Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Hobbico Sky Sailer EP RTF w/Radio 27" is this a good plane to start with

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Hobbico Sky Sailer EP RTF w/Radio 27" is this a good plane to start with

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 07:11 PM
DIBERVILLE2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico Sky Sailer EP RTF w/Radio 27" is this a good plane to start with

iam planning on ordering this plane later on today but i just want to know is it a good plane to start with in electric and does this plane come with real micro servos or just toy micro servos . can i buy this plane and take of the radio gear and out it in a park flier?? please let me know what is all goood and bad about this plane

Hobbico Sky Sailer EP RTF w/Radio 27"
Old 03-01-2003, 03:32 PM
goofup

Default Hobbico Sky Sailer EP RTF w/Radio 27" is this a good plane to start with

This is not an airplane- it's a powered hang glider (read: "This is not a bike, it's a tricycle.")

It's a $90 toy. Kinda unique for messing around with at the park and probably very, very easy to fly. I'm sure it would be fun. But it's still a toy, with a "toy RC car" like radio. If this is what you're looking for, go for it.

(However, if you're looking for something "to start electric with" as cheap as possible, and think that this is going to teach you how to fly RC airplanes- this ain't it!!!!)

As for the S3103 servos, they are "real" micro servos. However, THERE'S ONLY ONE that comes with the plane. One channel controlls the throttle for climbing/gliding and the one servo controls the "wing" for left/right. Bottom line: no, with only 2-channels you can't use this radio system in another parkflyer.

Goofup
Old 03-01-2003, 03:48 PM
DIBERVILLE2006

ok thanks for the heping info
Old 03-01-2003, 05:16 PM
sierra gold

I'm not familiar with this plane, but the components make it sound like a number of "starter packages" whose components will not move to 2nd or 3rd planes.

The GWS Slow Stick is a good starter plane. It only takes about 2 hours to assemble and is $35 with the motor.

Hitec makes a 3 channel radio with a 555 receiver(very dependable) and 2 HS-81 servos(micro)... it's available for about $105 at www.omnimodels.com with no shipping charges.

You would still need to purchase an ESC(motor controller), charger, and battery pack(s).

There are also similiar other planes out there. Everyone has their favorite.

Sierra Gold