Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

thunderpower lipo and Parkzone charger

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

thunderpower lipo and Parkzone charger

Old 07-11-2007, 11:43 AM
papadave
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunderpower lipo and Parkzone charger

Help please! I have a Stryker C, with the lipo and Parkzone lipo charger. I recently bought a Thunderpower 3 cell 2100 thinking to use it for a back-up for extra flying time between charges. I have been told by customer support from Parkzone that this can't be charged with the Stryker charger. That is not what the LHS told me, and now they are out of business and un-reachable. Is there any way I can get around this and use the Stryker charger on the Thunderpower battery. I hate to think I just blew all those hard earned bucks on a paper-weight! Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:17 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: thunderpower lipo and Parkzone charger

I have the exact same problem. What I ended up doing was purchasing a thunderpower balacer to at least get that pack balanced.

The other kick in the pants was after spending $60 for the thunder power balancer, i found out that I can not charge the thunder power pack through the balancer unless I have a special charge lead. You can only get this special charge lead only if you purchase a Thunder power charger. talk about a pain in the fanny!! [:@]
Old 07-11-2007, 11:41 PM
papadave
My Feedback: (2)

Hey, Kinda glad to hear someone else has the same problem. I am new to electric flight, and I do confuse easley. Old dog, new tricks....I would think that this can be solved just like useing different brand radios and their connecters. Someone must have connecters that you can hook to different brands, or micro surgery. There just has to be a way.....short of buying a new and second charger![sm=72_72.gif]
Old 07-12-2007, 01:14 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

you would think..
Old 07-13-2007, 03:12 PM
johnpcunningham

You don't have to power-charge through the balancer to charge the Thunder Power batteries. Originally I was confused but here is my take:

1) Plug the Thunder Power balancer to the Thunder Power battery
2) Plug the LIPO charger (any generic module) to the power leads of the Thunder Power battery
3) Start charging

The balancer does the work while it is charging. The Parkzone setup uses the balancer as the charging leads and balancer.

I spent $120 for the Triton 2 charger and $60 for the Thunder Power balancer (TP-205B) and I could not be happier. The charger works SO much better than the Parkzone/Hobbyzone chargers. The batteries seem to get a "fuller" charge and have tons of features for charge rate and 10 memory locations for various batteries. This way you do not have to always make adjustments - just choose the proper memory location. I've even used the charger on an automobile.

Every battery uses a differenct balancer lead and the most common seems to be the Thunder power connection for the after market batteries. I don't promote Thunder Power, but for availability of the connectors and commonality - I use them. For you original Stryker battery, you can still charge it on the Triton 2 charger - you just can't balance it. Not that big of a deal so don't toss that battery.

Regards,

JC