Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Beyone GWS TM

Old 04-03-2003, 12:41 AM
Pjtg0707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beyone GWS TM

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestion on a plane beyond the GWS TM, and about half way in between TM and GWs Zero?

I took the Zero out this morning. With the 7-8 Hecells and APC prop at full throttle, all I could say was "....holy smokes, this ain't nothing like the TM!"

Also, has anyone experience power glitches, kind of like someone just chopped the throttle momentarily, with the stock Mabuchi motor? I've had a couple during a couple of my eye level full throttle passes, and I almost had a heart attack right there.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:22 AM
AtomHeartMother

Default Beyone GWS TM

If you want to stick with GWS I would recommend the E-Starter. It's getting pretty positive feedback right now and would make a great aileron trainer. The beauty of it is that it has a larger flight envelope than the Zero. It will fly nice and slow until you get used to it, but will also have a decent top speed once you gain a little experience. Hope this helps.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:13 PM
pc_pilot

Default Beyone GWS TM

If you want to stay with rudder elevator only planes, then the GWS Beaver is the next step up from the tiger moth. If you want to learn ailerons, then the E-starter is the perfect for that. Just remember that the beaver and the e-starter use a more powerful motor and will fly faster than the tiger moth, so you will need to pay more attention to them.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:02 PM
SalvageMan

Default Beyone GWS TM

If you want to build a real easy balsa kit, get the Switchback Sport from Mountain Models. Almost builds itself, and one of the sweetest 4 channel planes you'll ever see. Then when you want awesome aerobatics, add a BL motor and change the sport wing for the symmetrical 3-D wing. You won't be sorry.

Here's a pic.

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	67941_21990.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	41165  
Old 04-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Jason Beach
My Feedback: (4)

Default Beyone GWS TM

IcanFly has an excellent suggestion, my favorite plane.
Though I would recomend the Dandy Sport.

Jason
Old 04-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Wright Flyer

Default Beyone GWS TM

Hi,

I've got all of GWS TM, GWS Zero and MM Switchback Sport and I'd say that the Switchback was a better step up from the TM than the Zero. I like the Zero but I didn't start to fly it until I had 400+ flights on the Switchback (last 200 with brushless). The problem with the Zero is that it isn't a "beginner" aileron plane but a scale warbird and it suffers from the same foibles that you'd expect from a warbird - a tendency to tip stall at low speed during approach and a tendency to nose over on landing. So if I were you I'd get the SB for the time being - you'll be able to use the kit out of the Zero (even the motor/GB/prop/battery) in it and then put them back when oyu have more confidence.

Cliff
Old 10-13-2003, 11:37 AM
hpverhoeven

Default RE: Beyone GWS TM

Yes I get these all the time - thought is was just me! I've ditched all the GWS crap and still get them.