Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

slo-v 1st flight --"perfect"

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:25 AM
crashed out
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slo-v 1st flight --"perfect"

Well today is the first day the weather has settled down enough to try out my new slo-v. After reading most all of the threads on the forums, I was a little worried about the plane. Some have complained that it is underpowered and has a terrible stall problem. So for what it,s worth I,ll tell you how I started today. After assembly, I set the CG at 4 inches from the leading edge. This is one third the width of the wing. This is how we always set it Twenty years ago. This measurement puts the little slide indicator in the third slot from the front. Next I put a small tie wrap around the RX to prevent it from falling off if the double sided tape were to let go. This is something I read in one of the threads. Next I set tail surfaces to level with the trims centered. I then ran the stock battery down to zero and then regharged it back up on .8 setting of the charger that came with the plane. I did this 3 or 4 time over a period of a couple of days. Mainly because I could not fly anyway because of the weather. With all the snow up here I took off from the road and gave myself about 100 feet of runway, Ya that was a joke . I think it traveled about 5 feet and it left the earth like a jumped duck during hunting season. I let it clime out to about 20 feet high and started the first turn and waited for the expected fall of stall but it just didn,t happen. The little just kept going. I backed off on the throttle to 1/2 and it leveled out. I continued to fly just lg circles for about another 4 or 5 minuits and was thinking about getting it back because was wondering about the battery. Well I still had about 100 feet of elevation and thought why not see if there is enough power left to try and loop it. Pulling back from level flight, Sure enough it headed up up up and over. Not bad for a battery that I figered had already run about 5 minuits already. Circlied 1 more time I cut the throttle and let it settle back to earth. As the plane approached a little flare sat the thing down with about 3 feet of roll out. The push rod are set in the 2nd holes from the outside of the control horns. I was very pleased and relieved to see how well everything went, and am planning going back out as soon as my son gets home from school. I hope this may be helpful to someone or at least offers a little more insite to the slo-v.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:03 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

Default RE: slo-v 1st flight --"perfect"

Congratulations! It's a very nice little plane, I love mine.

You'll have to change your forum name now! :-))
Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 PM
weeweeboi

Default RE: slo-v 1st flight --"perfect"

Grats, i was going to get that plane but got a killer dead on a slow stick. i payed $70for tx and all. i am still waiting for it to come in the mail. grats on your flying though i hope mine goes like yours. i dont think i have to worry much about stalling on a slow stick then a slow-v. For $100 you cant beat it. I still want to get one of those. gl flying