Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Typhoon problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
paul_harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Typhoon problem

I flew my Parkzone Typhoon two weeks ago and about 2 minutes into the flight, while doing a stall turn, I lost complete control of the model. It wouldn't respond to any of my commands and the motor cut out. The plane nose dived straight into the field. Surprisingly it suffered little damage. I assumed it was the receiver that was at fault and I promptly replaced it with a new Hitec receiver. Today, after testing the receiver inside, all seeming well, I took it to the field and did a range check with the transmitter aerial down. I armed the ESC and about 20 m from the model, the servos started jittering and the motor would start up. Putting the aerial up made matters worse and the servos were manically twitching with the motor turning on and off. I know the transmitter isn't at fault because I flew my nitro plane with it just before.

I find it highly unlikely that this brand new receiver is also a dud, and am now questioning whether it was a faulty receiver that caused my crash in the first place. I have flown the typhoon about 4 times before the crash in the winter, and the motor periodically kept cutting out for a second or two. I was told this was typical of ESCs when flying in the cold but its happened in the summer too.

Could this be a sign the ESC is at fault? Could it be that the ESC is causing the twitching and maybe caused the receiver to cut out in the crash?
[sm=confused.gif]

Thanks

Paul Harris
Old 06-02-2007, 04:32 PM
scoooper

Default RE: Typhoon problem

paul_harris:::Could your ant< be touch'in a pushrod?Have any resister come lose of the moter (Can brushed)?it could mess up your ESC, also check the male ends on your cystal for "wobbleies" and sence it was stored awhile check the female ends in the receiver for crud an corrostion, your bub, scoooper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71466.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	696098  
Old 06-24-2007, 05:07 PM
EpoweredRC

Default RE: Typhoon problem

Sounds like what mine was doing, I am guessing mine was caused by a faulty servo, sometimes it work great other times it didn't i knew mine wasnt the radio system or esc cause it was out of another plane I flew all the time. I just took everything out of the typhoon and said heck with it..