Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Corsair

Old 03-25-2003, 11:44 PM
SelfMadePlanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsair

Has anyone flown this model http://www.hobby-lobby.com/f4u_corsair.htm ?

I recently bought it and i would like to know bout its aerobatic properties!
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	65640_31333.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	40185  
Old 09-12-2003, 06:06 PM
jcervantes11
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Corsair

Should be Aerobatic but consider buying from GWS brand. I love it. I burly baught it yesturday. Plane is well made. And wing. I think its strong. And good thing is that its a 4 ch plane. But im only gonna use a three ch radio with two HS 55 feather weight servos from hitec and SP-1010 speed controller from hitec. GWS corsair, comes with motor. The one U wanted u have to buy the motor seprate. My plane, came with two prop, motor and spinner. And all hardware. But im havin fun puttine together (yea rite) but its paying off. Looks better cuz i had to repaint the plane. Cuz the stock paint already painted on plane, is kinda cheapy. My hand was little bit steaky due to expoxy, and where ever i place my sticky finger on plane, which its not very steaky, damn paint would come off, so i baught some testors bright blue paint. Heres a pic.

Gws F-4U corsair
370 motor
Hitec focus 3 SS Am
2 Hitec HS-55 feather weight servos (blue)
hitec SP-1010 Speed Control
Radio Shack 9.6 1600 mAp (maybe too much for this plane)

notice, radio equipment is limited, im cheapy. I'm using my Funtec Sky scooter pro 2
radio system and speed control
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47758.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	60914  
Old 11-20-2003, 02:21 AM
acechauta

Just wondering...i am looking into buying a GWS F-4 and was wondering how it flew. does it have enough power for nice climbs and plenty of rpm's for loops and rolls. i ask b/c i have a gws a-10 and like it pretty well but havent tried any of their scale models yet? Do You think it's a fun model to fly?
Old 11-20-2003, 11:33 AM
MAKODS

I have the GWS Corsair and found it very underpowered with stock motor. Others say it is fine. I put a 49.00 dollar MP Jet 25/35 brushless motor in it and now it flies great! Very stable and aerobatic. I am also using one servo per aileron and just elevator without rudder. Sorry about getting away from the other Corsair, Selfmade.