Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Strange black U with new Stryker C

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Strange black U with new Stryker C

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:09 PM
healthyfatboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange black U with new Stryker C

I got my stryker and in the little package with the nose, there were a few other little parts that were in there that were not mentioned in the manual at all. The first I realized was to go on the bottom of the plane. It looks like a small inverted shark fin. I stuck that it because I assumed it was for the landings. Then there were two jumpers. I am assuming that is for the receiver if I want to use the receiver in other planes correct? Then there is a strange little black piece of plastic that I'm unsure of? Does anyone know what it is? I didn't find anything in the parts list that would signify what it is. It is black, in the shape of a U, about an inch long, an inch and a quarter wide, and a quarter of an inch thick. Any ideas?
Old 05-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Default RE: Strange black U with new Stryker C

It's the hold down for the canopy. If you open the canopy and the rear canopy(that covers the esc and Rx) you will see a small cutout for this to slide into. Then when you put your canopy on it locks down to this. It goes under the hatch set where the arrow is pointing.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52255.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	688847  
Old 05-21-2007, 02:43 PM
tam popo

HFBoy - what do the jumpers look like, are there 5 wires per jumper? If theres 5 wires they're for servos (usually connected) - need more info!! Tip: when you maiden the plane put throttle on max and give firm push upwards (throw it!!) - you need to get air flowing over wings to get initial lift - and don't be tempted with stock plane to climb fst (pulling back on j/stick). Let the plane fly straight with wings level before making a climb - do it all on mode 1 til you get used to it. Pick your conditions right, very little wind to start with - I know, I dived into ground today cos of high wind (honest!! [>:][] If you need more help there's plenty here on RCU - Enjoy!!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:53 PM
healthyfatboy

Thanks for the replies. I look forward to finally flying this thing once I finish moving the beginning of next week.
The jumpers just look like the ones that go in the typical 3-wire receivers. I think there are several settings on these PZ receivers for things like V-tail, elevons, and so on.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:10 PM
clovus

HFB,

The "shark fin" is there if you wish to bungee launch the plane. It hand launches quite well so you probably don't need it. I could never launch mine successfully with no throttle, but instead give a nice horizontal push at 1/2 throttle or so.

clovus
Old 05-24-2007, 04:00 PM
schuh007

there is no way you could bugee launch a Styker. its no where near strong enough and that little piece of plastic wont hold at all
Old 05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
drunkenbushman

Yes there is people have done it.

I remember people on here over a year ago posting how they bungee launch.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:23 PM
tam popo

I was one of them,ya bar stoolflyer! Remember? Shoulder problemmade me make a bungee catapult out of fishing rod blanks! And it worked, the shark fin is really a landing skid according to manual but is neither use nor ornament (as they say Up North!). Bungee did work and no problems with fuse foam. Stopped using it thanks to awesome b/less power, gentle toss (!!) and it sailsaway Clovus, chased any good planes recently?