Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

anyone that has built the gws a-10 have AIM/MSN?

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

anyone that has built the gws a-10 have AIM/MSN?

Old 04-02-2003, 04:22 AM
doorag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone that has built the gws a-10 have AIM/MSN?

I am having some trouble interpreting the build instructions, looking for some help.. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:19 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Is this your first airplane? I ask because if you've built a plane before, construction should be pretty intuitive. The GWS A-10 may not be the best choice for a first airplane.

What specifically are you having trouble with? Ask here, maybe someone will have a suggestion.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:12 PM
doorag

Yes it is my first build, and yes the instructions seem pretty intuitive, unfortunately my plane was actually slightly damaged out of the box, the plastic tubing required in step 2 doesnt seem to be long enough (for a 235mm, 200mm and 2mm piece). The english is fairly garbled as well with non descript pictures.

I have built many rc models before including numerous cars/trucks/submarines, maybe my mind isnt in the air yet

sorry if i come across as a newbie, because i am
Old 04-02-2003, 08:36 PM
AtomHeartMother

doorag,

The tubing in my A-10 wasn't long enough either. I didn't notice it until after I cut the first piece. I installed it per the instructions. That left the 2nd piece slightly short but it made no difference. You should be able to use the shorter piece without any trouble.
If you haven't flown before, see if you can get someone to help you get the A-10 in the air. It flies like a trainer almost, but it is delicate and won't survive rough landings, crashes..etc. The good news is...with foamies you really have to hurt them to make them unrepairable. Just glue all the little pieces back together !
Old 04-02-2003, 10:05 PM
doorag

that is reassuring... i was about to take the kit back to the shop because I figured I was missing an entire tubing section.

Thanks for the help... I notice that the foam while strong is very fragile as part of the cockpit structure had broken off inside the box before I had even opened it.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:08 AM
doorag

see... that wasnt so bad =P
hoping she'll see the skies tomorrow.