Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 01:24 PM
AndyL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badius Owners Club III

This thread is very different than all other threads on RCU and RCG. Here you are free to ask or talk about whatever it is you wish. There is a lot of plane info from very experienced guys here and the planes range from 20 grams to Giant size gassers. Plenty of E conversions, scale, fan fold, free designed/built, you just name the plane. We have people here that have decades of experience flying and building along with others just getting started. Stick plane builders, ARF builders, foamies, heavy modifications, new ideas, old ideas and just too much info for me to try to type. We do our best to help anyone that asks. Sometimes a question is missed and needs to be asked again and sometimes the answer just won't make any sense but we don't give up. We treat each other as Family. We know who the posters are. We send parts to others that need them. We trade parts, fix parts for others and basically have fun here. We have both AMA and Outlaw fliers. We have donated money to those in need. We have a member building a 20 acre flying field that is open to us on a whim. That field is an official Non Profit Field with no outside affiliations. We inform others about safety along with ourselves when we do goofy things. Sometimes we just have idle chatter with no mention of planes and sometimes it's all planes all the time. It makes it hard for those that never have visited this thread before to follow the idle chatter but to those that want freedom from the "Stay on topic or hit the bricks" attitude, this is Home. We try to help those with a very limited budget, such as a couple of people here with getting what they need to fly and enjoy this Hobby. We ask for little and give all we can. Few regrets, problems here and there but we self Police and RCU is very good to us.
In short, in the Land Of Badius, we have fun here.
Welcome to the land of Badius.

LouBud

Vegetarian. Old Indian word meaning Lousy Hunter.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Loubud

Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Well Now.
A true blue "NO TOPIC" thread.
Many Thanks to RCU for allowing yet a 3rd version of this one of a kind thread.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Stingray69

I was sent here because I heard you guys are very smart and helpful. My problem is. I had a yellow 3d foamie. It had a CG problem, crashed and blew up. All I have left of it is a ch46 crystal. Would it be worth rebuilding?

Welcome all!!!! and This is the Badius ---- http://badiusownersclub.com/video/WelcomeMovie.wmv

Check out this new site. www.badiusownersclub.com
Old 09-15-2007, 02:06 PM
patnchris

Sure....Get some expanding foam and spray it on the crystal...After it cures hard, spray it again....Repeat this for as many times as it takes, carving, sanding and shaping as you go. ....
Old 09-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

the ultimate test of a new boc thread, does fast reply work [X(]
Old 09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I don't know but here goes.

I guess I get the first flight report on this thread and it only took5 posts[X(]. I took the Beaver out and gave it a toss, off it flew. It needed a little ele trim but was otherwise perfect. I flew for about 5 minutes and started getting worried. I guess it was the fact that the plane and the sky were the same color[:-][:-]. Slowed it down and did as nice a landing as can be done in 3 inch grass.

So my worries about the cg were for naught. It is indeed a great little plane.

Off to do chores

Tim
Old 09-15-2007, 03:05 PM
patnchris

Great, Tim.....Always glad to hear success stories.....Pat
Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Airbourne in Japan

my wife is amazing. we got up at 4am this morning and my wife made a pizza for our breakfast and then went off to work for 5am. she has so much energy !! it's all i can do in the morning to make tea and coffee hahaha.

not looking good for flying tomorrow, forcast is 5-10mph winds but 1-2 inches of rain. there's a typhoon near Okinawa right now, so that's gonna bugger up flying later in the week. hopefully it'll pass on wednesday when i'm busy working. oh well, my f18 should be here this morning and that needs some glueing together and the twinjet needs lots of soldering doing so i guess i can do that.

thunder tiger are doing a p47 foamy. checked with my tt supplier in Japan and he's gonna let me know next week if he can get it. looks nice.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:50 PM
CaptainRandy

Ray,

Don't forget to use accelerator too.

Where the heck is Terry? I sent hinm an email with the email address that was forwarded around and it come back undeliverable.?????

Lou, Nice opening statement. You sure do have a way with words

Doug,

Beer & Pizza for breakfast. You the man

Andy,

Nice new plane, good luck with her
Old 09-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Loubud

The ever Gracious Elaine found a program that allows you to download UTube vids. Here's the link.
http://www.download.com/3000-2071_4-10699963.html

Once downloaded it'll ask if you want to upgrade to a newer version. Don't be a weenie. Yes you do.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:09 PM
CaptainRandy

Ken,

I tried out the 7 X 4 prop on the Su, and it seemed to be a bit better, but sucked up the amps.

With the 6 X 4 prop she drew 8.5 amps X 11.1 = 93.5 watts
with the 7 X 4 prop she drew 12 amps X 11.1 = 132 watts

It was very windy today, so I will try her again when it's calm to really see the performance.

I then tried the 8 X 4 prop from the Corsair and I couldn't get her up to full rpm, as I had some major vibration problems. The prop is fine on the Corsair, so I don't think it's a balance problem.

It felt like it would have an awesome power, if only I could have got her up to full rpm. I will try again.

The flight time with the 7 X 4 prop was down to about 10 minutes, with the 6 X 4 prop it was about 15 minutes, but of course slower. Have to trade off somewhere.

The Corsair with the prop AJ gave me is a rocket ship. The Corsair would blow the doors off the SU
Old 09-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Airbourne in Japan

i wear shorts all summer and my 9 year old pair of nike shorts the elastic had gone so i bough a new pair. i like short shorts, but could only get a pair that go down to the knee, my first pair ever of long shorts. however i am now experiencing the problem with this length that when you want to wee, you can't do it the easy way, you have to pull the top down hahahaha[X(][:@]
Old 09-15-2007, 05:02 PM
CaptainRandy

Doug,

AGAIN, That is a little too much info

Another image to get out of my head, Thanks Buddy

Oh, you mean IT doesn't reach down to your Knees.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:15 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Doug, did the horsy machine kill your shorts?

Tim
Old 09-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Airbourne in Japan

HAHAHAHAHA

decided i want to get the filton inspire mini http://www.fliton.com/new/doc/frame.asp now i'm aiming to build 50 planes in the winter. got 3 days a week between december and end of march to do it in. the last 2 years i got burn out after 15 planes, so it's gonna take DISCIPLIN or however you spell it
Old 09-15-2007, 06:43 PM
AJ1202

Man I go out and do a little yard work and I come back in to find a new thread

Nice opening statement Lou

Ray what exactly does filezila do and how do I use it

Well I just got done building myself a 2S 2000 ma batt from my puffed 3S
I went to make another 2S from the pack Mark gave me but the tab extender came off the batt tab and now I can't get solder to stick to it [:@]
What solder am I supposed to be useing,, Aluminum ??

Carl you need to get out and go fly something

SRay go over there and drag him out to the feild, I know he'll enjoy it

Pat I had no idea [X(] I only opened the box and looked at it then packed it back up, I figured it would be another year before I was ready to build it,,, man I hope it doesn't become a pain in the arse to build
Old 09-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Pat, my atec ultimate has a battery hatch underneath the fus, between the front of the lower wing and the cowling. it's pretty small, but works.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Stingray69

The 2nd coat of foam is curing around my xtal. Thanks Pat.

Lou, open up a club petty cash account. I think if we send a few bucks through out the year to it. We can have a nice stash for the next club fly in. The web donations so far have matched the the 3yr internet cost, No more is needed for that. If you missed out on contributing and still want to donate. The club treasure Lou can help.

Carl, I'm ready when you are.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:03 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hey guys, I wonder if we are the first web-based flying club with actual facilities? Heck, the first web-based flying club? I've cleaning most of the day and that allows the left-brain to mull things over. No creativity needed to wash the shower or mop[:'(][:'(].

Also, my lhs was the victim of a smash and grab robbery last night. They threw a brick through the window and grabbed a couple of trucks. Unfortunately the local politicos don't believe in throwing people in jail for long terms so we get losers from all over. And if they catch these losers I'm sure they will claim drug problems(Meth and dope) and get probation.

OK, off to fly the Beaver. Hopefully I won't freak like I did this morning.

Tim
Old 09-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Airbourne in Japan

my riccs f18 hornet d/f has turned up. it looks quite nice, but the included 1700 3s 18c bat, which also looks quite good for a chinese bat, is too big for the battery holder. doesn't matter, because i'm gonna send it to Phil anyway. there are actually 2 battery holders and i'm gonna cut the rear one out so i can fix the mirage nosewheel. didn't come with a tx or rx which doesn't bother me. the motor looks like the puny one in the mirage, which promises anaemic performance, but this is obviously a better developed product and has a pretty good glossy instruction book written in good English for a change. now to get my hands on the saab griffin they do....
Old 09-15-2007, 09:15 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

OK, I'm back from the second beaver flight of the day. No freaking out this time. This morning was wierd, everything just felt wrong and I got really nervous. The plane was fine, and I got the trim set in the radio(thanks Carl), but I was really freaked. I cut it short because of that. It wasn't fun so down came the plane.

This afternoon was completely different, a bit of jitters since it's a new plane, but otherwise just fine.

And how did the plane fly you ask, why perfectly. I am now officially impressed with my flying on the maiden. The beaver was smooth and comfortable throughout the flight. I set it up to pull a loop but constrained myself. I have figured out why I have control issues with it as compared to the fokker. A, it's not the fokker[X(], and be the control surfaces are 1/10 the size of those on the fokker. On the beaver you use the entire run of the stick to decide your turn.

On the fokker, a heavy hand will have you in a tree or rebuilding due to giant control surfaces. I'm wondering if the air dams on the ss wing help solve this. I only got to fly for about 5 minutes, then the marvelous c12 esc let me know that I was in a low power situation. Instead of cutting the power entirely to the motor it cut it to 50% and let me have some power to get the plane down. I am liking this esc. OK, that should cover the second flight and realizations.

Tim
Old 09-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Airbourne in Japan

wow on page 2 already
Old 09-15-2007, 09:30 PM
CaptainRandy

Hey Douglas,

Get that video cam mounted to a hat already, you slacker
Old 09-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Randy, i think this cam wouldn't be any good for videoing planes, just the horsy machine it hasn't got much zoom. i'm gonna try to fly a 3d plane and get the apprentice grass cutting clown to vid it. also i might try a warbird as they make low passes
Old 09-15-2007, 10:06 PM
patnchris

Probably 3 pages by morning....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.