Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:39 PM
DepronJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Chip

Sad [] it happens.. everything is going Perfect and then WHAMMO [X(]
but you can rebuilt it or another airframe [8D]

i finally got a round to trying the Himodel 2950 KV motor and it is absolutly Bliddy Useless !
it couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding as we say here!!
it makes a lot of noise like an EDF but the performance is poor to say the least,
puling 25 amps and 250 watts on the Venturie i was expecting more than what it did,
the 1500 kv 130 watt motor produced better results using a 3S 1500 ma pack
once i had the correct set up i was planning to put it in a Stryker but its useless!! [&o]

Ray
Old 08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
gditeam

Default RE: F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

chip happens, lol ok not that funny

chipped prop, My last 3 weekends I DESTROYED my stryker from one stupid mistake to the next. Last weekend however my stryker made it passed a two day weekend without a scratch EVEN with my first few flights under goal posts. However my flight buddy ripped his stryker wing off on a soccer goal post and another friend slammed into a tree before falling onto the pavement.

These issues that we can have while doing "tricks" LOL is why I like the foam portion of these planes. I would odds are have a few things to say if I slammed some balsa planes into the ground or trees BECAUSE tape and ca does not make it look as purty on balsa.

A new stryker is only a fuse a way.. BTW next time gets some film of these amazing treetop landings because it will make the cost of rebuilding seem less because you get to enjoy the footage for years to come.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Gdel

hey guys, im having trouble getting my f-26b stryker up in the air, its my first plane, and i no its not a beginner plane but i want to use it. I throw it, push up to full throttle and pull down to lift it up and it goes alittle up and then nose dives. I have all my trims set at neutral, is there any advice i could use to fly this thing.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:20 PM
gditeam

make sure your entire plane is trimmed out WHILE your batter is plugged in. When you turn on your transmitter make sure those are trimmed BEFORE the power is on. (I am assuming a complete beginner???? not sure).

If it is nosing down as in hard into the ground make sure you have your elevons setup correcty and they are not backwards. Also if you are using the 6-8 cell batteries that come with the f-27b then they can be a bit heavy. Just slide them back a bit so they are closer to where your receiver is.

Toss it at about a 30 degree and NOT up or down because that 27b motor will not just launch you in the air. It needs to start moving so more of a straight throw is best.

I would hand launch it without the transmitter in your hand at all with ZERO wind. Wind can be a big deal when learning so start with no wind. Toss it a couple times and it SHOULD glide to the ground or if your elevons or vertical fins are all jacked up then it may fly crooked or spiral into the ground.

This will let you know whether your plane is even flyable BEFORE you even touch the transmitter itself. Also if you have dual rates remembe that this thing reacts damn quick with turns and can slam you in the ground in a second. Quick control throws will land you in the grass so nice "Taps" works best.

BTW you might want to find the f-27b thread as this is more of the 80+mph section.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Gryphon

foxman500,

On the DX7, you need to plug the left servo (if behind the plane and looking forward) into the aileron ch.
The right servo plugs into elevator ch.

The wing type needs to be set on DELTA (this one is another menu area that you can enter with trans off and two buttons held down as you turn it on)(In this same menu area, but different screen, is where you select where your Dual rate D/R switch is going to be located).

If I remember right both aileron and elevator ch's need to be reversed through transmitter.

I presume you know to set servo arms close to vertical, You would want servo's like Hitec 81MG, not the large servo's that come with DX7.
Use less than 20 or so sub-trim(different than digital trim) steps with all digital trims set at neutral to get servo arm to be perfectly set to where you want it.

Next you want to set travel adjust.

With no trim, you want the top of the moving surface to be flush with the wing. Use mechanical adjustment as needed.

Last would be to set dual rates and exponential (if you want to make flying easier and more relaxing).

Check all throws to make sure that they are equal.

Check to see that there is no bind anywhere in either moving surface up or down. Do this by moving stick to diagonal far corners to get most deflection.

I hope that gets you started fine. If you have any issues and want me to double check with my DX7 settings let me know and I will grab it. Either way left servo does go into aileron ch, and other one into elevator....no exception in your Stryker application.
If any issues work on reversing one ch or another in the trans servo reversing screen.
Again, if I remember right, they both get reversed.

Let me know how that worked out for you.

***Use up elevator digital trim(trim lever pushed down several clicks) before each launch to help aid in launch and re-trim for level flight after you get up high.

Gryphon
Old 08-28-2007, 04:47 PM
foxman500

thanks Gryphon got the elevons working now but for some reason the brushless motor will not work worked ok before on the 35mhz setup it just keeps sounding some sort of warning bleeps and the prop rocks back and forth and the esc led is flashing tryed changing the motor wires around but no good any ideas????
Old 08-28-2007, 04:49 PM
gditeam

make sure your throttle servo is not reversed, if it is odds are its an auto - no start function going on there. Test this by moving your throttle all the way up then try and bring it back down. If not that then recheck connections because if the motor worked before it should be doing so now.

big edit - if the throttle servo is reversed then make sure you and the prop are not going to touch each other. Also change the servo back with the motor unplugged because trying to reverse something while its on is never a fun OR safe thing.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 PM
foxman500

worked it out for some reason the throttle channel onthe tx was revesed thanks again for your help
Old 08-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Gryphon

foxman500,

Edit: I deleted the post because your problem was solved.

Gryphon
Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

I was pokin around on some of my web links and found this.

http://myrcsupply.net/index.php?main...ducts_id=20807

Thought some of you guys might want to know. Shipping was $6 to my door. However I can get my bodies for $15 local.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
gditeam

yeah its pretty much the same price as going to your lhs MINUS this part "INSTOCK - Delayed Shipping ". PLus at the lhs you can check the body FIRST before you buy it.

I wish someone could locate those for cheaper, I assume there must not be too big of a markup on those bodies because no one offers them for much cheaper.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:29 PM
XxOoCoBrAoOxX

Hey guys I had alot of flying time this week and went to my LHS and bought me some Apc E 6x5.5 props and also decided to grab a Apc E 7x5 Prop. Well.. Well.. Well.. I was having a blast with the 7x5 compared to my Apc Sport 7x6. When I was flying on the 7x6 the day before it felt like I was burning through the air and doing insane verticals. But then I decided to throw on my 7x5 And WoW! The difference in vertical climb was awsome! I actually was picking up higher alltitudes a bit faster compared to the 7x6..

But the speed was allitle bit slower then the 7x6, I radared the 7x5 on JUST low advance at 107mph. When flying on the 7x5 prop it felt like I had more minutes of flight time compared to the 7x6. But all in all these props both ROCK! If anyone is looking for insane vertical and allitle bit longer flight time with some fast climb and speed, then I would go to your LHS or where ever and get a Apc E 7x5.

Im not saying that the Apc Sport 7x6 has no vertical. No no no.... 7x6 Also Kicks A** IN AMAZING SPEEDS AND Good Climbs. I remember clocking the Apc Sport 7x6 on my radar at 130 on a dive then coming level at about 115 Mph! MUhahahHahahah!! YOU GOTTA LOVE THIS SETUP!!

If anyone needs my help in ANYTHING Ill be more then happy to help!!

-Adisn
Old 08-29-2007, 02:55 AM
Gryphon

chippedprop,

I am very sorry to hear about your crash. At least it was not a total loss situation.

How much are you going to take off from the T.E.?

If you have easy access to a camera or a scanner to do a hand drawn sketch? Keep us updated.

Maybe some of us can think of something... You never know.

I cracked my stabilizer by rolling the car window up once and a RC expert/store owner in Spokane, WA repaired it without even taking the Ultracoat off of the wood. He did some thing like poke the wood a few times with a thin pin...Used some baking soda..and some thin CA and he dared me to mess with the finished product...I forced it pretty good, but it was very solid....flew perfect and looked perfect....All it cost me was a gallon of Glow fuel...Good deal.

Back to my point; you never what others may think of.

Good luck,

Gryphon
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 AM
chippedprop

Here are some before repair pics

1-top 2-close up top 3-top view end 4- bottom 5-close up

Sorry if out of focus - the cam. is the church's and does not have a manual focus.

The big point on this-- none of the hinge points I use to attach the elevon to the wing failed. The big fracture is right beside a hinge point.
I would suggest if you haven't used these get some and make a demo. Very easy and quick.
After close insp.I think I can peel or slice off the CF strip. Biggest worry is removing the existing points without ripping out the foam.
Is there a Doctor in the house ???
The flash washed out where the stock rod pushed thru the foam.[:@]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65208.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	752412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17020.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	752413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17673.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	752414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44207.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	752415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pb35547.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	752416  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 AM
chippedprop

Gryphon

Could I post a pic step by step on how to make balsa elevons. Would that be helpful ?
CP
Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
gditeam

I think balsa elevons deal with the darkside and would be worthwhile. I have them on mine of course BUT learning a possible "proper" way to do it would be great as well.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
nenomar

Hi to all, I am from Portugal, I love these flying wings.

I wanted to present to you my flying machine.

Setup: esq.60, mega16/15/4, 5,2*5,2, 2200 5S 20/30C

Name:	Kh17357.jpg
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	752472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92625.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	752473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14494.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	752474  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:58 AM
gditeam

nenomar, explain a bit more how you got your plane so clean looking? Got any speed estimates? How do the winglets compair to the verticle fin setup?

that thing must be easy to spot in the air with that color scheme, I like it alot. Damn good job. I too will be leaving that plastic "hatch" that goes over the esc off as well for better air flow. I think it really can help and in a hard crash that little plastic hatch has never stopped my esc from exploding out of it so why have it there.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:40 AM
nenomar

These had been the alterations that I made my wing.
I painted it with acrilica ink with brush.
Is ink used in the plastic arts.
the graphical image I printed in the printer in black adherent film.

I had to work a little with fine sandpaper so that the model is polishing.

In the zone of low I glue fibre glass with varnish

The model is very steady, but it has a lesser wing area, the landing is longer, but without problems if the track will be long

The speed patrol 180/200Kh

I am the wait that arrives one mega 16/25/3 to mount a new wing, of this blue time.

Excuses for my bad English

Name:	Db86343.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	752493  
Old 08-29-2007, 11:43 AM
nenomar

"I am the wait that arrives one mega 16/25/3 to mount a new wing, a blue wing at this time. "

This is de graphical image to print.

Name:	Mk27081.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	752494  
Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
nenomar

I made small wings and elerons with card-scale model, used to make scale models for architecture.
it is very resistant and light.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Gryphon

chippedprop,

Of course, please feel free to do a write up on your wooden Elevon build. Provide all details so people can feel comfortable building them.

What type of hinge are you going to use and where will they be hinged (middle or top of Elevon's thickness)?

What will you use for T.E. if any?

Above 85MPH better than stock Elevons are needed, but depending on other modifications (C.F. and tape) stock Elevons can be used till about 110MPH.

After 110MPH wooden Elevon's become a must for most people.

Thank you for your efforts in advance,

Gryphon
Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 AM
maxamus

Hi All

Welcome NENOMAR nice looking bird there i like the mods looks real cool

Well Guys guess what came winging to my door today ?? Yep the FUTABA FASST 2.4GHZ Well had an instant advantage with programming due to my last futaba set 6exap so it took no time in setting up the only thing i couldn't find was the tiny switch used to pair the TX with the Rx on the receiver once that was found and positioned into my fuse it was systems go all the way so far i have only checked the control and throttle but no glitching so far will range check later and then a maiden pt2 tomorrow if the weather holds wish me luck

MAXAMUS
Old 08-29-2007, 11:52 AM
gditeam

really good job on the stryker mods......

My next stryker that I am working on getting all the parts will be my edf stryker with the 16/25/1 mega on it. I want to use the het fan instead of a wemotec as I have been reading how they can give a bit more juice but of course run a bit hot....

My main reason for the edf is for those unexpected landings that are half a click away and with an edf I can just slide her on her butt back to me + this setup should hit the 100mph for me. I can break the 100mph mark for the first time with an edf. I think it would be cool.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Gryphon

nenomar,

Thanks for all the info, beautiful bird. Good work.

Please provide more info on the Elevon material.

Gryphon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.