Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Comments on Sport Flyer WASP ARF?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Comments on Sport Flyer WASP ARF?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 12:27 AM
trapman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments on Sport Flyer WASP ARF?

I am looking for a plane that I can use to teach others to fly. I have two transmitters and buddy cord. I live across the street from a park in which I have flown the Swift and my E-flite Tribute. I upgraded the Tribute to brushless so have the motor, ESC and batteries left over. I also have the necessary radio gear as well. I was looking for a 4-channel plane that would serve as a decent trainer. I was wondering about the WASP ARF I saw advertised in the Hobby People ad for under $24.
Has anyone had any experience or thoughts on this plane?
If not, other suggestions will be welcomed.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:29 PM
garyparnell

Default RE: Comments on Sport Flyer WASP ARF?

I have one, but it is not built. I also have the Simple Stik that uses the same wing. The kit is really nice for the price, and should fly well. The problem that I see is that a lot of the support structure is fabbed from plywood, and it is not really that crash proof. I learned to fly with a Slow Stik, and I am partial to it for teaching others to fly. The Wasp will be a little faster that a Slow Stik, and with a 4 channel setup will be somewhat better in low winds. The best way that I can sum it up is: good kit for the price, be ready to make repairs to the wooden structures. Good Luck!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:22 PM
trapman

Default RE: Comments on Sport Flyer WASP ARF?

Gustboy -

Thanks for the reply and the information. This sounds like a good solution for me. Will put in an order and get started so I can acquaint my wife and others to the fun sport for rc electric flight.