Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Storm Launcher replacement parts

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Storm Launcher replacement parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
sbarr98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storm Launcher replacement parts

I have noticed that others have asked about replacement motors and battries for the SLs there were no real answers. With all the videos on utube I know that there are plenty of people that have modded the thing out. Can anyone give me a Make and Model of a good powerfull motor and battery set up that will work without modifing the guts of the thing.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:36 PM
DDrogon

Default RE: Storm Launcher replacement parts

im also wondering,,and has anyone changed the cg. are the morters 180 s? can someone help us. thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 03:39 AM
crazychris46dividedby2

Default RE: Storm Launcher replacement parts

ive never owned a storm laucher other than the mini, a friend of mine had a storm launcher, and i was disapointed with its battery life. we tried using the lipo battery from a eflite blade cx-2 in it and it overpowered the electronics and caused it to shut off. not sure exactly what the max power input of the stock electronics is but it isnt much more than the stock setup for it. we got brave one day having some drinks and i took apart my cx-2 as he stripped the electronics out of the storm launcher and used the cx-2 electronics in it for the fun of experimenting. gotta say it was a blast to fly after that. had full proportional throttle, along with elevator up and down and left right, and fairly decent battery life. had a slight amount of added weight but not enough to notice. ended up leaving my heli gutted and using the electronics in a hydrofly 2. but fried them with the power draw from the larger motor. not sure if there is any mods for a stock storm launcher. if your serious about keeping it and using it on a regular basis, id suggest doing what the guys online are doing and switching it out completely. cause the stock body is a nice design but the electronics just dont hold up. good luck in your quest, chris