Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:54 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Hey guys, a quick flight report on the bug. I don't much report on bug flights anymore because I do 2-3 a day. It remains a blast to fly and is a major confidence builder. And has shown me that while I like the concept of slow flight, I want the responsiveness of speed.

First flight was in a bit of wind, and I chopped the throttle too soon, so I landed the plane. While taxiing back a break in the axle became apparent. So I rebuilt the axle assembly and a while later re launched. By this time the wind was gone, so I went a bit wild, I sent the plane up to the 300-400' range and played with it there. I even flew it over the park since I had enough altitude, that climb may have breached the 500' mark. It seems like a different plane at atitude.

I could do any manuever and not imperil the plane. Orientation was a bit of a problem, but if the plane starts a steady dive I know it's inverted, and at that altitude a quick roll out is easy. Left/right was not an issue, but again with altitude that is a bit of a moot point.

The Circus Fokker should be buttoned up tonight. I went with the 2s1250mah battery. If that is not sufficient then I wil get a 3s1300 battery for it.

Oh, and I got A doorbell ditch that left this at the door, http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFG09

Tim
Old 03-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

fixed up the stickmount on the ultrafly p40. it was really difficult to get the broken stick out. usually i slide my knife or a screwdriver down each side of the stickmount and pull it out, but on the p40, the top of the stick is near the top of the cowling, so you can only do this on 3 sides. anyway it was stuck tight so i had to use pliers and break it apart gradually. anyway i put the new stick in and it's ready to go next week.

then i looked at the zlin. it's probably just as well the gearbox had a problem, which was easy to fix, because taking off the cowling revieled the firewall is unglued at the top 30%. bloody nitromodels zlin, $150 shipped and the undercarriage mount is crap, the motor mount is crap and now the firewall is coming unglued. i'm gonna leave it for a few weeks, not sure if i can be bothered with this plane as nice as it looks and flies, it's just not well designed and built. i hope my glow 1.2m zero and bobcat plus electric tm are better. sorry Scott i just can't recommend this plane. perhaps you could try the .46 glow version.

as i mentioned, the herr little extra is an excellent plane. here's the link to tower http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFWM2&P=ML and the modeltech mini majic is even cheaper, another glow or electric .15 size, $60 from atlanta hobby. also gonna get it, so much for a moritorium on plane buying http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=6026
Old 03-27-2008, 10:07 PM
nyflyer56

Fern,
so you are taking the plunge for a build. Good choice. That is a classic sailplane, and should be an enjoyable and easy build. have fun.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Airbourne in Japan

at last, a hellcat. i've been wanting one for a while, but the only electric one is the great planes 300 size, which is expensive and too small. i think you've got the corsair or something Randy. anyway x-flight have this one so i bought it http://www.x-flight.hk/e/products/pr...asp?ic=XFP-F6F and also, excellent, they are going to have the catalina that nitromodels and raidentech sell, but it's out of stock now. unlike nitromodels this one is not rtf (with brushed motors) so that's even better, plus not exorbitant shipping http://www.x-flight.hk/e/products/pr...c=XFP-CATALINA
Old 03-27-2008, 10:32 PM
nyflyer56

Guys, check this out, very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rv9b-9qBIc
Old 03-27-2008, 10:34 PM
weeweeboi

doug. got your motor today. no lucky. it seems like the gold part and shaft are one and will not seperate. its wierd. ill try again tomorrow. got really mad cause i lost my phone in the flying field. [&o] went in the morning before school and looked for over 30 minutes. I finally gave up and was really bummed. i also rained last night so it was probably ruined. BUT WAIT while i was at school, some old guy found it while walking his dog and called my mom and said he had it. he said he was at costco so my mom went there and got it. he said its a great phone as for i survived the rain. when i got it i was estatic. the phone was still fine and no signs of water. This made my day. I actually found out it was missing yesterday but by then it was too dark to look. also next week is 1 week off from school and that will give me plenty of time to mess with my stuff. i got 10 megatech avions and 10 of those hobbyzone 2ch 2.4ghz heli's from ebay. they have some damage so i will be fixing them and flying them all week!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:43 PM
ktaylor

Phil, that was a good one, OUCH stop hitting the same places.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:44 PM
export!

Doug too bad about that Zlin - good looking plane.

Ray - package arrived. All is well.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Ken, the bobcat got sent out yesterday, should be with you monday i think
Old 03-27-2008, 11:13 PM
ktaylor

Doug, I'll keep watch for it & do my best to get it right back into the mail to you.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Airbourne in Japan

thanks a lot Ken
Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Phil, I don't know when I'll try to build it. And I have no confidence that it is complete. The guy I gave my Polk cessna and all the gear to gave it to me. I still think my first kit will be the ellipstick. The worst part is I have no where to build it

Tim
Old 03-28-2008, 12:15 AM
afineman

Hey All

I MUST first face to the south west and toast Roger.

I have been PMed to death to put aside my personal feelings and rejoin the group
I’ve never stopped flying, SSOO when I put an OS 120 glow motor on Miss Pinky and flew her(and did a video) I was asked if I was the pilot of those flights , first off I was surprised, never has any of my videos been misleading, and just because I stopped posting doesn’t mean I stopped flying ( Brad had an OS 120 a dared me to put it in the 120 Ultimate, I did , I got 15 min of flight vs. 5 min at BEST with 3 pounds of batteries)

I have (real hard time) reactivated this account name, there have been some hurtful things said about me and how people have reacted to what (I as an individual) have objected to on this “Friendly†thread. HHHOO and I did put my money where my mouth was as you can see http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/for...splay.php?f=26
BUT that was over a year ago, Today is Today, Howard, Brad and I fly as much as we ever did (but without the video cam or the still picture cam)

OOHH and to settle 1 last comment, I bought the copyrights to a song for a specific application (I am NOT the owner of the video content, BUT I do own the rights to the song associated to said video) and I pay an annual fee to maintain ownership of those rights (Also a per view charge. IF NO ONE SEES it, I pay nothing :-})

It is up to U guys, welcome me, or diss me it is your choice

OOHH and on a last/side note the last year of flying without any cams has been a DREAM for me, BUT I will repost ANY video any one wants to see again (I’ve watched a few in the past weeks and WOW the memories they brought back)
And the last final note, my Dr has me on a medication that if I drink I may die (SSOO it has been a few months since I’ve had a drink) SSOO don’t confuse this with a drunken rage

AFM

Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Airbourne in Japan

so Brent, what did you mean about my innocent post regarding the 'intonational symbols of hate' in the pm you sent me saying and i quote 'to even comment, my parent got what they deserved'. rude *******

personally i think your a wanker and i hope you go away. and who exactly has been pming you to death ? do tell
Old 03-28-2008, 12:35 AM
ktaylor

for what its worth i can do without the drama
Old 03-28-2008, 12:51 AM
afineman

Well

One of the peoples who's approval I was seeking the most was Doug's, seeing that will NOT happen I guess I don't have to finish resetting up the account.

Doug, you quoted me (or so you thought) check your PMs I stated "your parents lived through WWII horrors" BUT NEVER EVER implied they deserved what they went through.

I was ALWAYS confused by this inplication

Doug, If I ever SAID THE THINGS YOU you posted, there is NOTHING I can say to take them back, BUT I TRULY believe you have mis quoted me

And I ask you re check those PMs of a year + and if after checking them, U find what you have quoted me as saying is STILL accurate, you have my word, you will NEVER see me again

AFM

Old 03-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Airbourne in Japan

well Brent, that's a load of crap. i suggest you and all the thousands of people who have been pm'ing you go off and start you own thread and leave us to enjoy this in peace
Old 03-28-2008, 12:57 AM
ktaylor

i want to know how you can receive pm's for a non active account?
Old 03-28-2008, 01:11 AM
afineman

OK

U Win

Ken

OOHH I have multiple accounts with many forums

But not to worry I've toasted Roger and I will go away for ever now

But on a side note Doug PLEASE re read those PMs, If I said ANY thing improper (that you believe I said) I owe you a personal apology
Old 03-28-2008, 01:15 AM
ktaylor

and if you have those multiple accounts, then how are we on this thread to know those account names and supposedly beg you through PM' in those accounts to come back and join our group that has been drama free and enjoyable for the last year? Just stop the lies & make like Madweb & get lost
Old 03-28-2008, 01:16 AM
Loubud

Bye bye Brent.
No begging you to come back from me.
See ya next year when you try to join the group again in time for our fly in.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Airbourne in Japan

here here
Old 03-28-2008, 01:39 AM
ktaylor

ok, onto other better subjects,

i printed out the tiled plans for the pterodactyl. i only have black depron & blue fan fold to work with. i'll have to wait for my hobbycity order to show up before i could finish it though, esc's & motors. should be a pretty easy build.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Airbourne in Japan

ken, the bobcat is scheduled to arrive on friday. here's the tracking link http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/p...3V030395671040 it's coming by ups. thanks again
Old 03-28-2008, 06:25 AM
CaptainRandy

Doug,

My Corsair is the Grat Planes Electrifly one. A real nice model I might add, and it fly incredibly well with the $5.95 motor from HC.

Ken,

I found the info on that F-14, but didn't see where it was a kit build. It looked like it was a Rubber model, and I was getting worried about you

Off to a Big Bird Fly In, See Ya Later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.