Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Hobby Lobby's Super Miss Sport Trainer elctrical components

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Hobby Lobby's Super Miss Sport Trainer elctrical components

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 AM
devizzle7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby's Super Miss Sport Trainer elctrical components

Hi all. Question; Just bought this A/C the other day and have put it together. Now its time for the electrical components. Trying to save money in this catagory. I'm wanting to in stall a good brushless out runner motor with a good esc on this A/C, but, I am totally confused on which motor and esc to choose. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The A/C is a high wing sport type trainer. As far as the weight of the A/C, its pretty lite without the motor aand aother components installed. The wingspan is 54 in. Body, I think, is 32 or so. Shopping can be a pain at times; to much choice. THX
Old 05-11-2007, 01:12 AM
wksaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Lobby's Super Miss Sport Trainer elctrical components

Hello, I have a Super Miss and love it. The power package recommended by HL is very, very nice. The Atlas ".25 trainer" outrunner is perfect for this aircraft, no drilling even. It just bolts right up and at $51.20 it is truly a bargain. This plane was made for this motor. You could look at other outrunners in the 250-300 watt range, but I don't think you will do much better than that. I just bought an e-flite park 480 (70.00 250watts) for my Mini Ultra Stick and I am wishing I would have just bought one of these instead. It seems much more powerful than that even though they have similar amp draws and specs. As far as esc's go, I have had good luck with the Great Planes Silver Series (economy model) and also the Eco's from HL. The new Atlas Black Controllers look promising as well and I think there is a combo deal on it and the .25 motor right now for $98.00. You might be able to save a couple of bucks over that if you shop around for a cheap 25-30 amp controller but if I were you I would just bite the bullet and go with the Atlas motor at the very least. The performance with a 9x6e prop, cheap 10c 2100 3 cell Li-pos is outstanding. It will climb out vertical for a good 200 feet and approach 60 mph in level flight at WOT. Pretty good for this type of A/C.

My setup: Atlas .25, e-flite 25 Pro esc, Spektrum Radio, Hitec HS-81's (very good and cheap) Cheap 11.1v 10c 2100mah packs. It is a little tail heavy with this setup and I have around 2oz. of lead in the nose for balance.

One more tip, check the alignment of the landing gear before you fasten it in completely, it should have a slight "toe in" when viewed from the top. This will help tame it quite well on the t/o and landing rollouts.

Hope this helps......
Brady