Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

what plane next

Old 03-09-2003, 06:33 PM
pcpacker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default what plane next

Okay,

I have become quite proficient and a little bored with my slow stick. I am glad that it was my first plane. Responsive, and very easy to fly. I want my next plane to have ailerons. Please advise!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:17 PM
bugleboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default what plane next

I have not flown it, but I have heard some very good things about the GWS E-Starter. It is marketed as an aileron trainer. I thing this would be a good step.

bugleboy
Old 03-13-2003, 04:54 PM
DougBinder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default what plane next

I've been giving a lot of thought to the needs of an aileron trainer. I feel it must be easy to assemble so that you don't have a strong emotional commitment to it, easy to repair, easy to fly, but should have reasonable performance so that you can learn some aerobatics.

The other day my brother-in-law was over with his Dandy and was saying that he wanted an aileron plane. Suddently it hit me - a Switchback Sport wing would fit a Dandy. I quickly cut a Sport wing and installed the aileron servo on the top. Thus was born the Dandy Sport. It isn't on my website yet but I hope to get it there tonight. It will sell for $45 and, as with all my kits, be complete with wheels, pushrods, covering, etc. It is designed around the $12 GWS EPS100 motor and 8x720mAH NiMH pack.

Doug Binder
www.mountainmodels.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62671_4083.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	37907  

Search this Thread