Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

styker c ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Darkseacret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default styker c ?

i just picked up a used pnp version but my futaba 7uap super doesnt want to to power the throttle the guy said the esc was good, is there any setting i might be missing the esc never beeps past the first beep and 3 beeps to enter program mode ,like its not seeing the throttle postion ?? the rec. is a 1024 pcm , i am also running a 9cell. nimh batt.(p51) for now b/c i dont have a lipo charger yet
Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
bobferguson

Default RE: styker c ?

After much testing I found that my styker's esc and my pcm futaba R146iP rx would not work togeather. I ended up changing the esc since I wanted to use my R146ip rx. I talked to Futaba about it and E-flite and noboby had a answer for me.

ORIGINAL: darkseacret

i just picked up a used pnp version but my futaba 7uap super doesnt want to to power the throttle the guy said the esc was good, is there any setting i might be missing the esc never beeps past the first beep and 3 beeps to enter program mode ,like its not seeing the throttle postion ?? the rec. is a 1024 pcm , i am also running a 9cell. nimh batt.(p51) for now b/c i dont have a lipo charger yet
Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

Yup, I've seen the same thing happen. Something is not compatible with that set up.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Darkseacret

thats not a good start for me Bob !!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Darkseacret

wich would be cheaper a new esc or rx
Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

esc
Old 09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Gryphon

darkseacret,

If I were you I wouldn't change that receiver unless I was going to 2.4GHz.

Your motor is capable of a lot more power, BUT your battery and ESC are the bottle necks holding you back.

So If I were you I would change the ESC instead of the receiver.

Power upgrade note: Change the stock prop to APC E 6X5.5 $2.13 and keep your eye on the battery temp depending on outside temperatures in your area. That will increase your level flight (no wind) speed to a solid 72MPH if not a little more. F-27C owners have reported success with this prop as a first upgrade. It’ll work with stock ESC and battery.

Have fun,
Gryphon