Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

I've been thinking of these for a while now:

1) How about night flying? Anyone do any night flying with their Stryker?

2) Catapult launch? Not necessary, but cool compared to had launching. Anyone build a catapult launcher for their Stryker?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Gryphon

Default RE: F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Ace Dude,

Night flying huh? I have a friend who used to push for it back when we barely flew. I was mart enough to say no.

Now we can fly good and we have the Co-pilot as well....., well he doesn't. I wouldn't mind giving it a go in a few months. But I would start with using one of my stock brushed 480's, 3S-2100 15C lipoly, APC 6X4, (2) old Hitec 81 servos, Spektrum receiver and a cheap ESC and FMA Co-Pilot.
I used to have links of many different lights, I actually did research it for a long time, and just the flying skills were not there at the time.
I wouldn't even think of doing it in a park, I would go to a shut down Air force base very close by Stryker_Viking's place.

http://www.cermark.com/index.html in search type in: lights
They used to have many more.....
If I could find the rest of those links again...hmmmmm

Gryphon
Old 08-01-2007, 03:02 AM
tam popo

Ace, Gryphon - a few points from one of those who reads and digests this thread every day. The stryker has evolved over the past year to the point now where any serious flyer who likes his plane F27 shaped will opt (for whatever reason) for the tried/tested formula - reinforced body, 35FM TX/Rx, B/less (any make you want!!) with esc to match. Servos are usual HS? - you can't go wrong with this. And wot do you get for the price of a shop-bought stock F27b (with change) - a broody fast bird, vert or near, aerobatic to an extent, tough, easy to get replacement parts and loads of fun by the bucketload. This is why this thread survives and flourishes. So you want to go even faster - its all here!! Me, I built 3 to this formula and just lurve them. My babies
Catapults: I built one cos of shoulder problem launching (carrying my boss for too long!!!), consisted of 2 fishing rod blanks inserted into ground 10ft. apart, with bungee cord fastened to tops of blanks. Use the plastic skid on underside of bird to launch the bird, needs Stryker to be close to ground when bungee tight thn release. It needs practice, it works, but be careful cos there's a lot of power there. Oh, and full power. Don't use it anymore cos I launch from a slope down over Glasgow and it will glide 50yds.
_________________________________-
Try this, LED lights, see video www.goflykite.com I'm building one of those kites (nearly finished!!) but wot about one in shape of Stryker - now there's an idea. Prediction, this is going to be BIG!!!![8D]
Old 08-01-2007, 04:20 AM
gditeam

ORIGINAL: Gryphon

gditeam

2100 mAH (mili AMP Hour) = 2.1 AH is your capacity

15C constant amp rating: 15 X 2.1 = 31.5 Amp constant rating.

For battery to last most number of cycles, you would want to be below that number, to be conservative, people say 80% of that number. But many push past 90%.....

Any way, if you have the 2000KV, your battery will be fine with that prop. If you have the 2700KV, your battery is not rated high enough for that prop and you need to either use a smaller prop, or get a bigger battery or one with a higher "C" rating. Either one will add some weight.

If you have the 2000KV, that battery will be fine and you will fly a few MPH faster than the F-27C....maybe about 70MPH.
You could prop up even more for more speed and power.

The setup you mentioned with the 2700KV maybe a little over 80 MPH.

F-27C is in the low to mid 60MPH range in level flight by most people's radar readings.

The above info is what I was able to model using a Program so the results are not guaranteed at all.

If the 2000KV, the motor and ESC can handle a lot more with bigger prop, but your limit is the battery....for now, It should allow a little more prop for even more performance than stated above.

If the 2700KV, a better battery will add maybe up to 5MPH more speed, because the battery is seriously strained and its voltage would have dropped under load, so a better battery will drop the voltage less and the amps although a good deal higher than the 2000KV motor will climb even more with the better battery...little higher voltage, little higher amps....That is extra 5MPH or more (depending on the battery) and next thing you know...You will not be that far from 90 MPH, but the motor will be running hotter and will be at about its max with a 20+% power addition due to the better battery for example a 2100-3S 20C or better.

Normally the better battery does not make that much more power, but after the weaker battery is pushed too far, it will fall more and more behind the battery and that kind of difference will not be unheard of given extreme conditions.

Ask who ever sold it to you.
Last option if you don't have a tach, and/or don't want to get one: Go to your local hobby store and ask them if they will take a RPM reading from your motor if you buy a prop from them...Buy a APC 4.1X4.1 (not good for flight) but will place the least load on your motor, we should be able to take that RPM reading and determine between 2000KV and 2700KV. Or just ask a friend for a RPM reading..make sure to have a very small prop to simulate as close to no prop as possible.
The stores that provide service and repairs will not mind at all...If it was me...I would also give them $5 tip.

EDIT: for that matter, see if you can ask them for a wattmeter reading of the Amps and the volts.

Good luck.
Gryphon

I found out I have the 2000kv version but am pretty sure it will be worth the $100 I paid for the rtf setup, would have been great if it came with the 2700 but I think flying in the 70+ range is just fine for me. Thank you for all of your help there gryphon. WHat would produce better speed then the 6x5.5?

Gryphon if you know of a solid edf setup for the stryker let me know as me and my buddy want to get into that on a "partner build" and want to get over the 100 mph mark for the first time as well. I read up of course about that medusa/castle setup allowing 70mph vertical which is insane but I am sure there are many other setups that can produce those numbers as well AND I want to do that in an edf form of a stryker.

I just got the stryker all painted and it will be going out Saturday morning to test her out. I have the stock c motor as well that I will be changing out to test the stock c motor versus my 6x5.5 6 series 2000kv setup.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Stryker_Viking

ORIGINAL: Ace Dude

I've been thinking of these for a while now:

1) How about night flying? Anyone do any night flying with their Stryker?

2) Catapult launch? Not necessary, but cool compared to had launching. Anyone build a catapult launcher for their Stryker?

Ace Dude,

Night flying huh? I have a friend who used to push for it back when we barely flew. I was mart enough to say no.

Now we can fly good and we have the Co-pilot as well....., well he doesn't. I wouldn't mind giving it a go in a few months. But I would start with using one of my stock brushed 480's, 3S-2100 15C lipoly, APC 6X4, (2) old Hitec 81 servos, Spektrum receiver and a cheap ESC and FMA Co-Pilot.
I used to have links of many different lights, I actually did research it for a long time, and just the flying skills were not there at the time.
I wouldn't even think of doing it in a park, I would go to a shut down Air force base very close by Stryker_Viking's place.

http://www.cermark.com/index.html in search type in: lights
They used to have many more.....
If I could find the rest of those links again...hmmmmm

Gryphon

Hey guys, I have done quite a bit of night flying... though not with the Stryker, ohh nooooo - way too fast...
I used first my Slo-V and later what became my trainer -Tribute 3D- as they both can fly VERY SLOW...

First time it was by accident due to the sun that was setting so fast and early in the winter and took me by surprise.
I remember how absolutely impossible it seemed, but I finally managed to land the bird in one piece after several attempts,
and thanks to the then still existing concrete runway that was long enough...

Main problem with night flying is to determine the orientation of the plane in the dark, so I decided to add Running-Lights to the plane.
went to the electronics store to purchase some LED's. I was lucky, one of the guys in the store was very helpful choosing the right stuff.

This is the material for a traditional setup with Flashing Running Lights a'la the big birds:

Green on starbord (right)
Red to port (left)
White/yellow on top and bottom

Instead of lugging around a separate "Blinker-Relay" with separate power source, I was told that the easiest way would be to use Flashing LED's that are connected in series to SuperBright LED's via a resistor so to take down the voltage a bit. It's very simple and any one with a soldering iron can do this.
I will make a wire diagram as soon as I can and publish it here for those that might be interested.

Installation of this was very easy, didn't take much time at all.
The LED-lights were buried into the foam together with the leads, I was using old phone cable which is very thin and light. You could only see the the top of the lights, looked good.
All leads ended at a little junction board about 10x10 mm in size. Attached a servo lead (pigtail) and plugged it into the free gear channel on the RX.
I think Gryphon have seen my running lights?

Much later on, in another plane, this simple little "thing" remotely activated and working together with the FMA Co-Pilot is making night flying a breeze. It's a strange feeling to see those small but strong lights safely come in on the final while reducing the throttle and see the slow descent without any input and there - a perfect 3-point landing in the dark....

Alternatives?
Horizon have a $20 Transmitter activated Night-Flight Module, but it is designed for their X-Port receivers, so it must be modified a bit. It's quite big and heavy though it works great.
Individual "party-flashers" with their own power source, also heavy and weak lights..
More...???

Stryker_Viking

Old 08-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Hagar69

I have these lights, very bright:
[link=http://www.dimensionengineering.com/EasyLights.htm]Easy Lights[/link]

Have tried them on the Stryker, they made after-sunset landings much easier. But It would be much better to have super bright red and green on the wings in addition.

Hagar
Old 08-01-2007, 10:35 AM
maxamus

ORIGINAL: tam popo

Ace, Gryphon - a few points from one of those who reads and digests this thread every day. The stryker has evolved over the past year to the point now where any serious flyer who likes his plane F27 shaped will opt (for whatever reason) for the tried/tested formula - reinforced body, 35FM TX/Rx, B/less (any make you want!!) with esc to match. Servos are usual HS? - you can't go wrong with this. And wot do you get for the price of a shop-bought stock F27b (with change) - a broody fast bird, vert or near, aerobatic to an extent, tough, easy to get replacement parts and loads of fun by the bucketload. This is why this thread survives and flourishes. So you want to go even faster - its all here!! Me, I built 3 to this formula and just lurve them. My babies
Catapults: I built one cos of shoulder problem launching (carrying my boss for too long!!!), consisted of 2 fishing rod blanks inserted into ground 10ft. apart, with bungee cord fastened to tops of blanks. Use the plastic skid on underside of bird to launch the bird, needs Stryker to be close to ground when bungee tight thn release. It needs practice, it works, but be careful cos there's a lot of power there. Oh, and full power. Don't use it anymore cos I launch from a slope down over Glasgow and it will glide 50yds.
_________________________________-
Try this, LED lights, see video www.goflykite.com I'm building one of those kites (nearly finished!!) but wot about one in shape of Stryker - now there's an idea. Prediction, this is going to be BIG!!!![8D]

Hi ya tam man

Like the look of that kite would be very handy just now cos there ain't much sun lol send me a email or pm with specs and where they are available to purchase etc would be good for a quick flying fix !! iam away on Friday to Aberfoyle camping for a few days might take my waders lol also taking the little mini max for a quick fix flight while there. Snorkel and flippers packed wish me luck

MAXAMUS...............
Old 08-01-2007, 05:45 PM
BubbleGum

I have been contemplating a catapult for some time. As some here know, I hate handlaunching and currently fly with landing gear. Main gear is from the Typhoon. Tail dragger is a Typhoon wheel supported by a 'U' shaped coat hanger. coat hanger is held on and stiffened by the motor mount to the rear sandwiched with a piece of heavy plastic to the front. Works very well. But when I finally make it to the Dark Side, I intend to use a catapult.

For the catapult I am thinking just a simple PVC pipe construction. The launch rails will be two lengths of pipe (12' or 20' ?) separated so that they will be just inside (or outside) of the underside fin supports. The fin supports will be the guides. The launch rails would be supported with PVC 'T' connectors with the top of the 'T' cut off. Problem is, how do I get a 30 - 45 degree up angle with readily available parts? Ideas Appreciated!!!

Luckily, I fly at a very 'low key' field and no one will mind if I leave it there.

Will probably need a second pair of guides on the plane as well further forward on the underside. My idea for the forward guides is some microwheels like these:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAZC6&P=0

My idea would be to embed the wheels a bit more then half way into slots in the fuse. Probably with a simple shaft at the near the bottom surface. They would be both guides for catapult launch and protect the belly on landing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bought a 'real' radio yesterday. JR SX600. I am amazed just how much smoother and easier the bird flies now. But I had one BIG problem. When I went to WOT, both flaperons went to full extension in opposite directions. [sm=confused.gif] She spun at about 6 rolls per second. Luckily, I recovered and was able to land. Tested it on the ground and got the same problem. Everything runs fine and smooth. But when you reach full throttle, the flaps slap to full extension [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Took the new tx/rx back to the hobby shop and found out what is not the problem. Tried a new tx and had the same problem. Disconnected the motor so we could apply full throttle with no load and had the same problem. With the motor reconnected, one of the throttle leads disconnected (so there would be signal for the throttle to the ESC but no power from the ESC) and a second battery attached to the BAT port on the rx (to power it since no power coming from the ESC), same problem.

So they gave me a new rx. I'll test it tomorrow. Luckily, I am involuntarily retired so I have tons of time to fly (read: I am unemployed).

NOTE: The problem is sometimes intermittent so I left out some bothersome details such as trips back and fourth to the field. Luckily, all the problems did occur at the hobby shop. Otherwise I'd be like the housewife with a broken washing machine that magically repairs itself when the repairman shows up.

EDIT: Although we tested the new rx in the shop and it worked fine, both me and the shop owner won't be be surprised if the problem reoccurs. Luckily, I have a great hobby shop. HobbyTown USA, Corona, CA [sm=thumbup.gif] Owners Jamie and Marie.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I believe a lot of the EDF jets guys are using catapult launch systems. You may want to try doing a search to see if there are any worthwhile plans/products available unless you really want to roll your own. I saw a really nice system at the NEAT fair last year, but didn't pay much attention to it since I didn't have any use for it at the time. I hope the same guy is there this year so I can take some pictures of it or find out where he got it. I don't recall the incline being very steep. Maybe 15-20 degrees? Definitely not 45 degrees.

I've done some searching on the web, but haven't come up with anything worthwhile yet.

If I find any good links I'll post them.

I think the catapult launch would be really cool.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Here's what some heli night flying looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0DKYZ_iMUc

Some LEDs, light rope, and Cyalume/Glow sticks are all it takes. The Cyalume sticks are cheap and easy and you can find them at Wal-Mart.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Here's a launcher:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33639
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Gryphon

Lots of good stuff everyone.....way to go.

I'll post tomorrow.

For now, here is a little something for gditeam.
Look below my previous plane(still have it) at my best friend's plane. 100MPH EDF Stryker with inferior battery.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...22/key_/tm.htm

It really radared 99MPH in a 1 or 2 MPH head wind. So that would be 100, 101 MPH flight. I called it 100MPH.

With better battery, that speed would go up.

With EDF, you have to lay into the throttle more than normal and battery will be used up faster.

Better battery would have produced more power, even if it was less capacity such as a higher "C" rated 3300 or 3850 mAH battery.

Still the flight was shorter than we expected with a 4200 battery.

That is a wicked setup.
If looking for one of the best EDF setups for a Stryker that has to be on 3S(maybe due to charger constraints) and fly at 100MPH...Look no further.

Otherwise you will have to go with higher voltage and lower amps along with a lower KV motor...cost & weight: not much different than above setup.

Info: EDF starts to unload from the beginning, so it needs to make a lot of power so when it unloads it still has enough power left to overcome air drag to still go fast.

Gryphon
Old 08-02-2007, 03:32 AM
robertdownes25

My newly created brushless set up came back to bite me o the bum last night - or more to the point, my corner cutting did. This story is a lesson in how not to go about dark side modding.
I installed a Mystery 1700 Kv outrunner in the standard brushed motor mount. Got it to fit quite snugly and there was no play. It looked good.
Took it up last week with a 7x4 prop and it went like a dream, although it was just a little short for unlimited vertical.
Anyway, upgraded the prop last night with a 7x5 and could not believe the jump in power. Unlimited vertical, and awsome shove.
With the new found power I was giving it some stick, loops, barrels, etc. Was part way through an inverted loop when suddenly there's an explosion of parts in the air and about six or seven things fly from bird. Aggghh.
The airframe floats down to the groun in a very undignified way, like a leaf see-sawing back and forth from an autumn tree.
At the time I didn't realise that meant there's abs no weight in the thing. Anyway, made it to thing and everything has gone, battery, motor, esc, plus fron canopy. After 30 mins searching tall grass find the motor, still attached to part of the mount, and the esc, and little later find the deans conector and the battery independant of each other.
A sheered off motor mount was the cause of all this. If only I had invested £5 in a f27C mount, I would not now be facing a major rebuild.
Have yet to try the ESC and motor, so don't know if there's any damage to that, but seen as the prop and prop adapter are gone from the motor, it could be their damage to the motor shaft.
Ah, well, such is life as a model aircraft flyer!?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:01 PM
finster1

robertdownes25-

I know exactly what you went thru as its happened to me before from a glitching problem...finding the peices was a nitemare...I was running the Mega 16/15/4 4s

[link]http://www.2kool4u.com/video/superstryker2.wmv[/link]

Old 08-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Gryphon

Stryker_Viking,

Thanks for the tips.......Now I have to figure out how I can crash into your plane in the DARK..
Good info there.

Hagar69,
No kidding, those are some seriously bright lights. My eyes were hurting looking at the pic. Thank you for the link.

maxamus,

Have you connected the servo's to the Elevon's yet? Any more pics of the progress? Try and document with pics best you can in case you want to share with anyone if the future? Note issues that needed to be solved...etc...
You've got my full support 200%, but you know that already.

robertdownes25,

Ouch, sorry to hear about that. It remind me of my buddy's plane. For his first brushless he got a Himaxx 2815-3000 400 sized, TP 2650-3S 13C (3S2P), CC35A, and he built it very light. If I remember right he used a APC 6X5.5 and was *****g out the poor battery, ESC, and MOTOR at 47A static.
I saw him climb very violently straight up, when he went as high as he wanted he gave full down elevator. Well all the guts got ejected from under the hatches including the motor. The fuse went back and forth like a leaf falling from the tree. It took a very [VERY] long time for it get down, at the same time the wind was pushing it away from the field towards some apartments. it passed the apartments and ended up on the side of a hill. Only the servo's were in the plane.
We looked for over an hour. checked roof tops, talk to people, looked in the field, also behind bushes...we could not find anything other than 1 or 2 hatches. He was so mad he wanted to leave..I didn't let him.

We looked for another 30-40 minutes till we found everything. No damage. I cannot recall if the battery was dented or not..but I know it all went back together.

MY friend does read this thread, and has a rcuniverse screen name, but to this day he has not posted. He will be reading this ...hopefully he will tell us if the battery survived without a scratch.

Because of that situation we started to tape down the hatches and as the batteries got heavier and he also tried magnets with problems we had to switch to 3M Extreme tape on the large/heavy batteries. Problem solved.
You don't want to use 3M Extreme yet..Too soon to deal with it.

finster1,

Wow nice video, thanks for sharing. I hope the main parts were O.K. It looks like you might of had a good solid 500W under the hood....for a while anyway.
You are a serious DARK sider. This thread is for you...where have you been? Stop by more often and thanks again for the great video.
When I first saw the serious climbing power in the first few seconds I knew I was going to really like the video.

I'll be back later on. tell us what you're up to...Any new reading with the Oracle?

Gryphon
Old 08-02-2007, 06:45 PM
gditeam

Lots of good stuff everyone.....way to go.

I'll post tomorrow.

For now, here is a little something for gditeam.
Look below my previous plane(still have it) at my best friend's plane. 100MPH EDF Stryker with inferior battery.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...22/key_/tm.htm

It really radared 99MPH in a 1 or 2 MPH head wind. So that would be 100, 101 MPH flight. I called it 100MPH.

With better battery, that speed would go up.

With EDF, you have to lay into the throttle more than normal and battery will be used up faster.

Better battery would have produced more power, even if it was less capacity such as a higher "C" rated 3300 or 3850 mAH battery.

Still the flight was shorter than we expected with a 4200 battery.

That is a wicked setup.
If looking for one of the best EDF setups for a Stryker that has to be on 3S(maybe due to charger constraints) and fly at 100MPH...Look no further.

Otherwise you will have to go with higher voltage and lower amps along with a lower KV motor...cost & weight: not much different than above setup.

Info: EDF starts to unload from the beginning, so it needs to make a lot of power so when it unloads it still has enough power left to overcome air drag to still go fast.

Gryphon

looks good gryphon,me and a friend will odds are do the same build as well.

Here is a question for you about my setup

2000 6 series eflite
3s 2100 15
eflite 40amp
6x5.5 prop

What props would be good for the above setup as far as one for vertical and then the other for all out speed. I think I need to get better power handling batteries but that can happen tomorrow but I will be using the 6 series and the 40 amp esc.

OffTopic/

I was watching an outrunner stryker last weekend and man do they have an amazing sound to them. I think I will end up with an inrunner an outrunner and also an edf. These things are just too fun to watch them race even when you are not behind the controls. I am selling my other planes due to my stryker addiction lol.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:29 PM
tam popo

Info needed guys, please!! One of the smallest and cheapest things on the plane is about to let me down.[] Flying my Zagi today and lost complete control on approach - spiralled down. Checked it out and it was the plastic control clevis popped open despite being wrapped in fuse wire (precautionary!!). now the problem is, I have the same type on all 3 Strykers and don't want a repeat. Wot does everyone else use. I used some wire clevis on 2 other planes without mishap. Luckily it was the Zagi which is almost indestructable. Help please[][>:]
Old 08-02-2007, 08:01 PM
BubbleGum

ORIGINAL: tam popo

Wot does everyone else use. I used some wire clevis on 2 other planes without mishap. Luckily it was the Zagi which is almost indestructable. Help please[][>:]
Stock rubber bands. And clips of gas tubing as replacement when those wear out.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Ace Dude

I'll be back later on. tell us what you're up to...Any new reading with the Oracle?

Gryphon
I've been collecting goodies. I have all my upgrade equipment almost ready to go. I'd like to do some testing this weekend if possible.

Has anyone compared the APC 6x4E to APC 6x4 Sport Gas prop? Any big difference?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:25 PM
BubbleGum

Robert,

Sorry to hear about the midair breakup. My first stock C stryker had the motor break off in a crash. It broke off the foam in the shape of the stock C motor just outside the motor mount. After that, I had a lot of flex in the foam around the motor mount such that the motor would pitch downward on throttle up causing the plane to pitch up. In my first custom build (my current plane) I reinforced the foam around the motor. See pick below, backlit in the windowsill. Two kabob sticks slightly spread running from center rear of the fuse forward. Also two carbon rods running along the trailing edge and meeting up at the center. Then two more kabob sticks fanned wide from the rear. The plane has over 30 flights and is still rigid. Just some ideas for your next build.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ace Dude,

Thanks for the link. That gave me the ideas I needed. I searched around the web for PVC fittings and there are 22 1/2 degree elbows available. Though I could only find them in schedule 40 and not the thicker schedule 80. But at least now I can complete a design for a 12' 'catapult' without any bungees with 22 degrees of up angle. Which, come to think of it, without bungees, it really isn't a catapult. Perhaps we should call it a 'take of ramp'?

New JR rx worked great through two packs today. Only depressing thing was that all the guys at the field said, 'Why didn't you buy Futaba?' [sm=rolleyes.gif]

~James
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48440.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	734545  
Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Buggygovroom

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in some time. Good to see gryphon started this round of thread. I just thought i would post a few pics of some of the stryker work I did about a year ago just incase any of you wanted some ideas. My reinforcement was good for over 120 mph as well as keeping things cool. Take a look.

Those protrusions along the side of the fuse and in the nose in the pics is an aluminum tube cut at angles for direct airflow over the batterys and speed control. The two long tubes in the nose went under the receiver and blew air onto the batteries. I dont reccomend the nose tubes unless your pretty confident you can go without nosing your plane as it will more than likely pierce your packs. The stryker C canopy assembly has a good cutout placed on the hatch that will probably be just as effective.

Name:	Eb87031.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	734570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28485.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	734571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65725.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	734572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59399.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	734573   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep86008.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	734574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qh66387.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	734575  
Old 08-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Buggygovroom

Some of the more current projects ive been working on....

Name:	Yw68731.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	734589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18729.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	734590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76472.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	734591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr47976.jpg
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	734592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny27571.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	734593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Du19958.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	734594  
Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Gryphon

Everyone please welcome one of the GREAT STRYKER KINGS himself....Buggygovroom.

Great internet friend of mine. He has done extensive testing like me. He has wattmeter, tach, radar, and one of the fastest Stryker Video's anyone has ever seen.
Ah yeah...one of the fastest Strykers too…..LOL

My body mods were mainly due to his design. I owe him one. A big one. We worked together a bunch last year to further the Stryker hobby.

Buggy, thanks for the pics. No need to welcome you to the dark side. You are the DARK side LORD.

Gryphon
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Gryphon

For every one of you who has been told that 16/25/3 1700KV can go 120 MPH on 6S....well I guess you need to see the plane that did it.

Buggy please post the link to your 120 MPH U-tube video that many have seen before.

So you pushed even more amps than I knew on that motor....Cool. I'll keep those secrets....NOT

Gryphon
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Buggygovroom

somebody said that the good ol 3 turn cant go that fast? who?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OKaRnhg3JkQ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.