Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

typhoon 2 question

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Bretd123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default typhoon 2 question

I flew my new typhoon 2 today and it seemed to do fine for me. i think i did pretty good since it is my first 4 channel electric, did a couple of torqe rolls, inverted flight, flat spins and knife edges. been practicing on my sim alot. anyway ive seen all of these posts for the escs burning out is there any solution to that? what do i do if that happens?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Flyin C

Default RE: typhoon 2 question

If it has not burnt up on you already, then you do not have a problem. Everyone's who did burn up burnt the second the plugged in the battery for the first time.

But for some reason if it does burn up, it is very simple to get a replacement esc, and easy to install.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
wingnut65

I Replaced mine with E-Flight 40amp works fine !
Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 AM
wingnut65

But make shur the holes are open for air to go thru and cool the ECS.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:20 PM
bldrums

I accidently fryed my stock ESC and replaced it with a E Flight 40 amp. I stuffed it back into the nose of the fuselage where the original speed controller used to live. Basically they sandwich the controller in foam so I dont know whats up with that but it works. ?? I think I might cut out some air ducts just for fun. I have this idea of using a couple of milkshake straws from McDonalds to funnel air past the esc and let it escape with a second straw a little further back. Im not sure.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Leo L

I presume that the ESCs on the Typhoon2 have the same problem that the ones on the original Typhoon had. On the original Typhoon, it appeared that somehow the ESC shorts out through the motor if the motor is in a particular position. When you plug in the battery, you should immediately hear the tones from the ESC. If you do not hear them, disconnect the battery right away, spin the motor and try again.