Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 03:59 PM
CaptainRandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Cal,

It doesn't necessarily mean the motor is toast. I was flying my SS with a large prop in heavy wind, and running mostly wide open throttle, and upon landing I smelled that fimilar burt smell, and brown windings.

The motor still worked, and I re propped to a slightly smaller prop, and was careful with the all WOT all the time. The motor still works fine. This is not always the case, but was for me. Just run it till it doesn't run any longer.

You could do a current test to see how it's doing.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:00 PM
calvino

when i try and run it, all it does is 'cogs' and thats it, does't move, can't find any broken wires or anything [&:]
Old 09-18-2008, 04:07 PM
gunfighterII

Cal,
The difference between shiny copper and burnt copper is about $2 a pound at the scrap yard.

Save that copper. I just saw in today's news a guy was trying to steal a piece of copper with 11,000 volts going thu it, not a good idea.[][]
He's making his funeral arrangements as we speak.[][]
Old 09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
gunfighterII

Lou,
I could take my other 91 4 stroker out of the little Ultimate and lotto the beast.

Anyone interested in a little Ultimate? It's a handful as Pat will tell you.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:39 PM
patnchris

I'll agree, it's a handfull. With 7 flights before the ground came up and smacked it, I can say that. However. when it flys, it's like it's on rails. As long as you give it sufficient power, it is pretty amazing. Don't try and float it around. Only bad things will happen. Dead stick is just "grab a bag". It'll live again, and will fly this weekend. Hopefully, the learning curve is over. I luv this plane, but it will uncover any and every bad habit you've ever learned.......Pat

I may regret this but what size Ultimate do you have, Mac......Is it the .60 size?......A guy in my club lost his the other day. Actually sent up a guy in a real CUB to locate it....LOL
Old 09-18-2008, 04:48 PM
gunfighterII

Pat,
I have both, a 40 size like yours, and a 120 size.

AJ,
Remember when I warned you about that, then you gave it to Pat. Good move.

Ken,
Remember when I warned you about the tripe, get and crash a bipe first.
That's what I'll do, give it to Ken.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:52 PM
patnchris

OK, I already have that one and the big one is too big for me. I've seen the 1.20 size. ...LOL......However, I really luv bibes and am considering a Pitts or Skybolt, for next Spring....... Something in the 1200 to 1400 watt range.....Pat
Old 09-18-2008, 04:53 PM
gunfighterII

Pat,
The 120 size is the one you want, much better flyer. Totally different beast, no nasty habits.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:47 PM
gunfighterII

Pat,
I would choose the Skybolt.

Now that you have a handle on the little Ultimate it should'nt give you any trouble, unless the dreaded deadstick.[] Fly that baby down to about 1 foot and then slowly chop the power and you will settle in nicely.

I know you don't want to hear this, but move the CG back so it does'nt stall at low power, it will fly much better with the rearward CG. Do this slowly of course. Tape a 1/4 oz lead weight on the back for the test and keep adding as you see fit, you will notice a difference.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:08 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Pappy, it's not a call sign exactly, but when someone mentions the dangers of nekkid__________ or nekkid ____________, we all know to whom the refernce is aimed at.

After my seemingly eternal radio problems and Al Qeada-esque wrecks, think of the noise made by a 300 SS hitting the neighbors garage door. Or the creative places to crash.

Ah, the Poo story, and the humpty story

Tim
Old 09-18-2008, 07:00 PM
CaptainRandy

ORIGINAL: calvino

when i try and run it, all it does is 'cogs' and that's it, doesn't move, can't find any broken wires or anything [&:]
Cal,

Then it sure sounds like the varnish has melted through. It's toast, unless you want to try a rewind job.

Tim,

Why I don't have a web cam
Old 09-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Loubud

Someone post the "poo" story. It's funny but I forget the details. Mebee if I think about it for a while it'll come back to me.

I like the Humpty Dumpty story. Wish I could find that one and just cut and paste. Same with the poo story. That one takes some real typing.

So.
Neckid is Pappy.
Putz 1 is Mark
Putz 2 is GG
DH is Sray (tee hee)
etc. is Sray HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I fully escape everything. Even if I make up people out of whole cloth.

OK.
Raul and some newer guys, this is the story of Hazy. If he isn't real, he should be.

RayRay and I were talking about nicknames one day. (This is the Ray we like.) We figure out one for him and now we're working on one for me. I decide on Purple Haze. OK, I like that one. I take a bunch of drugs...er...ah...meds yeh. That's it. Meds. Because I'm um...sick. That's why, because I'm sick.
The name is down below as my signature in my posts. Well, it's not going over well so one day someone said Haze. Hmm. I get an idea.
Now, you'll hear the name Roger, AKA Sticks mentioned now and then. He was a very good man and a good friend to everyone he met. He has since passed away at a pretty young age and those of us that knew him, miss him.
So I decide to make up a new guy. He's going to be my pal that lives near me and Sticks and RayRay are going to help me make this guy Hazy sound real.
RayRay or Sticks would ask Hazy to go get me since Hazy only used my computer and it looked like Hazy or myself would be logged on. Hazy was a man of few words, tuff as nails, a drug addict, afraid of nothing, could fly anything, fix anything and also did drug runs.
A couple of other guys catch on and do their part to make this guy appear real. It turned out that with a bunch of us making Hazy into a real person that I had to make up stories of things he'd do.
Now comes the strange part.
This is actually Part 4 of this thread. It started out as a thread teaching us and who ever dropped in how to fly that beginner plane, the Badius. Part 1 came about as we grew into other planes. Brent, who is no longer here started Badius Owners Club and made it a "NO TOPIC" thread. That's getting way to far ahead.
So back on the original thread "Does anyone fly the Accipiter Badius" is where I'm talking about.
It seems like over night that Hazy is a real person. The thread moved so fast that it wasn't easy to keep up with if you missed just one day. It wasn't uncommon to get 6 or 7 pages overnight. (It happens now and then on this thread too.)

One day RayRay and a guy no longer posting, Diggity, were out flying together and Diggity asks RayRay why I hang out with a druggie like Hazy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
And now and then I would get a PM asking who Hazy was. It seemed that a lot of guys just missed my making this guy up.
Hazy took road trips, rebuilt some of my planes that crashed, went to Las Vegas now and then to hang out with Hookers and made my drug runs for me at the local truck stop.
We blamed Hazy for computer crashes telling the victim that he sent a virus. (Actually, we blame Terry for everything under the sun.)

So that's basically it. Hazy just pops up now and then with something.
Oh. Kate lives in a town called Rock Island. Hazy thought is was code for "Crack Island" and decides to go there and get some crack. He asked the neighborhood kid if he could borrow his moped and heads off to the middle of the States. Almost 2,000 miles from here. One reason he went was because Kate had posted a picture of something he was working on and also in the picture was some white stuff on his table. Hazy just knew Kate had a stash hidden somewhere.
A week or so goes by and Kate puts up a post of what Hazy is doing. Now in the meantime, the kid that owns the moped comes over with his Parents wanting the moped back or $200. I give them the $200 since I know Hazy trashed the moped.

These stories went on forever. Some guys figured it out right away while some had to think about it. Doug, AKA Airbourne, knew right away. Calls Hazy my alter ego. Might be why he was so easy to fabricate.

Ah. Drugs...er...ah...meds are kicking in. I might remember the Poo story.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:29 PM
triboyeric

WILL ANYBODY TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND A LOW WING AEROBAT?????? I WAS THINKING OF SOMETHIN SIMILAR TO A SUPER CHIPMUNK BUT I WANT IT IN THE 45" WINGSPAN RANGE, to go with my scorpion 3014-18 and a 3s lipo 2200. Im not interested in 3D Flying!! PLEASE ANSWER ME SOMEBODY !!!

Eric
Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 PM
ktaylor

deleted, I've had enough of RCU
Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Eric, why not look around for an extra? Or a Gee Bee? Doug might have more straight info for you. I tend towards the 30-40" ws personally. It sounds like what you want is a pattern plane, so maybe Pholl can help you out.

Speaking of low wing aerobats, someone around here bought one. It's 100% size, totally scale, with no markings. Even the N# is mall enough to not be read. Just a guess, ws 40' and a wide stubby fuse maybe 30'. The canopy is blacked out. If it is a 2 seater it's a side by side. No door lines visible at all. Flew nicely at 1/4 throttle, then some great nearly knife edge circles. Then he looked like he was setting up for an inside loop. Very niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Tim
Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Loubud

Sorry Eric. I don't have a clue.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:06 PM
ktaylor

Old 09-18-2008, 08:13 PM
ktaylor

Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
nyflyer56

Triboy,
you looking for something like an Extra, or just a sporty plane? lots to chose from. Don't get stuck on low wing. A lot of shoulder wing planes, and some mid wings that all will perform well.
Question is Scale type or not?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
five-string

Poor Raul, He'll probably go screaming into the wilderness with all the stories and nicknames that just got thrown at him.

Captain Randy DOES have a nickname...Pappy....he's just a silly nekked sailor.....

And GG is 'Turd' to me. Hahaha I said Turd!

Phil (nyflyer) is Filip

Scott (export) is Bam Bam

Terry is Tee. And ask Tee why everything is always his fault...heehee

Old 09-18-2008, 09:01 PM
calvino

rewind job, mmm may consider it [&:], ya, how do you re-wind a motor, lou you know, anyone, um, if anyone here uses AIM AND konws how to re-wind (um, doubt any of you do) PM me because im intrested, ive got 2 new motors (and a whole lota other stuff ) commin) so well see, anythin to get me flyin ASAP is cool
Old 09-18-2008, 09:14 PM
CaptainRandy

Mark,

You're right. I forgot all about Pappy. I've been called that for so long, I thought that was my name. Capt. Pappy from the Black Sheep squadron, Now I remember. Also one of my favorite planes, the Corsair.

Cal,

I have only rewound one motor, so I'm not the expert. Ken can give you more info on that subject. There is a web site devoted to it. If I can find the link that Ken gave me, I will post it for you.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:19 PM
CaptainRandy

Cal,

Here it is

http://www.gobrushless.com/kb/index....01_-_Chapter_2
Old 09-18-2008, 09:21 PM
calvino

ooh thanks captn, looks easy/hard
Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Loubud

Cal,
Takes practice and you will cut your fingers. Nice thin wire cuts. OOOH YEH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.