just bought the plug and play version and my motor also glitches. Runs slowly in reverse some times also when I hit the throttle. Seems to glitch and run backwards up to 1/2 throttle and then it's fine. Is this an ESC or motor issue??
Old 03-24-2008, 11:15 PM
squidward

i did my second t-28 RTF flight easter morning and everything seemed to go fine
then later that afternoon i go out to fly the t-28 and i did my pre flight surface movement check
and to my suprise the steering/rudder servo wasnt working :0 .. so when i pulled the stock parkzone servo
i see that the wires are bent that come out of the steering servo and the casing is melted....

im thinking about putting my micro555 in my t-28 so i dont get any other suprises

i should have known that this was going to happen after all i didnt build it (RTF)
Old 03-25-2008, 07:28 AM
sportrider_fz6

I'm going to replace the motor and esc with another one. I found a 1450kv motor and a 40amp ESC for $50.00 that I'm going to try. I think that should be a noticeable increase in power and hopefully that will cure the problem for good.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:52 AM
mustang_1
My Feedback: (7)

Ok I want to use the sonic combat in this plane but i want to change the raido will the combat module work in any other reciver other than the stock parkzone ?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:36 PM
sportrider_fz6

I called horizon and told them what my plane was doing, they said it sounded like the ESC and to send it to them and they'll check it out and send me a new one. what's funny is I put everything back in the plane and it worked today. I actually strafed the neighborhood. the plane felt slow tho so I'm thinking there's still something wrong with it.(unless it's just because I've been flying the F-27 so much lately)
Old 03-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Tabair

I wouldn't continue using that ESC. The same thing happened to me, It took almost full throttle to fly what I normally used 6/10th. Then it locked up at full power and the rest of that flight was not fun. Sent it back to Horizon with the broken prop and cowling and they sent me all three. Haven't used the new ESC as I switched the stock motor for a TR 35-36C and Turnigy 40A ESC.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 PM
JDMjdawg

Hey guys, I finally finished reading all 38 pages of this thread..took forever!
I picked up a T-28 a couple weeks ago and its been a blast to fly. I had a Slow Stick which I flew for about a month before making the transition to the T-28.

Anyway, I nosed it in pretty good during an inverted pass about 8 feet off the deck. I dumb thumbed it and went down instead of up =/
It has since been repaired and now when I go to fly it, theres a pretty good vibration at different RPM. I thought it was the prop so I swapped it for a new one, same issue.
I decided to just pick up a new shaft for the motor. When trying to take off the old shaft, I'm running in to problems. I can get the alan screw off of the spinner and the other 2 alan screws on that side of the motor....but the last one which is on the backside of the motor is giving me a problem. It seems that this alan screw is slightly smaller than the other 3. I can't seem to find an alan wrench that will fit the back alan screw.

Are all 4 alan screws supposed to be the same size?

Anyone have tips on how to change out the stock 480 shaft?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:24 PM
SUPERSPORT

ORIGINAL: JDMjdawg

I picked up a T-28 a couple weeks ago and its been a blast to fly. I had a Slow Stick which I flew for about a month before making the transition to the T-28.

Anyway, I nosed it in pretty good during an inverted pass about 8 feet off the deck. I dumb thumbed it and went down instead of up =/
It has since been repaired and now when I go to fly it, theres a pretty good vibration at different RPM. I thought it was the prop so I swapped it for a new one, same issue.
I decided to just pick up a new shaft for the motor. When trying to take off the old shaft, I'm running in to problems. I can get the alan screw off of the spinner and the other 2 alan screws on that side of the motor....but the last one which is on the backside of the motor is giving me a problem. It seems that this alan screw is slightly smaller than the other 3. I can't seem to find an alan wrench that will fit the back alan screw.

Can you add some pix of the motor apart? I think I bent mine a little yesterday trying to hand launch. Where did you get the shaft?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:06 PM
JDMjdawg

I'll try to take some when I get home from work.

I got the shaft at my LHS, it was about $5
Old 03-26-2008, 08:02 PM
zestril5

Mustang 1

The only way I know to be able to use x-port modules after you change transmitters and or receivers is to have a third party x-port circuit board (about the size of a dime) that you can put in any plane.

I'm a big x-port fan both drop module, sonic combat and lights and My t-28 is set up with a DX6i transmitter and receiver. I installed the x-port circuit board and all works great. My supercub also had all of the electronics changed out which precluded the x-port untill I installed this circuit board

If you want more information e-mail me because as many times as I have posted about this in this forum and the supercub forum there generally seems to be no interest. Just be sure to put "mustang 1" and "x-port" in your e-mail subject so I don't miss it.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:24 PM
sportrider_fz6

mine is the same way I couldn't get that one allen out. I'm not sure what size it is, I have both meteric and standard allens and neither fit correctly I thought I stripped mine but after reading this I guess not. I'm going to try a torx and see if that will bite it then just replace it with a normal allen screw.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
sportrider_fz6

ORIGINAL: Tabair

I wouldn't continue using that ESC. The same thing happened to me, It took almost full throttle to fly what I normally used 6/10th. Then it locked up at full power and the rest of that flight was not fun. Sent it back to Horizon with the broken prop and cowling and they sent me all three. Haven't used the new ESC as I switched the stock motor for a TR 35-36C and Turnigy 40A ESC.
thats the same motor I was looking at 1450kv right? if so hows it do compaired to the stock setup?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 PM
7.6cculater

ORIGINAL: 7.6cculater

I just bought the plug and play version and my motor also glitches. Runs slowly in reverse some times also when I hit the throttle. Seems to glitch and run backwards up to 1/2 throttle and then it's fine. Is this an ESC or motor issue??
Anyone??
I'm thinking ESC issue here??
Again glitches does not move much, and may run very slowly in revers up to 1/2 throttle and then runs good.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:35 PM
sportrider_fz6

sounds like a potential recall huh??? yes I think the ESC is the problem. I called horizon thats what they thought is was too.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 AM
AE1 Lambert
My Feedback: (1)

Just wondering if anyone has the stock transmitter and reciever that they would like to sale...cough....cheap I would like to add a rudder to my PZ Mustang without it costing me a small fortune ( living of a navy paycheck).

Thanks,
Ash
Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 AM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: AE1 Lambert

Just wondering if anyone has the stock transmitter and reciever that they would like to sale...cough....cheap I would like to add a rudder to my PZ Mustang without it costing me a small fortune ( living of a navy paycheck).

Thanks,
Ash
I've got one. Make me an offer.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Tabair

ORIGINAL: sportrider_fz6

thats the same motor I was looking at 1450kv right? if so hows it do compaired to the stock setup?
I'm using the 'C' model, 1100kv. It's great. I have a MA 10x7 prop (probable not best choice, but only 10x7 available at LHS) and it's over 35% more thrust than stock!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:42 AM
JDMjdawg

ORIGINAL: sportrider_fz6

mine is the same way I couldn't get that one allen out. I'm not sure what size it is, I have both meteric and standard allens and neither fit correctly I thought I stripped mine but after reading this I guess not. I'm going to try a torx and see if that will bite it then just replace it with a normal allen screw.
So I'm not the only one [sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Its pretty frustrating having every size allen wrench but the one you actually need!
Let me know if you figure it out.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 03-27-2008, 08:11 PM
cjg

As I remember the same allen wrench worked for all the grub screws when I replaced my motor shaft on the stock motor?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:15 PM
SUPERSPORT

1.5mm?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
sportrider_fz6

1.5mm or 1/16 works on everything else except that one. on a side note I tried to fly today and the plane won't run at all. I get the arming tones and if I try to throttle up it stutters then I get the arming tones again. I desided to test the ESC so I opened up my stryker and installed the ESC out if the T-28 and it worked fine. so I installed it back in the T-28 and nothing. I'm thinking the motors the problem now. so the T-28 will be grounded until I get the turnigy motor and ESC ordered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.