Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

everyone's favorite a-10??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 06:59 PM
doorag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default everyone's favorite a-10??

I am looking to buy a ducted A-10 soon and am noticing some people unimpressed with GWS... what is everyones choice for ducted A-10s? price not an issue, but dont want an 80" wingspan O_o
Old 03-30-2003, 07:42 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Some people don't like the Gws because they want to fly 100 mph and when they put to many volts in those little motors - they burn out quick, so guys are putting diff fans and motors in them for "better prformance". The gws a-10 is a PARKFLYER! and as such it is probably the best parkflier yet - flies faster and more stable than my P-51 on the same setup. Using the stock gws gear and it weighs 16.5 oz. It all depends on what type of flying you want to do.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:51 AM
SOUTHBAYP51

I just picked up my GWS A-10 on Saturday, built it in about 4 hours ( really quick build), and flew it for the first time on Sunday morning. Let me tell you that it is a no-hassle flying machine for the price you pay. Its not a rocketship but looks great in the air, not to mention very scale. I have owned the F-22 but it took a lot of tries to get to fly a couple descent flights, had to give it up to the trash can. Go for the a-10 if you want a nice , scale looking park flyer.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:52 AM
Digitalflyer

I am looking for my next plane and it probably will be a GWS A-10. I'm not looking for a rocket just a different type of plane. The only thing I don't like is the funny looking landing gear but I can get over it.

-Amir
Old 04-08-2003, 10:01 PM
skyhawknut

Leave it off and hand launch it ! I do it all the time!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	69187_9838.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	40685  
Old 04-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Digitalflyer

Is landing on grass a problem without any gear? Or maybe I can get good enough to land it right back in my hand
Old 04-09-2003, 11:43 PM
skyhawknut

Absolutly not! No problem landing on grass with no gear - that is what i'm doing! I don't think you could catch it. Belly it - once it gets into ground effect it floats good, actually it glides very well power off!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 06:59 PM
Montague

I have an A-10 in the mail to my house, but I was confused about what GWS flight pack goes with the kit. Can someone clue me in so I can order the approprate parts? My origional plan was to wait until the kit was here, then see what it said, but I realized that was stupid when there must be dozens of folk online who had the answer.

Thanks