Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 41 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2593

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

jattamasso,
    Well someone who's found one of my early secrets. High voltage/ low amp setups were my little trick. That and using a lower KV motor with high volts to kill the high winding powered Strykers. You've found that even though your's may be a little heavier, you can still have a set up that will run with and easily out turn and burn the other birds due to the bigger prop.

Congratulations.

Lord Hunter & Gryphon, still doing a great job I see.
    Missing Man Formation, Looking heavenward you can't help but shed a tear, mournful, lonesome, a hole that screams out at you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well here's my little bit of input, actually a rambling more for entertainment value than information. I am a 43 year old father of three including a frosh. college student. I am a commercial pilot, cfi,cfii, me, with over 2300 hours logged in full scale aircraft though none in the last 8 years. I flew a lot of control line as a lad and dabbled in RC several years ago right after college, though I gave all my stuff to nephews and neighbor kids as I was faced with several moves, children, career, etc.
    Aways, vigilant about aviation, I noticed a model of what appeared to be a super cub in a city park in a down town soccer field. I was killing time, so I pulled over, got out of the car and watched. I found the kid with the transmitter and walked over to him. After he brought it in for a perfect wheel landing on a cement basketball court, I struck up conversation. I was surpised to learn that the cub was made from foam, and ELECTRIC! You guessed it, it was the HZ super cub and the young kid did a fantastic job of selling it.

Before long I had my own and was amazed at how easy it was to fly, right out of the box. Man, I was amazed at how far the hobby had come with electric convenience, and new foam tech. I was having the time of my life with this thing, the hobby was now much easier and more affordable than when I laid down a transmitter several years ago.

I was blabbing about it to my entire large family, cousins, brother in laws, nephews, my own kid, neighbors, etc, and soon there was bevy of HZ super cubs boring holes in the skies of our neighborhood every night the wind was less than 15 kts. Soon a nephew showed up with a Typhoon and dazzled us all with an amazing airshow. He put on a fantastic aerobatic display and he'd only been flying the cub for a little over a month (dang kids... Well this led to a few more typhoons, a couple of helo's and a PZ P-51, but no strykers....yet.

Mine arrived about a month ago. Of course I opted for the "C" for maxim impressive value to the now RC battle hardened neihborhood and family.

I was a little nervous for the maiden...I had only been flying the cub for about 8 months or so, and I don't mind saying...I can make that little doggy sit up and beg....he he he...the Stryker on the other hand, may be a challenge... I was prepared as I had read about the disorienting aspects of the flying wing, aileron controls, sensitive trims, etc...but I was sure I could handle it because well....I was so ***** hot with the cub, and I am a full scale pilot who is used to various attitudes, recoverys, procedures...right?....yeah not so fast there buckwheat.

After a thourough range check, I launched her into a brisk 5-7 kt breeze, noseup, trimmed up slightly...I tossed, hit the power...and she glided to a peaceful belly landing on the gravel which scuffed the paint off the underside of the nose. My kid asked "Dad, what the heck did you do that for?" Of course the tx power must be "ON" for a successful transmission of data, and I proceeded to move the switch to the on position for the "real" flight.

Again, the toss, hit the power (full, of course) and ZOOOOOOM away she went. I had rehearsed this moment severl times in my head to prepare for this moment. Left turn, nose up to counter the loss of lift in the turn, power to half...no wait power to 1/3...yeah baby...I had her circling around us, and tracking beautifully. I had goosebumps as it was flying so well, and all the horror stories I had heard were put to rest...or maybe not. I continued the left hand circuit for a minute or so, and switched to a right hand circle, then to figure eights. "Man Dad, that thing is COOL!" exlaimed my kid as I continued to feel her out overhead. Since I was doing so well and the thing was flying so effortlessly, I thought I'd show him just how cool this baby really was. I fed in a little throttle, brought her out of a left hand circuit right at us, and let a little altitude bleed from the turn. She zipped over our heads at about 30 feet or so and I pitched the nose up slightly and rolled her left, then right...beautiful! She was picking up speed quickly after leveling from the second roll, so I again reduced power and started to bring her around to the left. Man, I guess the nose really does drop in the turn, have to pick up a bit more, hmm...doesn't seem to want to come around in that wind, needs a little more aileron...left, no wait, it should be laying over to the LEFT! a little more to the left, OH NO she's really diving AM I LOOKING AT THE TOP OR BOTTOM OF THIS THING? A little more up with right aileron WHAT THE?... POOF, a puff of dust visible in the weeds, a fin flies up and flutters to the ground, and silence. "DAD, what did you do?" yells my kid in disbelief. To tell you the truth I was quite stunned myself, stunned and ashamed. I had made the critical inexperienced pilot error. I got cocky in my abilites, pushed it and BANG. The nose was laying about 5 ft. from the wreckage and strangely did not seperate where the factory tape is but about an inch and a half behind the leading edge of the wing. The battery was thrown clear and I found it about 10 feet away. There were a few little chunks of foam here and there, and the battery hatch was missing a piece about the size of a nickel.

I picked it all up and carried it to the house, where a major surgery took place with Gorilla glue, tape and toothpicks. In the morning she was once again structurally sound, but not as pretty as before the previous evening's debacle. I am going to order a new fuse, but I think I'll wait until I am a little more confident in my ability, both flying and glueing.

LESSON LEARNED. You have to fly this thing ALL THE TIME. It is a sweet planform and will do exactly what you tell it...including flying right into the ground if that is what your input is. I have since made 5 flights, and have become disoriented one other time which only brushed a wing-tip resulting in a slow speed cart-wheel, and busting the factory nose, more glue, no problem.

If I were asked for advice from newbies on flying the Stryker, I would say TAKE YOUR TIME. Keep repeating to yourself which way you are turing and KEEP YOURSELF ORIENTED, perform your violent manuervers AT ALTITUDE. I also no longer fly at sunset, because of the confusion resulting from the poor light.

I am not really interested in the hot rod upgrades yet, as I am still learning to fly, though I really enjoy reading you guys's write ups, I usually just skip the real technical stuff and engage the actual flying posts. My next one will be the bullet proof version I read about here, and will be painted with bright orange accents on top and probably black on bottom for easy visual reference.

Well that's my story.

Thanks for the great forum and keep up the great work!

ToolJoint

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tooljoint, my friend puts orange on all of his strykers and yes that is by far the best "orientation friendly" color around. A huge key to keeping your glueing and crashing to a minimum is to go HIGHER. Do your tricks up in the sky and your high speed passes and landings down lower. With these things they can move pretty quickly and I have lost orientation on mine a few too many times BUT she is usually high enough so my incorrect input can still be corrected in time.

Anothing thing is "tap movements" beat full on control throws with the stryker (at least for me thats how it is) and a ton of stick movement is not need with the stryker unless you are trying to wip it around hard.

I have nosed a stryker into the ground more times then I want to BUT thats part of the hobby + who wants to fly without EVER seeing or having a crash? Takes the jitters out of the whole thing and that adrenaline is what I like the most out of this hobby.

Get a video of your next flight and or crash....... It makes the cost to fix seem not as high since you now can watch the amazing crash over and over again....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tool
    Welcome to "our" little Stryker world
    If all electrics work- you can get a new body less- elevons- fins-hatches for 20.00 bucks from your local hobby store.

OK everybody fess up as you read his post you were shaking your head in agreement.
    Most have been there my friend
    CP
    PERFORMANCE IS EVERYTHING !!!
    Everyone Can Do Something To Make A Difference !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ToolJoint

Well here's my little bit of input, actually a rambling more for entertainment value than information. I am a 43 year old father of three including a frosh. college student. I am a commercial pilot, cfi,cfii, me, with over 2300 hours logged in full scale aircraft though none in the last 8 years. I flew a lot of control line as a lad and dabbled in RC several years ago right after college, though I gave all my stuff to nephews and neighbor kids as I was faced with several moves, children, career, etc.
    Aways, vigilant about aviation, I noticed a model of what appeared to be a super cub in a city park in a down town soccer field. I was killing time, so I pulled over, got out of the car and watched. I found the kid with the transmitter and walked over to him. After he brought it in for a perfect wheel landing on a cement basketball court, I struck up conversation. I was surpised to learn that the cub was made from foam, and ELECTRIC! You guessed it, it was the HZ super cub and the young kid did a fantastic job of selling it.

Before long I had my own and was amazed at how easy it was to fly, right out of the box. Man, I was amazed at how far the hobby had come with electric convenience, and new foam tech. I was having the time of my life with this thing, the hobby was now much easier and more affordable than when I laid down a transmitter several years ago.

I was blabbing about it to my entire large family, cousins, brother in laws, nephews, my own kid, neighbors, etc, and soon there was bevy of HZ super cubs boring holes in the skies of our neighborhood every night the wind was less than 15 kts. Soon a nephew showed up with a Typhoon and dazzled us all with an amazing airshow. He put on a fantastic aerobatic display and he'd only been flying the cub for a little over a month (dang kids... Well this led to a few more typhoons, a couple of helo's and a PZ P-51, but no strykers....yet.

Mine arrived about a month ago. Of course I opted for the "C" for maxim impressive value to the now RC battle hardened neihborhood and family.

I was a little nervous for the maiden...I had only been flying the cub for about 8 months or so, and I don't mind saying...I can make that little doggy sit up and beg....he he he...the Stryker on the other hand, may be a challenge... I was prepared as I had read about the disorienting aspects of the flying wing, aileron controls, sensitive trims, etc...but I was sure I could handle it because well....I was so ***** hot with the cub, and I am a full scale pilot who is used to various attitudes, recoverys, procedures...right?....yeah not so fast there buckwheat.

After a thourough range check, I launched her into a brisk 5-7 kt breeze, noseup, trimmed up slightly...I tossed, hit the power...and she glided to a peaceful belly landing on the gravel which scuffed the paint off the underside of the nose. My kid asked "Dad, what the heck did you do that for?" Of course the tx power must be "ON" for a successful transmission of data, and I proceeded to move the switch to the on position for the "real" flight.

Again, the toss, hit the power (full, of course) and ZOOOOOOM away she went. I had rehearsed this moment severl times in my head to prepare for this moment. Left turn, nose up to counter the loss of lift in the turn, power to half...no wait power to 1/3...yeah baby...I had her circling around us, and tracking beautifully. I had goosebumps as it was flying so well, and all the horror stories I had heard were put to rest...or maybe not. I continued the left hand circuit for a minute or so, and switched to a right hand circle, then to figure eights. "Man Dad, that thing is COOL!" exlaimed my kid as I continued to feel her out overhead. Since I was doing so well and the thing was flying so effortlessly, I thought I'd show him just how cool this baby really was. I fed in a little throttle, brought her out of a left hand circuit right at us, and let a little altitude bleed from the turn. She zipped over our heads at about 30 feet or so and I pitched the nose up slightly and rolled her left, then right...beautiful! She was picking up speed quickly after leveling from the second roll, so I again reduced power and started to bring her around to the left. Man, I guess the nose really does drop in the turn, have to pick up a bit more, hmm...doesn't seem to want to come around in that wind, needs a little more aileron...left, no wait, it should be laying over to the LEFT! a little more to the left, OH NO she's really diving AM I LOOKING AT THE TOP OR BOTTOM OF THIS THING? A little more up with right aileron WHAT THE?... POOF, a puff of dust visible in the weeds, a fin flies up and flutters to the ground, and silence. "DAD, what did you do?" yells my kid in disbelief. To tell you the truth I was quite stunned myself, stunned and ashamed. I had made the critical inexperienced pilot error. I got cocky in my abilites, pushed it and BANG. The nose was laying about 5 ft. from the wreckage and strangely did not seperate where the factory tape is but about an inch and a half behind the leading edge of the wing. The battery was thrown clear and I found it about 10 feet away. There were a few little chunks of foam here and there, and the battery hatch was missing a piece about the size of a nickel.

I picked it all up and carried it to the house, where a major surgery took place with Gorilla glue, tape and toothpicks. In the morning she was once again structurally sound, but not as pretty as before the previous evening's debacle. I am going to order a new fuse, but I think I'll wait until I am a little more confident in my ability, both flying and glueing.

LESSON LEARNED. You have to fly this thing ALL THE TIME. It is a sweet planform and will do exactly what you tell it...including flying right into the ground if that is what your input is. I have since made 5 flights, and have become disoriented one other time which only brushed a wing-tip resulting in a slow speed cart-wheel, and busting the factory nose, more glue, no problem.

If I were asked for advice from newbies on flying the Stryker, I would say TAKE YOUR TIME. Keep repeating to yourself which way you are turing and KEEP YOURSELF ORIENTED, perform your violent manuervers AT ALTITUDE. I also no longer fly at sunset, because of the confusion resulting from the poor light.

I am not really interested in the hot rod upgrades yet, as I am still learning to fly, though I really enjoy reading you guys's write ups, I usually just skip the real technical stuff and engage the actual flying posts. My next one will be the bullet proof version I read about here, and will be painted with bright orange accents on top and probably black on bottom for easy visual reference.

Well that's my story.

Thanks for the great forum and keep up the great work!

ToolJoint

ToolJoint,

Great story. I enjoyed reading and thanks for sharing.

I've introduced a couple of friends to rc planes with the stryker using a buddy box. I would take the plane to a high safe altitude, kill the engine, and then let them just glide it down. It's a nice slow plane when gliding, they get a couple of minutes of confortable flying while learning orientation and attitude, and I can still have fun with it when I take over to scream it back up to altitude for them to do all over again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tooljoint - Welcome. You've got it, I think you've got it, the Bug of the Dark Side A nice tome and brings back some memories. Strengthening the fuse doesn't make it crash proof, it just makes the pieces bigger so its easier to stick together!!![8D]
    Born to fly and loose my postings on RCU......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow, this page is full of great posts, starting with the one from all mighty Stryker LORD Glacier Girl. IT is always good to see your posts Brad.
    Last thing that I remember was you working on a HIGH VOLTAGE Stryker. I bet that thing is a real screamer.

ToolJoint, Welcome.
    It is always good to see new Stryker recruits. Remember altitude is your friend. Actually given your prior flying experience, you probably know that best...LOL.. It'll help to keep you out of the trees besides giving you more time to react with correct inputs.
    After you are fully comfortable with your setup and you get ready for just a little more speed, change your prop to APC E 6X5.5 for about 10% more speed..It'll put you little past 72MPH in level flight with no wind. Keep your eye on battery temp depending on your local weather temps.

***Learn about all of the tape mods first.

Everyone,
    For those of you that launch your Stryker’s with power on, think about your hand before each and every launch. After the release, do an immediate follow through with your hand moving down ward away from the prop. Don't leave your hand out there while staring at the plane.
    I start with my fore-arm vertical holding the Stryker over my shoulder and do the throw with my hand/arm moving in an arc, so right after the release my hand and arm are already moving away from the plane and prop downward.
    Depending on your combination, you may need to throw with varying firmness and also with the plane is varying angles (from horizontal to above horizontal at different angles).
    Whatever your method is, just think about your hand before each and every power β€œON" launch or you will pay the price some day. Some guys use a glove for a little added protection.

***Safety first***

Start making plans for your weekend. It'll soon be here.

Have fun,
    Gryphon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gryphon

gditeam,

You wrote: "I really enjoy the 2,000 kv area" take a look at Medusa Research brush less 480 sized MR-028-040-2200 or the extra long MR-028-056-1900 which can handle running more voltage and higher amps than the first one due to its size, but it is 60% heavier than the first motor.

MEGA 16/25/2 is not for everyone due to its amp requirements, 16/25/4 can not make the power of the 16/25/3 without going to higher voltage than 6S (needs special ESC).

As far as general purpose MEGA motor for Stryker best in almost all cases look no further than 16/25/3 1700KV motor. It is the most versatile and sensible motor between the high performance 480 sized MEGA motors for Stryker go.

Two closest choices in Medusa are listed above.

You've been shows many specific examples run by many different people. You've seen a ton of specs that not even the dealers or Ken the distributor of MEGA in USA know(s) about.

Apples to apples, power and quality wise, higher voltage is a little more efficient.

To go super fast you will need battery weight. That will come in form of few large cells or many small cells or some combination there of. But the weight will not be low….it can not be low to make big power.
    You can dance around that to have super short flight times or to fry your battery early or thin your wing a whole lot….just remember power comes from battery first….These are generalizations and lets not get bogged down in semantics.

You keep asking about motors and the answers will not change a whole lot.

If you ask us, then that might mean that believe our answers a little at least. I'm not sure where else you can get the quantitative factual info that you can find on this thread so far.

*** I am interested in working with you to cover any topics as needed. I am really sorry I have failed you in my previous posts and PMs.

Nail down a speed or power, or cell count,,,fix some thing and the rest of pieces of puzzle fall in place.

It is o.k. if you are not sure at the moment…. everyone feels that way at first.

One suggestion would be to see how people before you made their decisions or answered the same questions that were asked of you.
    If you are interested in that I suggest that you read 2nd half of part 5 thread, if not then the earlier parts of this one.

I will be more than happy to work with you in yahoo IM (Instant messenger) for a couple of hours Tuesday or Wed. Would that work for your schedule? We can discuss motor, prop, battery selection and the methodology used behind it all. I'm looking forward to it because you have been a valuable contributing member to this thread. So lets do it if you are serious.
    If you don't have Yahoo IM get one, it is a free download.

I promise you the best two hours you ever spent learning about R/C stuff. We may even be done in 1/2 hour given the speed of Instant messengers.
    Is Tuesday or Wed good for you?

Gryphon
    Wish i could pack my F-14 power system into a stryker... holy crap

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Buggygovroom,

You did pack a lot in here though.
    Didn't you pack in 6S with MEGA 16/25/3???...and I've never stopped talking about it.

But your (2) 10S-5000= (4) 5S-5000 packs will not fit. I'll take bets on that. Neither will either of the (2) 10-12+ o.z. motors.

Have you been flying your Stryker lately? What set up are you running now?

Gryphon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HI everyone enjoy the striker F27c nice to see the hot rods!!!!!
    ON A WING AND A PRAYER!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BlackDog in action

BlackDog

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NenoM - wot can I say? Incredible, not only is it fast but its rock steady and agile - perfect
    Born to fly and loose my postings on RCU......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nenomar,

More.....we need more..........more videos.....WOW.

That was awesome...fantastic.......Sweet bird.

Thank You,

Gryphon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nenomar

BlackDog in action

BlackDog
    Sounds like an Indy car changing gears. Cool.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SWEET.....nice job!
    Note to self: Landing on the roof is a bad idea!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gorilla Glue and clear packing tape rules! Carbon fiber tubing, glass and WBPC help, rock on! What a great hobby!
    Note to self: Landing on the roof is a bad idea!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All

Thought I'd look in iam over the beginning of the end, and already have my sights set on a new fuse
    RX survived popped it in to the FJ for a test no probs there, still to check ESC and Motor think motor is OK looks like new but was well cut up about the lipo. Still you fly with the big boys you gotta crash and burn with em to

some great looking strykers hitting this page and great videos to, best i get airborne soon make some videos to

MAXAMUS..........
    SOME OF THE BEST STRYKER VIDEO\'S YOU WILL EVER SEE !! BY MAXAMUS
    http://www.putfile.com/strykerpilot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

maxamus,

It'll be good to see you get back in the air with your new Stryker. I'm sure you were so sad but I hope you're feeling much better.

What are they going to do on the lipo for you? The 50% Exchange program? Do you have to ship out of the country or exchange it in U.K.?

What about FMA Co-Pilot?

Good to see you back buddy

Gryphon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

doppler reading say what?

Very fast, and the spot is ideal for crash landings since it has high grass, very bumpy and absorbing....
    I can imagine the face of the voyeurs eheheh

Have fun

oh well....I only care about the Stryker....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gryphon, Have you ever seen a Stryker come apart in flight?
    I have.
    Screaming Yellow Zonker set up proved to be just a little too much for a fairly stock fuselage. I let one of my buds try a turn at it last week at the fly in. First he had to deal with the cut down vertical stabilizers and how they don't really do anything until speed ramps up. Then he found out what happens in a power dive if you don't back off the throttle, especially in a set up that will keep digging and will not overrun the prop.

Kinda looked like a gun shot duck. Wings started to fold up and then parts started to peel off as it leveled off. You could actually hear it shuddering as it came unglued. 5S pack looked like it had been compacted from hitting so hard. Was a good 2 inches shorter then it started out, but alas no puff or fire or leakage. Was disposed of safely, 7.62 tracer round rendered it harmless.

God I love these birds, nother $20.00 bucks and I'll have it ready to go again.

But not to be out done, another flier managed to prang his Stryker so hard, we heard it standing between a generator and stereo, and we were a good 50 yards from the runway,and even managed to look up in time to see it pile drive in the second time after it bounced back in the air. A true Stryker flier, that poor bird had probably 2 rolls of packing tape and couple bottle of glue added to it and it still kept on flying all week long.
    Missing Man Formation, Looking heavenward you can't help but shed a tear, mournful, lonesome, a hole that screams out at you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glacier Girl,

It may be my turn to crash soon.

I have 4S-3850 25C and 5S-3300 25C cycled twice each. I'm going to put on mid AMP load props for another 2 flights each before I put on the high AMP props.

I will take radar readings and hope fully we can compare to sounds if anyone can record there next to radar gun.

4S will be propped at above 1300W for radar run. 125 MPH Range.
    5S will be propped in the 1500W range. 130 MPH range
    Both with stock thickness airframe...actually thicker due to 3M Extreme tape all over, and add the drag of the co-pilot sensor on top of front hatch.

If that is not a recipe for a crash let me know.

Hoping for final data in about 10 days...stay tuned.

For now I have an issue with heat having separated the ULTRA coat on bottom of my wing and the flapping ripped it some. Trying to see if I should cover it with more ULTRA , or use tape, or cut it off partially and put another piece on with some overlap and use clear packing tape on overlap, etc....still deciding.

Have a fun weekend,
    Gryphon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glacier Girl,

I read your last post again, that was your bird??? I didn't know if you were flying your latest creation or not.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope fully the only damage was to lipoly and fuse and that the rest of the parts are o.k.

I've learned from each and every crash...we all do.

I let others fly my Stryker too, but I tell them to just let go of the stick if they get nervous or unsure...FMA Co-pilot will level the bird even on my low GAIN setting.
    I cut throttle to buy me time to take over.

Later,
    Gryphon

ORIGINAL: Gryphon

Glacier Girl,

It may be my turn to crash soon.

I have 4S-3850 25C and 5S-3300 25C cycled twice each. I'm going to put on mid AMP load props for another 2 flights each before I put on the high AMP props.

I will take radar readings and hope fully we can compare to sounds if anyone can record there next to radar gun.

4S will be propped at above 1300W for radar run. 125 MPH Range.
    5S will be propped in the 1500W range. 130 MPH range
    Both with stock thickness airframe...actually thicker due to 3M Extreme tape all over, and add the drag of the co-pilot sensor on top of front hatch.

If that is not a recipe for a crash let me know.

Hoping for final data in about 10 days...stay tuned.

For now I have an issue with heat having separated the ULTRA coat on bottom of my wing and the flapping ripped it some. Trying to see if I should cover it with more ULTRA , or use tape, or cut it off partially and put another piece on with some overlap and use clear packing tape on overlap, etc....still deciding.

Have a fun weekend,
    Gryphon
    Hey buddy,

Regarding the UltraCote:
    I had the same happening to me due to insufficient heat during covering.
    Try this:
    1/ Attempt to iron on again. The heat activated glue is still there. Test the heat setting with a small piece of the UltraCoat to ensure it's not to hot or cold.
    2/ Spray glue is a great alternative. Make sure it's foam-safe as the Super 8090 for example...

Radar?
    Didn't you buy that on board flight logging system?
    I know I've been gone for a couple of weeks, so I might have missed info on this, but would love to learn more.

Ciao for now

Stryker_Viking
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    - - - Altitude is still my best friend...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi people, more information of the last flight of the BlackDog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om33217.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	763220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ez81761.jpg 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	763221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ej13528.jpg 
Views:	3 
ID:	763222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xr46462.jpg 
ID:	763223  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nenomar,

That looks like a nice program, WAVEosSCOPE.

But use caution going by the above data. If you look at the video closely, you'll see that there was a good amount of wind blowing.

Some of that tail wind pushing you faster could be the reason for that 140MPH results. I would guess you’ll need maybe up to another 40% more power to get to those speeds..remember the cubic rule.

You might want to try again in a day with no wind. But either way the graphs do not take away anything from the fast plane that you built...It is truly fast and impressive.

Keep up the good work.

If you get a chance, not a big rush or anything, send me a PM and tell me where to get the program and how to go about using it. I've been putting it off for almost 2 years now, but I guess it is time to get it over with. I'm looking forward to learning more.

Thanks Neomar.

Gryphon

Page 41 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast