Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:38 AM
drunkenbushman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?

Nah mate no spit here i just love them. Greatest most beautiful plane ever built!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:54 PM
ozrcboy

I tend to agree - when I first got into the hobby a flying spitfire was my ultimate goal. Still kind of is, just waiting for exactly the right one to come along. I've had a play with a PZ Spitfire, and and SBRC spitfire - they both flew nicely, the only trap really is that tip stall if you don't have must airspeed in a corner, but otherwise they just seem to behave beautifully.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:39 PM
drunkenbushman

Funding is what is holding me back.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:53 PM
heartofmadnes

Hey again all, This may have been already talked about. But this plane was also a breeze in setting it up with a brushless motor. My only concern is the pinion gear staying on. I pulled the pinion from the stock motor pushed it on the brushless with a dab of zap. And had one maiden flight with it. The spits will go vertical forever. But I fear that pinion in time is gonna work its way off. Do they still make 32 pitch pinions that secure with allen bolts in hobby shops
Old 06-04-2007, 06:27 PM
heartofmadnes

I have added retracts to the spits...pics to come.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:36 AM
AETCBoom4

ORIGINAL: heartofmadnes

Hey again all, This may have been already talked about. But this plane was also a breeze in setting it up with a brushless motor. My only concern is the pinion gear staying on. I pulled the pinion from the stock motor pushed it on the brushless with a dab of zap. And had one maiden flight with it. The spits will go vertical forever. But I fear that pinion in time is gonna work its way off. Do they still make 32 pitch pinions that secure with allen bolts in hobby shops
What shaft size do you have on your BL? What motor is it? Their is a pinion that I have used on my Aon and e-flite 6 series motors on my Spit and Mustang.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:31 AM
The_Mongrel

Hi Mate,

What brushless motor did you put in the Mustang? I want to do this upgrade but am unsure of the motor I need.

Cheers
john
Old 10-12-2007, 10:46 PM
RedGN

Hey Beaufighter...I just received my spitfire today. I think i'll fly it on Sunday. The feild i go to is huge.
Any advise?

Oh i also bought the PZ Mustand and the Folke Wolfe....Just like the look of them i guess.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Dave ESPI

Beau, I would not have put the stripes on both the top and bottom of the plane in the same location. This may confuse your eye. I have stripes on the bottom of one of my other planes and it really helped to distinguish orientation. Knowign the stripes were only on one side allowed me to not have to think or look for colors to seperate top and bottom for rolls and flips or turns.

Just food for thought [8D] . It does pick up nicely though with the stripes as the camo really does blend in almost too well once you are down below the treeline for low level deck flights and turning. Saves my ass a few times for sure
Old 10-13-2007, 10:11 AM
S.C.C.

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

Beau, I would not have put the stripes on both the top and bottom of the plane in the same location. This may confuse your eye. I have stripes on the bottom of one of my other planes and it really helped to distinguish orientation. Knowign the stripes were only on one side allowed me to not have to think or look for colors to seperate top and bottom for rolls and flips or turns.

Just food for thought [8D] . It does pick up nicely though with the stripes as the camo really does blend in almost too well once you are down below the treeline for low level deck flights and turning. Saves my ass a few times for sure
I agree with you Dave. I'm going to put stripes just on the underside. The stripes on my Supercub wing have saved that plane more than once.

Here's my Spit against the tree line[X(]
Old 03-11-2010, 02:28 PM
revo_crazy

I have this plane ... it's my first. But despite the advise not to buy this as a first plane didn't deter my stubborn self, and i'm glad, had two lovely short flights earlier and having a bit of trouble with the long glide for landings but other than that it's an awesome plane. (did i mention I'm a glider pilot- that contributed to the stubborness)
Old 03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
mad web tv scientist

Revo, great post on a fun and very useful thread! More details about your aviation experiences and maybe your emotional state during your historical Spitfire maiden would sure be interesting to learn about.

I see a very daring and braver kindred spirit here. There are a goodly number of us fun loving flyers on the big Spitfire thread who also love this irresistible machine. I tried to log on to the big Spit thread in the beginning of my Spitfire fighter pilot career. I really wanted to share the excitement of my maiden and follow-up flights but was blocked off so I created my own Spitter thread. KILLER SPITFIRE
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_74...tm.htm#7469001

Since that time I have had a lot of exciting Spitfire and web battle experiences. My "Facebook Profile" sends potential culturally relevant modeling prospects to
the big thread where Winston Churchill and the Battle of Britain is related to what Sir Winston referred to our time as "the empires of the mind."

TALLY HO!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
revo_crazy

Well, Aviation wise, i've been flying gliders since last october and have had around 20-30 flights (working my way towards going solo). and my emotional state during my spitfire maiden, errm... to sum it up i'd say the fact that my hands were shaking afterwards but i couldn't wait to fly it again shows how much i enjoyed this plane.

I wouldn't call myself daring, eventhough i do round out abit low when gliding, i call this stupidity
Old 03-13-2010, 06:59 PM
mad web tv scientist

Revo, that's great, your hooked. I do get a little nervous when I think about new fighter pilots actually doing risky things in the air with no visible means of support though. In other words I enjoy flying so long as at least one foot is in contact with the ground. A man could get killed, you know. They say there are bold pilots and there are old pilots - there are no old bold pilots!

I don't do it so much anymore, but the excitement of doing a new maneuver successfully used to literally make me weak in the knees. In the beginning of my Spitfire flying career I used to get so stressed about it that I had myself convinced that I would never be able to enjoy such an outrageous activity. The excitement level is down enough for me now that I can remember what the plane does in the air most of the time. Some of my maneuvers are becoming more recognizable.

Anyway, welcome to Spit pleasures and please be careful. We lose a lot of pilots. We need more pilots if we are going to win the war - see the big Spit thread!

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:16 PM
revo_crazy

Mwts, you wouldn't happen to know what types of glue are suitable for the fuse on the spitfire would you?

I had a wing drop on a landing (quite gusty today) and have broken the tail off. i thought it may be possible to glue it back untill i get a new one (i'd probably just use it untill it snapped off again)

thanks possible advice is apreciated
Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 AM
mad web tv scientist

revo, five minute epoxy used with clear packing tape holding everything together has worked well for me. I now own some Foam Compatible CA that seems to work well on most foam. Mostly I like regular thin CA and plain baking soda, but you can get in trouble really quick if you use too much CA on regular foam if sufficient baking soda is not applied quickly.

Hope this helps.

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Old 03-16-2010, 02:45 PM
revo_crazy

I TAPED it :P (yes i did say tape)... i was in a hurry to show it to someone so i taped the tail and it seems fairly strong.. I'm going to keep it like that untill i get a new fuse. coulsn't find any suitable glue in the house and my solution seems alright. Anything to keep flying. eh?

Tally ho for now chaps, got some flying to do