Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

TRYING TO SLOW THE PLANE DOWN

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Scrape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRYING TO SLOW THE PLANE DOWN

You can wait till the wind is right and fly into it to go slow. I do it all the time take-off and land from the same spot without any ground speed. The battery and prop would be worth a try.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:51 PM
3D-Flyer Kevin

Ok guys obviously he doesn't want any more help so just don't help him. I am sorry that this thread had to come to this and I agree with most of the guys on here. You HAVE to learn how to use your throttle fingers or else your flying experience will be one vicious circle. You will figure out how to add a resistor or something else and then you will want to upgrade putting you in the same position as your experience here. There shouldn't be any reason that you can't learn how to manage your throttle. The rest of us had to. It is just a simple fact and you don't have any right to go off on the people that are simply telling the truth.

Sorry,
Kevin
Old 05-13-2007, 06:11 AM
darticus

Sorry I didn't think a cap post was rude. I'll locate someone that flies and get some basic help. Controlling that throttle is the key. Good thoughts though! Thanks
Old 05-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Slo-V Flyer

I say simply use 1 less cell in your plane. Isn't the Phantom the new tiny "firebird" they redid only with 3 ch this time? If so, I think you should try to get a battey pack with 1 less cell and that should be ok, but again be warned about the lesser power, it may take getting used to flying it underpowered than how you've flown it before. Also, with the lighter weight of the pack, the nose of the plane may want to pitch up a little more due to the change in center of gravity, so you may want to add a little weight in the nose to balance that effect.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 AM
3D-Flyer Kevin

Ok, thankyou Darticus for apologizing. We all have to start somewhere I know many times when I first learned how to fly I ran into my dad's truck breaking several pieces off of my plane, luckily not his truck, which was the only one in the parking lot. Throttle control will come in due time and in no time you will be cruising around the sky with the rest of us. One more thing, yes, a cap post is considered as yelling when you are posting. I respect the fact that you didn't know, but now that you do please try to refrain from it. If you are angry just go do something else to get your mind off of things.

Happy Flying,
Kevin
Old 05-22-2007, 12:01 AM
rifleman_btx

You try cutting back on the throttle trim? crap my bad I forgot that radio doesn't have trims on the throttle.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 PM
zeddfirstwizard

Felas we are all thinking way way way to much and hard on this, Do whats simple cheap and quick!!! Tie on A ribbon at least 10ft long and I gurantee you will lose drastic airspeed!!!!!!!!! I have A couple of these birds and know from exp. that you cant get A different prop for them. By the way it's A pusher. So don't think or know of A single prop out there to fix this problem. Challenger wing is way to big for this bird. And A resistor in line to the motor??????? Dude if you know how and which resistor to put into this plane how in the world are you to hard headed to just back off the throttle?! You asked A simple question on here no matter how ignorant and got A simple answer. Don't get mad at the people who are trying to help you that just shows your IQ! I outta renig on telling you how to fix your problem but won't because there are alot of people trying to slow this plane down and they may need to read this to. Now child run along play nice and when you grow up come back and try to begin again as A helpful member to this club. We are all noobies on something or another thats why even the best pilots come here to help each other and learn from each others mistakes. I apolgize in advance for the degradeing but someone needs to teach people on here that if they ask for help at least pretend to listen to the problem and not bash the people whom are trying to help them!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:57 PM
zeddfirstwizard

Also,remember this plane needs A good amount of airspeed to fly, the ribbon will put you on the sweet spot just before stalling. I have to tell you I am sorry about getting upset but we are here helping you. Please let us. Find A local instructor or even A member close by. Ive known many A pilots and none were ever shy about helping, even to the point of ver doing it sometimes I think but no matter what just keep trying to figure it out it will come and he next post you'll be printing is how to make it faster!!!!! Good luck and fly high!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
hawk3ye

The firebird phantom is naturally a pretty sleek and faster trainer from what I've seen...you may want to just pick up the spare parts to make something like a Parkzne SLo-V or even a GWS Slow Stick - these are high wing planes with a lot of surface area and they have great glidability while given some power don't fly fast enough to be unmanageable.

sorry im just not a big fan of the firebird series, i had a buddy spend HOURS trying to learn on one and really just exceled much more when he finally moved onto a Multiplex Easy Star that was much more stable, didn't require as much speed to fly, and defnitely much more sturdy.

Good luck man! and grow some thicker skin forums always have their trolls heh...