Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Nice pics Cal. We expect a flight report tomorrow even tho the wind is cookin out there.

And...Ta Da
Me thinketh the P-61 is done. Or another snag popped up. The message was only that the Widow will be at Hobby People tonight. I'll snatch a pic.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:39 PM
calvino

hehe, lets hope so , ok, IF IM GOIN TO FLY IT, i think i should go workon it now , will post pics throughout the day.... i may keep it "white" for now and then paint it later, well see, anyone got ideas on a good scheme?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:15 PM
AndyL

Wow, You get a little busy and miss all the fun.

I took my oldest kid off to college. I dropped her at her dorm, asked if she was ok, and she said, "Sure, bye dad!"

The summer winds are dying so I've been bringing out my fleet. I flew the GWS P-51, and got my Lanier U2 going again with a BP-12. It's huge and slow and a hoot to fly. I've been modifying my old slow stick to make it look like an eagle. I'm hoping it will scare some geese. We get tons on the playing fields crapping all over. I'll post about it when it's flying.

One of my Hitec Flash 5's died again. I had a couple of loses of control before I figured out it was the Tx. I had to do some radical nose repair on my motor-glider and have a very badly mushed 1300 3s lipo, but it still seems to charge ok. I switched to my other Flash 5 and had to buy a bunch of crystals. I got UM1s from bphobbies on closeout for $1 each. They're now 10 for a buck! Seem to work fine.

GG, Happy birthday! I'm way younger than you. I was born in '59.

Somebody said something about diversity being the strength of this thread and I agree. I like having a bunch of friends who share a love of airplanes even though I know I would disagree with some on politics, religion, and fraternizing with farm animals.

Badius, badius, badius!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
CaptainRandy

Brad,

Happy Birthday. Are you gonna be in your B-Day Suit tomorrow. I must say, you look much older than 50

Lou,

Maybe Mr Moderator can explain what I have asked many times, and that is, Why can we not post links to a company that advertises, and pays the bills here. It's just not fair.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

Anyone else notice there are some names viewing the forum that aren't the regular ones?

If you're visiting, stop in and say hi, we enjoy the company.
Ok, hello! I was just looking around
Old 09-24-2008, 06:11 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi Anomie.

I think I'm going to strip the servos out of the crushed Bipe Lou sent me and stick them in the Zero. Hopefully that gives me a shot at flying it this weekend. I'll shoot a pic with the thre way prop but I'll maiden it with a 10x6 or 8

Tim
Old 09-24-2008, 06:26 PM
five-string

Welcome Anomie.

Bradturd, what are you asking the wifey to get you for your plane birthday?

More esc's, props, flying wings, batteries, chargers, connectors, motors, carbon fiber, gold connectors, shrink tube, wire, receivers, crystals, transmitters, meters, horns, clevises, piano wire, glue, tape, ...........?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:41 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Happy birthday Brad. 50 years under what calendar? Maybe a metric calendar? Yes there is such a thing as well as a metric clock. Please don't ask how I know this.

Tim
Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 PM
AJ1202

Hi Andy nice to see you posting, good to hear your getting a chance to get some flying in

Tim I meant to ask you, do you still have your fokker

Cal looking good, I found with the poster board foam it needs a layer of packing tape to help it hold up to minor hits and not so pretty landings I have used it to build quite a few planes
My 4 1/2' tall T-38 Talon was made from all foam board (RIP)
it didn't survive last years fly-in
Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 PM
blk822

With all the moderators lurking you should change the thread to " The BAD BOYS of the badius"....LOL
Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Stingray69

Badius Boys, phone home.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 PM
ktaylor

Terry, I'd pay the extra $20 and go with the one from Nitroplanes, although I'm not sure which one you were talking about at the unmentionable place. You'll have to post a link to it on the good thread.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:41 PM
ktaylor

By the way, this is my last post on RCU, I'll be checking the thread to see if there are any questions from newbies needing help that is not getting answered & help them out with a PM, but I'm choosing not to give RCU any more property on public display.

ALthough it is tempting to pop in & give Hossfly a hard time, but I can do that on RCG just as easy.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Loubud

Sray
I'll be right there.
OK. Got it.
Gone[8D]
Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

AJ, yep the Fokker is still here. It's last flight annoyed me[>:]. I may re-prop it and see if that doesn't solve the issue. It has the new wing and the dihedral is minimal, about the same as the at-6, so it may get a set of ailerons. When I tell the plane to turn it needs to bloody turn, especially if I'm flying in front of the house. I may have over-painted it and under propped it, hence a different prop first.

Flight report I just spent an awesome 10 minutes with the Swift2. The launch was nice, I caught it before it tried to stall and reduced the ele. Then a slowish corkscrew to 200' or so, that took 3 turns[8D]. By this time I had decent airspeed and was able to fly with abandon. At one point I was going straight up and in a roll when it occured to me that I was not flying the Bug[:-], but the Swift2. Yep I had down rates working. Just an absolute hoot. The initial timer went off and I reeled the plane back into the arena that I video'd it in, I had been up to about 400' and over the cemetary(probably higher, and farther, as I tend to underestimate distances).

The 10 minute timer went off and on the final beep, so did the throttle. This is how I land the Swift2, chop the throttle at 100' minimum and then glide it in, I had a failed servo last week that required a hot landing and even with only 50% power for steerage I was probably doing 25MPH when I got the plane stopped. I would guess that I'm doing about 35 at altitude at 80% possibly more, but I have no way of knowing short of hanging a how fast on the plane.

Anyway, I glided the plane in, it took about a minute maybe longer as always. and had the best landing yet. I carried enough speed into the ground effect that when I went to stall the plane had 4" to fall. I basically flew it into the ground and then pulled back.

All the drama aside, this is why we do what we do and why we do it. Mods and posters. It's for that "moment" when everything goes perfect. The perfect pattern routine, the perfect landing on your first,second, 25th plane. The great story about climbing a tree or using any number of household things to recover a plane. Or how about the first time everything went right and the plane flew, and paid attention to what you told it to do. Or the first plane you put together checking only to ensure you didn't hurt another step as you went forward.

We like to be around others that know that feeling, that savor that feeling. That is why RCU exists, it's why this thread exists, and it's why we have members volunteer to be Mods. Mod's only get grief. Unless they are using other screen names many view them with distrust. Why? Most of us got into this for the same reason to have fun, and to chat with others that feel the same way. To the mods, I am sure you know all of these moments. This thread, as stated in the first post of this thread BOC 3 and BOC 2, is an off topic thread. BOC 1 was also an off topic thread, but I do not know hown the intro was written. WE wonder what rule was broken, and can't get an answer. That is the root of our problem. And I think it is OUR, RCU's and BOC's problem. The calling out of mod's by name was inapropriate, but by not letting the individual know what the problem was fueled the problem. And led to unhealthy speculation.

I hope all parties can get through this with minimal damage.

Tim
Old 09-24-2008, 08:50 PM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

Fern,

RCU mods have told us that they don't care if we are here or not..... well I think that the owners will have a different thing to say aas there advertising revenu decreases. I for one will not continue to help someone prosper that has a vested interest in screwing me. I think that we all should check in from time to time for any questions from new people, but only respond via PM and then let those people know where we can be found. Since this post will be deleted soon anyway it is probably all for nothing
Old 09-24-2008, 09:40 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

DJ, your post has been here for over 30 minutes. And while we seem to be under double secret probation, the mods are flyers as well. They get flying. There is a good chance that they are/were unclear on our founding post. We have required so little attention over the years that they didn't know of our charter. Throwing bombshells around will only make them more annoyed. And there is no good reason to do so.

I understand that your posts have been the most policed. I am your Badius Brother, and I hope a friend, but could your posts have been confrontational? I am aware of the gentleman that has caused so much havoc to your posts, but a confrontation on the thread only leads to what happened Monday. And now every Mod is po'd. This is take a deep breath and relax time. Please read the above post and try to remember that the mods are flyers just like us, and probably far better than I am.

Write up your complaint on paper, use the examples that someone has and make a solid case to a senior person. But you need to check your posts. If they are inflammatory you will lose. Dropping bombs, verbally, will lose your cause. The death of the black pilots thread would be a good place to start. I think I have the honor of having the last post there. Why was that?

Tim

Tim
Old 09-24-2008, 09:41 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

happy birthday brad!

doug, i beat you to this one.........

just bought the hl waco!

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/waco.htm

been looking at it since well before it was released, had to take the plunge tonight (free shipping didn't hurt, either). great customer service from hl today. i called them with a couple of questions about the plane.....the rep went out to the floor, opened one up, and was very helpful. the charger that comes with this plugs directly into the deans on the pack, so now i'll be able to utilize the 1800 mah one that came with my eagle (that pack has no balance tab). so, everything that comes with this rtf will be put to good use. can't wait for it to arrive!

not much flying this week due to the weather, way too windy. hope next week is better. my brother (and best friend/fellow flyer) is comming next month, yeah! we have a blast flying our planes together, but tend to destroy a lot of them in the process. we'll have to work on that a bit!

rob
Old 09-24-2008, 11:38 PM
calvino

don't worry, mr plane is gettin LOOOOTS of packing tape, allready had a guinea pig take a nibble of it [], any tips for the "stablizers" on the wing, plans didn't include degrees but im thinkin 60 is good?
Old 09-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

Calvin, we're all on the bb site http://badiusownersclub.com/forum2
Old 09-25-2008, 01:11 AM
calvino

im stayin RCU , anyone else?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:37 AM
Loubud

Cal,
We're here, just chillin out for a while and hanging out at Badius INC.
But sometimes you need to ask yourself if being somewhere is actually to your benefit or just to benefit others.
OK, that may be a bit confusing since we are here to benefit from our flying and the experience of others. And as stated before, to help anyone that asks.
It seems that our goal differs from what others think this thread should be. After nearly 4 years and pushing a million hits when all 4 threads we started and added our contributions too are tallied up that we are now considered to be out of order.
Someone seems to have changed the rules and forgot to tell the players.
Mac won't put up with that kind of thing as it isn't fair play so he's now gone from RCU.
Ktaylor didn't like it either and hit the bricks.
And as you've read at the good thread, many more may leave also. That is still up in the air.
So there you have it. You can get more info off of this site at you know where.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:11 AM
gramps45

ALOHA!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:33 AM
AJ1202

Will someone PM me on how to log on to our other place PLEASE
Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

BRAD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

They say the eyes are the second thing to go

Have a good one

Terry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.