Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Old 11-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Tam, you were asking about gws warbirds. i've had the corsair, zero and mustang and they are all good fliers, mine were all 3ch. i've still got the zero flying, but don't fly it much. the mustang is a nice flier but the kit's a bit weak, it must be one of gws's oldest. it's got panel lines and this weakens it.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:15 PM
ktaylor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Brad, you should hook a cam to your Predator & take it to the field & do some areial reconnisance for us. Mark the muffin man can give you tips on how to do so. You could always bungee launch it if need be.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Loubud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Man oh Man.
Not a good day. Spent a little over an hour or two looking for my Hitec 6's. Can't find them so now I have to open every plane box to look some more.

Then, I go to the garage and start in on the 3 planes sitting there that I started to build. So far, so good. But then...the rumble. Loud, deep Warbird rumble. My still camera only has a 3X optical zoom. No good. I find my video cam and find a blank tape.

I'm hoping to catch the B-25 that just did a flyover. Missed it.

I put the cam away and the sucker comes back. He appears to be at half throttle and is going away when I come back out and then he banks. Son of a beach. I go back in and grab the vid cam.

He does a nice bank that makes the model real obvious. I turn on the cam...and the B-25 is behind the huge magnet across the street. By the time I see the B-25 again, he is well out of range for a 20X zoom. Son of a beach.

So far, the day Srays. I mean Sux.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Stingray69

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I pulled a Lou today and crashed the little Yak. I flew this AM. I get home and later, I am reading up on honing my 3d skills more and I read that I should be using 25% expo on my rudder and around 50% on the elevator to make it more steady hovering and torque'n. Get rid of a little overcontrol so to speak. I go out and my radio has expo set at 0. So I go to setting up the expo like was suggested. On the way to shag the kids from school I leave a little early to go test out my new knowledge. Launch the Yak. Woweeee, all the servos are operating in reverse. Kersmack!!!!!!! THe Last plane I flew this morning was the P47. It's model 5 on my Flash5. So I was expo'n it instead of the Yak on model #2. Broke a prop, shattered the aileron servo. 4 or 5 foam cracks in various place. [:@] I/m going to repair it, but damnit. Fern sent his room mate for a visit and didn't tell me. []
Old 11-27-2007, 05:58 PM
CaptainRandy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sray,

Dam, that doesn't sound like my partner. I wish I had a new radio that had all the bells and whistles like you guys, but Lou won't let me buy one yet.

Get those skills honed up, so we can really kick butt at the fly in.

Has there been any talk of when the fly-in might be this year?

Tomorrow looks like a great day to fly, so have to pack everything up for an early morning departure.

Tim,

I must of been playing Hooky the day they discussed nose heavy planes. I have always been trying my hardest to get them right on the money as per specs. A little nose heavy is better for us newbies

Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Loubud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nice going Sray.
There you are, flying around great, and didn't do a preflight check. Twice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pappy,
Prices are dropping as we speak. Thing is, only on ebay are the real good deals and I expect the prices to get lower right after Christmas. Xmas doesn't count as it doesn't exist.

B-25 went home.
Can't find the Electron 6's. I do have one that I'm swapping with RCverse as his is pos shift and mine is neg shift. Can't test it so I'll send it and hope Jim can. I think I stuck one in Pat's P-51 box and also in AJ's box. Can't test these either as they are neg shift and I'm not about to repack the boxes. You guys are on your own.
Oh, have a box for that sucky flier Sray. Might have tossed the last one in there.

Those that do want a new TX, keep an eye on tower, Hobby Lobby and Horizon for the current price of new TX's. Look for the older models instead on the latest but that wouldn't hurt either. I saw a new synthesized JR 7 channel sell on ebay for $150 less than these guys and it was brand new. Basically last years model but still on the big 3 list of new TX's.

All of this depends on your budget and whether or not used is acceptable. If used is ok, soon the real deals will show up on ebay.

Oh Oh Oh,
What an idea. I'll send Sray the 68" A-26. A minor mistake on the label saying Mr and Mrs Sray. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
And a copy of the receipt.

GG,
Get that trailer ready and dismantle the heater.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
ktaylor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lou, you need me to send that Electron 6 back that you sent me?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tam, It sounds like you have a Tiger Moth 400. That is a bigger than mine. The wing span on mine is 31.5(800mm), auw between 7.9-9.7 oz. I want to fly it in my "yard".

The Beaver has a 890kv bl motor, a 3s1345mah18c[X(], and a 9x 4.7 prop. I had been flying it brushed before.

Tim

Sray, sorry to hear about the Yak, thats how I pranged the beaver Saturday, I had my radio set and trimmed for the slow stick, model 1, the beaver is model 3.

Tim
Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

here's a pic of the shed after 1 day of woodworking. they put the vertical posts up and did most of the roof. they're doing a full day on it today, but i'm not sure about the rest of this week. supposed to snow over the weekend according to my wife
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28857.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	813600  
Old 11-27-2007, 06:54 PM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Forgive me if someone has already posted this link, I guess this thing is real, pretty amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF6t-721uVk
Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Stingray69

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mac. It looks real, but it's actually animated. Terrific work, regardless.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Loubud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GF2,
I would think that this isn't real. Round balls hitting moving round tubes would be extraordinary. But the main thing that grabbed my attention was the lack of a single shadow. Each ball should have had one. And, on the drum set, a moving cymbal will change the trajectory. Also, the base drum should only have a mark in a single spot as the ball hits a relatively small area every time. This drum had a much larger srea than the balls used.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Kate,
Do a thorough check on the RX and send it back to Hitec anyway. Screw the *******s. I thought the only piece of crap they made was the Feather. Assuming I find my 6's, I'm returning them to the store and switching to the Cirrus 8 channel Dual Conv and select shift model. $39. I'll test it on one of the edf's or the Twister. It says "Full range" on the RX but know one seems to know what the means.

Lucky me messed up the meds again. No wonder I can't find anything and get a bit confused.[X(]

Sray,
I have a new idea. I'm sending the A-26 as an anniversary gift from you. She'll dig it.

Doug.
Great progress on the shed.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:08 PM
CaptainRandy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Doug,

The shed is coming along nicely. That's a pretty big building in the background[X(]

Lou, keep watching
Old 11-27-2007, 08:17 PM
tam popo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

TStones - get that foot better, get flying!! The EZ* definately is considered the best platform there is for many reasons. I fly mine with a 2200 3S pack and b/less and it is very fast, so putting in a camera (5-in-1?) is nothing, cos all the weight has to be forward on these planes. Crawf on the Aussie thread combats with his bro Peter and they put stripes (tape) on Crawfs plane so they know which is which. I'm runnig a Tower Pro o/runner 200+W 1700Kv - it will vert if needed. See ya later Hoppalong....
Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 PM
tam popo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

KTaylor - Thats a great idea, I'll try it tomorrow. I've been looking at new TX sets and they're not that expensive (£35 -$70?).
Airborne over Japan - I looked at all the GWS planes and they're OK, but for another £20 I could get an Alfa plane which really do look scale, the detail is excellent.
See you all later...thanks..
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nice man cave, doug!!

Randy, I think Carl gave me the hint. It might have been in the middle of a long post. And this would have been back when I first got the stick, so close to a year ago.

Dan, did I mention that the electric wire was, is, and has been inert, for as long as I have lived here.

Radio gear question. Am I going to cause myself grief by encapsulating my antenna lead in the pico moth? IE, cause range issues? I'm using a gws 4-ch rx.

Tim
Old 11-27-2007, 08:41 PM
tam popo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

FernD - no, its definately the Pico TMoth, weight just as yours but now has bigger wheels, rods, 3S 1000 and a TP 125W 1500Kv motor (I think!!). My best flyer. Had to fit a new tail/rudder tonight, an easy fix in balsa and a lot stronger. Thats running a Hi-Model 150W 1600Kv motor and 1300 3S/2S. Again, an excellent flyer. I'd love to fix floats to either SS or Beaver, but don't have the dangly bits to do it - scared of loing my pride nd joys, my babies!!!
Airborne - thats not shed, its a pagoda, now take your bloody shoes off, sit ye down and drink that Saki at room temperature right now!!!!
I'm off now, reports to write for tomorrow, byeee.....
Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tam, don't buy an alpha plane unless you're never EVER gonna crash. they're very nice and almost complete models. i bought an la7 Russian ww2 fighter, but it wouldn't lauch and crashed destroying it on the third attempt. also they're not very good in wind. i'd recommend the gws corsair, zero, fw190, p40 or at6
Old 11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tam, I hung the 890kv bl motor in my pico fokker, and it was a blast. The small power system for my moth is what I have in it. Phil has this plane with this power system and says it flies well. After a power up I might have to get the dual motor rig however. And more 2mm connectors.

I think I've figured out my antenna.

Tim
Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it looks like a good day for flying tomorrow, relatively warm and the forcast says winds will be light and variable. umm, go flying of build the multiplex acromaster ?? i think i'll be building however, i'm kinda in that frame of mind right now and really keen to make a huge dent in the pile of planes i've got to do. i'm especially pleased i've built two of the five planes that have been sitting on the build rack since february, accumulating dust. i reakon with the 10 more planes i ordered last week i've got 75 more to do, plus another 24 for next winter and another 30 ish in the loft. dunno where they're all gonna go, especially my ducted fans, which will largely get built next winter, plus the het rc ones the winter after. planning to maybe build the protech razor 1.2m sports plane and the small wattage crasy 8 on friday as i have the whole day free.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:15 PM
deathsprial

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Thunder
I have used an easy star with a camera on it. It is a wonderful plane to use for this because it floats and you can point the camera in so many different angles. I used a Himax motor which was way to much power but could get you out of trouble fast. The plane with camera and batts in the canera would go just about straight up. I have taken this plane up until i can not see it then put into a vertical dive and pulled out just before hitting the ground. The wings just about touch but it never failed until I pushed my luck and went straight in. Few peices of packing tape and it was back in the air.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:21 PM
nyflyer56

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

SRay,
Bummer about the crash. Glad to hear it's not messed up too bad.

Doug,
Shed looks like it's off to a good start. Should go pretty fast from there.

Fern,
My moth flies well, but is definitely not a powerhouse. After seeing Tam's I would like to build a more hot rod model, beefed up right from the initial build. Mine was re built from a wrecked one I bought at an RC sale.
It is pretty willowy to say the least, even with some bracing that was needed just to put it back together.
All in all, it is like my Pico stick, a fun slow put around. I got quite a few flights with it at the fly in.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Stingray69

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yak is fixed. A little more glue heavy but that shouldn't matter much. I'm still kicking my asss for not thinking and doing the "Loubud preflight".

Phil, I'll trace you one out this week or next.

Lou, Your trying to kill a man who's already going to be dead meat? You got to be kidding. Don't make me come over there. [sm=punching.gif]

Tim, I'm sending your roomate home. He might stop by Tam's on the way home.

Nice to here from you Howard. Hope all is well. Stop by more often.

Randy. We're still a team. You know we have Ken to pick up our slack. He'll re-hit the broken enemy planes as they fall to the ground.

Doug, the hanger is coming along. Hope your supervising some. Give us a tour with the camera please.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 PM
nyflyer56

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

SRay,
Thanks a lot. What motor are you using in it?

Howard!,
How are you doing? It's been a while since we have seen you here. Don't be such a stranger.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Stingray69

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

esskay 400 xt & 10x3.8sf. You get the manual in a pdf too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service