Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

AIR HOGS, WHIP POWER, PARK FLYERS SEDUCTION TO MODELING

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:12 AM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR HOGS, WHIP POWER, PARK FLYERS SEDUCTION TO MODELING

The pure pleasure of sharing model flying and related technology in an effective way has been developed using the Air Hogs "Flying Saucer," "Aero Ace," a whip powered stunter, and a Park Flyer.

The R/C flying saucer was used first to provide the "feel" of R/C control. The Aero Ace was used by teaching the new student pilots to fly straight and turning only in one direction while encourageing them to use only enough power to maintain steady flight. The whip powered airplane was used to teach up and down control via elevator and its use in looping the airplane. And finally, in a fairly small space, a larger 3 channel airplane was used to introduce basic flight trim and control of a motor powered glider; with the commitment to demonstrate an Aero Vorager and an Accipiter Badius at a large flying field for our next flying session. The new modeling prospects were very enthusiastic and I fully expect them to become involved in modeling.

WHAT A PURE PLEASURE MODELING CAN BE!

----------------------------------------------------------

The key to victory for modeling is cultural relevancy. Esoteric, "better felt than told modeling" is obsolete - there is no escape.

When it becomes possible to objectively discuss what really motivates contemporary modelers I will be back in the business of providing "free advertising" for RCUniverse.

__________________________________________________ _______

The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates. Parallel opinion - The unexamined (superficial) esoteric hobby is not worth advertising.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Fisher

Default RE: AIR HOGS, WHIP POWER, PARK FLYERS SEDUCTION TO MODELING

Any attempt to bring young and not so young people into this hobby/sport is a very good thing. I offer my thanks to you for sharing your time and knowledge.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default RE: AIR HOGS, WHIP POWER, PARK FLYERS SEDUCTION TO MODELING

fisher, thank you for your post.

I am having trouble communicating my modeling promoting ideas to my Badius brothers as can be seen near the end the original thread. I really enjoyed participating on the Badius Owner's Club starting late on the second thread last year and posting well into the third thread. I accidentally got on the first thread while I was trying to "advertise" the first page of the third thread so that it would be easy for beginners to easily find important information.

I enjoy promoting good things like modeling pleasures as well as related science concepts and spiritual truths that I believe are mutually beneficial. Attempts to explain my ideas got me accused of having "unmitigated gall" among other things. Given some of the great things that have happened in the past on the Badius threads I was surprised by the anti-social direction the "club" had been allowed to take that was clearly in violation of RCU policies. I fully expect modeling to become a more wholesome activity in the future but I must learn to have more patience.

My attempt at humorously explaining the situation produced "charges" like the above statement that I hope will cease now that the moderator(s) has stepped in (famous last words). Please let me know if there is any question about anything that might not be as clear as it needs to be.

My desire is not to force my opinions on anyone, but rather to know that I have done everything humanly possible to clarify what I believe to be true and good for people.

Thanks again,

madwebtvscientist [sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=lol.gif]

----------------------------------------------------------

The key to victory for modeling is cultural relevancy. Esoteric, "better felt than told modeling" is obsolete - there is no escape.

When it becomes possible to objectively discuss what really motivates contemporary modelers I will be back in the business of providing "free advertising" for RCUniverse.

__________________________________________________ _______

The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates. Parallel opinion - The unexamined (superficial) esoteric hobby is not worth advertising.