Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 746 of 761 FirstFirst ... 246646696736744745746747748756 ... LastLast
Results 18,626 to 18,650 of 19015

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Badius Owners Club III

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

Come on now, we're for the most part adults, ok some of us are old farts,
    I resemble that remark

And I agree, lets be rule to the exception and not the other way around. Thanks GG.
    wattflyer.com
    atlantahobby.com
    extremeflightrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike, since the question has been asked publicly, please allow me to clear the record.

For the record, NO moderator profits from RCU. We are all volunteers.

Now, please make Mike's job easy and resume this thread
    Mike B. AMA# 42400 www.gettingairborne.com
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #2 - Waco Brother #188 - Cub Brother #2

\"Those are my principles. If you don’t like them, I have others.\" - Groucho Marx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem.

SOOO how about them Badius's
    wattflyer.com
    atlantahobby.com
    extremeflightrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Terry, the place we cannot name has the HTX 80's for under $45.00, programmable, soft start, 6 cell capable, has a bec, but easy enough to disconnect.

I have the programming card if you need to use it.
    Missing Man Formation, Looking heavenward you can't help but shed a tear, mournful, lonesome, a hole that screams out at you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok, um, scott, i need some help with the foam cutter? ive got some .01" wire, heats up nice on 12V at a few amps, but i want to see some contraptions for further help , definately am going to use a spring to "keep tension" so i don't end up with a bad cut, ive heard of using light dimmers, bad or good idea?
    Axial AX10, \"Irene\" with custom chassis, Thunder Tiger ST-1 [not working]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCKen,
    Thank you for putting up that post. It really is appreciated. But...
    Now why in the world would a Forum Manager read this thread?
    I accept your post that you haven't deleted any posts as I cannot verify what you say. I do however, remember you being a bit active on DJ's "Black Flyers of America" thread. I may have gotten the thread title wrong but could check if need be.
    It remains my opinion that you may have been involved with the deletions though not the actual person that did it. I will apologize if I am wrong.

MinnFlyer,
    We are aware that this thread belongs to RCU. We do try to Police ourselves though we are late in doing so now and then and it creates havoc. We do try to avoid that but do get caught up in the moment sometimes.
    As far as reporting a Moderator, I not only have done so but got those posts made by him removed. Ask Red what happened when he flamed a few disabled people, including myself on an AMA thread. He wasn't a Moderator of that Forum as I recall but it's in his Title. To tell me that I shouldn't be allowed to fly because I'm disabled must be in RCU's Rules somewhere or why else would he feel secure in doing so? Some sort of insulation thinking that Mods do know wrong? Or no evil? He did both and went so far as to follow the fella that started the thread over to RCGroups and badger him there.
    Most of us realize that being a Moderator is a tough row at times. This is another one of those. We do not want to leave RCU as you must have read but feel that a new form of censorship has taken place here. What leads us to think so has already been stated. The absolute lack of rhyme or reason was never explained to the person whose post was deleted as has happened in the past when that type of event occurred.
    I think we can overcome what has grown into real hostility from us directed at the Moderators.
    1st, we know this is RCU's Forum. We know many but not all of the rules. We try to stay within the boundaries afforded us here.
    And we also know that RCU is generally very good to us. We know that things are sometimes overlooked by RCU as we don't mean anyone harm and RCU pretty much knows this. We do live by what is posted on Page 1, Post 1 of this thread. That said, we do get flamed now and then from someone we never saw or heard of before and we do flame right back. We know this is an absolute no-no but the folks on this thread don't like it anymore than anyone else does. We do break the rules now and then but usually in self defense. And we know that it could just as easily be handled through the proper channels. I call it Human nature.
    So, with what seemed like a form of unnecessary censorship, we fought back as we are prone to do. As RCKen had posted a while back that he was the Mod for threads like ours, he was our natural choice for the person to blame. A very easy assumption to make.
    I'll go out on a limb here. I am of the belief that the Boys would prefer to stay here and have a good relationship with RCU as we have had in the past. I also believe that an explanation for the deleted posts is in order. These types of posts that were deleted will certainly continue since there is no reason for them not to. If a person has a post deleted and no reason is given, how are these types of posts to stop? The logic escapes me.
    I'm tossing the ball back into your court. I think we can get past this with the caveat that we know why things happen.

Lou Marsalis
    Vegetarian. Old Indian saying meaning Lousy Hunter.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Post 1 of this forum.

This thread is very different than all other threads on RCU and RCG. Here you are free to ask or talk about whatever it is you wish. There is a lot of plane info from very experienced guys here and the planes range from 20 grams to Giant size gassers. Plenty of E conversions, scale, fan fold, free designed/built, you just name the plane. We have people here that have decades of experience flying and building along with others just getting started. Stick plane builders, ARF builders, foamies, heavy modifications, new ideas, old ideas and just too much info for me to try to type. We do our best to help anyone that asks. Sometimes a question is missed and needs to be asked again and sometimes the answer just won't make any sense but we don't give up. We treat each other as Family. We know who the posters are. We send parts to others that need them. We trade parts, fix parts for others and basically have fun here. We have both AMA and Outlaw fliers. We have donated money to those in need. We have a member building a 20 acre flying field that is open to us on a whim. That field is an official Non Profit Field with no outside affiliations. We inform others about safety along with ourselves when we do goofy things. Sometimes we just have idle chatter with no mention of planes and sometimes it's all planes all the time. It makes it hard for those that never have visited this thread before to follow the idle chatter but to those that want freedom from the "Stay on topic or hit the bricks" attitude, this is Home. We try to help those with a very limited budget, such as a couple of people here with getting what they need to fly and enjoy this Hobby. We ask for little and give all we can. Few regrets, problems here and there but we self Police and RCU is very good to us.
    In short, in the Land Of Badius, we have fun here.
    Welcome to the land of Badius.

LouBud
    Stingray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Post 1 of the previous forum

Greetings All

RCU suggested that we start a new thread, something about our thread with over 22,000 posts not working well with their software (Hee Hee Hee).

Here is the link to the last Badius Owners Club (that no one in their correct mind would try to read it all) http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2498521/tm.htm this was a continuation of this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1283264/tm.htm

It is our pledge to keep the same format as the previous thread. No Topic, Friendly, Sharing of knowledge and Excess inventory (our version of Paying it Forward).

We currently have quite the collection of participants Glow, Electric, Control line, Fixed wing, Rotary wing, AMA, Outlaw, Self taught, Instructor trained, we pretty much run the gamete of this hobby.

So welcome ALL, to our virtual RC club where you are welcome to ask any question and will NEVER be told to” just use the search feature”.

I was given the nick name Hollywood by my peers for the reason of the number of movies I have made over the last 3 years. In keeping with my name here is my welcome video http://rayhaywood.com/videoarchive/WelcomeMovie.wmv this includes some of my trips to meet some of the boys during this past summer.

Because I was post 1 on page 1 of the last thread, I was collectively asked to start the new thread and I consider this to be an honor. So lets begin, grab a beverage choice, sit on down, limber up the typing fingers and let the fun continue.

Enjoy

Brent
    Stingray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So what's the problem RCU after all these years?
    Stingray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Before anyone gets excited by my above post, I type slow.
    But please remember that I only wanted to find a few answers and basically put this to rest. And yes, while not necessarily appreciated, I play hardball.

So, How about those Badius'
    Vegetarian. Old Indian saying meaning Lousy Hunter.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The problem began when the OT became really OT and a couple of members were giving a Moderator a public bashing on unfounded suspicions. Instead of taking it up the chain of command as is customary as well as the proper way to handle things. That is not what I would call Self Policing (to quote from the first post ).

The only reason this thread isn't closed down is that I do not believe in letting a handful of people spoil it for the rest. So essentially there isnt a problem as long as the Related and slightly related RC conversation continues.

Party on!
    wattflyer.com
    atlantahobby.com
    extremeflightrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

But seriously folks....

How good are the HXT ESCs?

I want to save some cash, but saving $30 and crashing a $1500 heli does not make much sense.

I like the USB programming - anyone done that?

TE
    Some people are like slinkies - Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike,

Thanks for letting us know what we may talk about. I would like to know if it is customary for an entire thread to be shut down for an OT picture or one that is deemed inappropriate. I looked everywhere and have not been able to find that particular rule. I thank you in advance for your input and keeping the Badius Boys on the straight and narrow

By the way.... my Cub is yellow....just like my badius....Don't want to stray off topic
    I was was lost...but now I\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'m found<br>Badius Brothers Club...ask about it!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike, Call me dumber then a stump, my wife calles me worse, but what is OT?
    Missing Man Formation, Looking heavenward you can't help but shed a tear, mournful, lonesome, a hole that screams out at you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

GG aka Dumb Stump

OT= Off Topic

Terry,

I have never done the usb programming thing. I have a few ESC's that have that capability, but I usually never change much outside of battery type and cut-off voltage.
    I was was lost...but now I\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'m found<br>Badius Brothers Club...ask about it!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Terry,
    Well that's one of the $64.00 questions, with electronics. As you should know.

If a $45.00 esc fails or a $150.00 esc fails, which one makes the louder noise when the heli hits.

As for the smaller ones, you get what you pay for, a basic esc, and as many of us have found programming can be a hair puller at times.

Then again paying high dollar doesn't mean perfection. You know me, I spend on a whim. I have three CC60's sitting in a box right now. Not one of them will run my new EDF motors.

But the "inexpensive" name we cannot mention 30 amp esc can make those motors hum like nothing. I'm waiting on an answer to that one from Joe @ Castle now.

Maybe before buying a new esc, it may be better to figure out what caused the old one to puke like that. Something serious to cause a failure like that. Hate to see you spend more money on another esc only to find out you got a bad motor or connection somewhere that's going to cost you even more.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: djnsayne

GG aka Dumb Stump

OT= Off Topic
    Thank you professor. Just add that to my list of alias's.

p.s. DJ, we don't love you, we're just all jealous of your "attraction" abilities. We all wish we could do as well as you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gents, I think we have just been reeled in. After many months of "no topic", what I hear now is the Mods saying, "on topic or not at all".

I understand there are rules for good reasons.

I still favor going to a new location where we can continue to share other parts of our lives that aren't necessarily rc related, even though the majority of our posts are "on topic".

No animosity here, just my opinion.
    Never, ever take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lou, thanks for understanding.

I know that there are some mods who also get out of line, and they ARE dealt with. And we DO let a lot of stuff slide, and I certainly hope that we can continue to let stuff slide. We don't want to be the Gestapo, we're RCers just like you.

Anytime there is a problem, just voice it rationally and everyone gets along.

But as soon as a Mod starts getting bashed, we'll it's sort of like killing a cop and then asking the cops to understand

I have also had some VERY heated run-ins with RCU members, and have even gotten in trouble if I stepped over the line - which I soon learned not to do. But after discussing it rationally, some of those members are now good friends who will back me up and vice versa.

I know how easy it is to get over emotional and start ranting - as I said, I have been guilty of it too. And there are MANY times when I have to just walk away from the computer and resist calling someone something I'll regret later (At least I'll regret having gotten into trouble for it )

Something else to remember is this:

Very often we let something slide, but soon we get a report about the post. Once a member reports something that is outside the rules, we HAVE to do something about it - even if we don't mind what was said. IF offended someone, AND they reported it, AND if they are right, we certainly can't say, "Well, so and so deserved to be attacked for saying something so stupid" or "That product really IS a piece of junk and deserves to be bashed". No, we have to go in and delete or edit the post even if it's against our own concern.

So when you guys have a post that is edited or deleted, the Mod had a reason for doing it. Now I'm not saying he had a LEGITIMATE reason, hell, he might just be having a bad day. But you'll get much better results if you send him a PM and politely ask why it happened than you will by posting the fact that his parents never got married right there in the forum.

And if his excuse is weak, contact a Community Mod, or administrator. Don't start yelling at him or you'll just put him in a WORSE mood. There's no point in doing that. The next thing you know, the Mod is in trouble, and you're on Moderated Status or banned. Then everyone is ticked off, the earth falls off its axis, we have nuclear winter and a new Ice Age.[X(]

Mike B. AMA# 42400 www.gettingairborne.com
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #2 - Waco Brother #188 - Cub Brother #2

\"Those are my principles. If you don’t like them, I have others.\" - Groucho Marx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike, that's cool. May I suggest or ask something?

If a post is modified or deleted by a Mod, why not leave the post itself, of course minus said non conforming item(s) , but with a reason for all to see as to why it was done.

Then it's there for all to see. I mean if DJ posts that Brad is a Western Pennsylvanian, Amish, never worked a day in his life, no good for nothing, rich kid, and the post was deleted, then only DJ would know why.

Then all the rest of the crew here could do the same, calling me the whole slew of (ok they're true) set of names. Now the Mod would have to go back and deleted all of those posts.

But if DJ's original post was there, minus the true stuff, with the Mod's reason for doing so, it's pretty obvious to all what not to do.

Rather then just an empty space.

Rules is rules, but sometimes we all need reminded. And maybe this way would tend to make it easier on both sides.

p.s. Just so you know, I did manual labor on Monday and Tuesday. And how you guys do that stuff is beyond me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If there is a problem with moderation and/or a moderator in particular, posting it in the forum is not the way to win favor or get results. First, send a message to the moderator and ask for clarification. If you're not satisfied with their resolution or answers, send me a message privately and I will work through the situation with you.

The bottom line is that it's ok to have fun with each other inside of a thread. However, when the conversation goes so far outside the topic, something has to be done to keep the conversation moving in the right direction. We still have to post within the rules of the forum, nobody is above those rules.

I have removed a lot of posts in the last couple pages and will remove anything else that doesn't get the thread back on track. I think this is a good place to start talking about the Badius Owners Club and what's involved with that. All the other grievances can be sent to me if you like. No need for a thank you post, or a you're wrong post, or any other posts responding to this... it will just be removed.

Let's get back to having fun.
    Nathan M.
    Administrator
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Terry,
    what ever that ESC was that you guys sent me for the Ultimate was, it is awesome. I think if you send Ken a PM, he'll tell ya where he got it.... ....Pat
    Lawn Dart Champion of the World

AMA 870716

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yo Pat... (kinda got lost in the shuffle)

ORIGINAL: patnchris

Pat...what were the issues?

I am running a 3S HXT in my 7c now. Pretty happy with it, although I have been charging it to 12v instead of 12.4v. Dont see the need in packing it full of juice since there is the high voltage issue. Had some issues with the LVC boards in it (thanks again Brad) but it has done well since I fixed that. Actually have not charged it since I had that problem and have flown alot (how long ago was that Brad?) Battery loses about a tenth of a volt for every 2 flyin sessions. Since I removed the boards it wont hardly run down. EDIT: interesting, went back and looked and I charged it on 7-21 so its been almost 2 months and its down to 11.1

AMA# 134406

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what ever that ESC was that you guys sent me for the Ultimate was, it is awesome.

I like my smoked ESC's with a little ketchup. Tastes like chicken.
    Stingray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It is my understanding that the diode that failed was some type of voltage regulator. I started seeing goofy voltages on the panel that displays the battery voltage. It would also sound the low battery alarm, even though the voltage was still at 10 volts. Along with this I started experiencing weird glitching that would strangely disappear when I removed the lipo and reinstalled the nicad. It didn't happen right away. when I first put the lipo in, it worked fine. I suspect that if the lipo was charged to a lower voltage it would not have been an issue, however I was talking to a supplier of battery packs who actually sells lipo packs for TX's and he said that he would not make up or sell a pack for the 6C or 7C because of issues....That's just my experience.....Pat
    Lawn Dart Champion of the World

AMA 870716