Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Materials

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 06:57 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Materials

I'm looking for some strong tape to be used for control surface hinging. The stuff I'm looking for almost seems like mylar with a sticky side.... I also need a source for 1/8" Delpron foam and .040" carbon fiber rods....

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Steve Lewin

Default Materials

Most people use ordinary tape like Scotch Diamond for hinging on anything reasonably small.

If you mean Depron it is difficult to get in the US. There are various options (e.g. supermarket meat trays, craft board) depending partly on what size you need.

Steve
Old 03-22-2003, 03:29 PM
Tippie

Default Materials

Graupner makes a hinge tape in white or clear. Should be available at most LHS's or on-line. Check around for the best price. Clear is more expensive than the white for the same length roll. The roll is 32ft long. It looks like "Scotch" tape only a lot more sticky and a different material than "Scotch" tape. I've seen prices vary a couple bucks so check around.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:04 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Materials

Cool guys thanks for your help.... One more question... I'm looking for some dense pink foam... Where can I get that? Needs to be structurally strong and light... For wing ribs and such..... Also, what is the best way to cut this stuff?
Old 03-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Arrow>>-->

Default Materials

The stuff I use is called Book Tape. From office Max or any office supply store. It looks like packing tape only thicker and stronger.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:50 PM
latch66

Default Materials

Paul,

I've heard that the Pink Foam material is available at places like "Home Depot".

I'll do some searches for you and see what I can find.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:38 PM
SelfMadePlanes

Default Tape & Cut

I sometimes use thin silk for hindges! I glue it on with some foam friendly adeshive. They work really well and they never come off.
And hot-wiring is the best way to cut foam!