Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Sig Jenny tamed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 10:04 PM
tinyflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Jenny tamed!

I recently bought and assembled a Sig Jenny. The plane on the front of the box has dihedral in the wings but the plane as constructed per the assembly booklet does not. A quick review of aeronautic principles will tell you that an airplane with rudder/elevator only, without dihedral, will not steer well (or at all). Throwing the rudder under these conditions will only create drag and eventually cause the plane to slow and fall out of the air! The difference between flying without and with dihedral is profound. Do not fly this plane without adding about 6 degrees of dihedral or about 1.25 inches at the wingtips of both upper and lower wings! Carefully heat the center of both wings with a hair dryer or heat gun until the desired bend appears. I also added a piece of strapping tape to the underside of the upper wing to reduce flexing as well as securing the upper wing to the struts from the lower wing. The plane flys great with these few and inexpensive changes.