Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New GWS Funny Park

Old 04-03-2003, 01:52 PM
jchuston

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New GWS Funny Park

Hey, I am just wondering if anyone has purchased this new park flyer from GWS, the Funny Park.

I have been thinking about getting a slow stick to fly at home, but if this new funny park flys just as slow, I would prefer it because it looksmore like a real airplane...

Let me know what you think...

-John Huston
Old 04-03-2003, 05:56 PM
SalvageMan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Depends on your experience and what kind of flying you want to do. They are 2 entirely different concepts. The SS will fly itself, you have to fly the FP. You can just throw the SS together, you have to make some mods to the FP.

Chuck
Old 04-03-2003, 07:13 PM
jchuston

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Chuck...

I can see that the funny park would be a little more to handle because it is a low wing and it has ailerons, what I am wondering though is if it will fly as slow as a Slow Stick. I have glow planes and just recently bought a Crazy Max. I thought that the CM would allow me to actually fly in the back yard. I was wrong...it is a little too fast and wild for the back yard. Now, I have seen a slow stick fly and I could easily fly one of them in the back yard...but I think that they are kinda ugly and I would like ailerons (I know that you could put them on the SS, but I don't want to.) and a fuselage.

Is the funny park capable of slow "backyard" flight...I would like to show off the excitement of flying when company is here without driving 20 minutes to the airfield...or even 5 to the soccer fields...

-John
Old 04-03-2003, 09:17 PM
SalvageMan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

John,
If you don't have a big back yard, I think the FP would be no fun. The SS will take off in about 4 feet and has a very long glide. In my opinion, looks are secondary to the fun factor. My SS is probably the ugliest plane I have, except for my home built foamies, but sure gets pretty when she soars on up in the air. Another thing is that you can get her up to altitude and give the Tx to your friends to play with. If you trim it out right, you can just take your hands off the sticks and she will just circle around. It's fun to watch someone who hasn't flown take their first try at flying.
Don't get me wrong, I like my FP also, and my TM, and my Mustang.
Almost forgot your question. The FP isn't as slow as the SS, but will still slow down nicely.
It's a nice plane, and you would probably enjoy it. Here's another thing to consider: the GWS E-Starter. A 4 channel plane and many people like it better than the FP, say it's easier to fly.

Again, just my opinion.

Chuck
Old 07-16-2003, 01:00 AM
DrkSdeOTM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I definitely would NOT recommend the Funny Park to you...minimum flight space is about a little league baseball diamond. Also the funny park can really build up speed when going with the wind...have figured mine to about 30-40 mph before...with speed distance closes fast. Hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:29 AM
ttmr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For more scale looks try the J3 F
Old 07-23-2003, 04:09 AM
FastStang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

NO!! the fp will not fly as slow as the ss. gws says it will but i think something got messed up in the translation. i think mine flies at a minimum of 40 mph. it glides as good as a pile of bricks. by the way, i use li-poly cells so its actually lighter than if you use ni-cd. and i added no dead weight. it is more than a handfull. my zero is easier to ballance and fly. if you want something slow light easy to control and looks good, go for the tiger moth.

Search this Thread