Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

does your Firebird turn hard / not trimmable ?!??

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

does your Firebird turn hard / not trimmable ?!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 01:08 AM
jschenck
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does your Firebird turn hard / not trimmable ?!??

My brother-inlaw bought a Firebird II (the small yellow one) a few weeks ago. It was flying fine, but started to develop a left turn stance. Well tonight it got so bad it was not controllable, even with full right trim and the fishing string pulled so tight the left ruddervator was lifted for a right turn, but still turns *HARD* to the left.

I found it!

It was the dang stickers on the wing! The sticker on the left side had lifted slightly *killing* the lift on that wing. I peeled off the stickers and the aircraft flew straight and climbed *much* better (once I adjusted the tail back to 'straight')

These airplanes are awful sensitive to wind and having the airfoil 'disturbed'. But they sure do fly well once everything is right.

I've owned a Flighterbird for almost a year. I just need to get him get buy a Fighterbird or Firebird Commander!not trimmable
Old 06-14-2003, 10:51 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default does your Firebird turn hard / not trimmable ?!??

Go for the Aerobird. It is a three channel plane which gives you more control and is a better trainer for more advanced planes.

Here is an internet site that sells the Aerobird. They also have a
link for a video of the plane flying:
http://www.parkflyers.com/html/aerobird.html

I have been flying my bird for three months and 50+ flights and just love the plane. I have pounded the plane into the ground, destroyed three wings, and a tail. I had to build a new motor mount because I destroyed that too. All this, and the plane flies great, but it has taken a real beating. That is what makes it such a great three channel trainer.