Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Brushless CESSNA EP 400

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:36 AM
NJLOAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless CESSNA EP 400

Up to this point I have been flying Heli's, now I am getting interested in Airplanes. My question to you professionals is: I came accross the Brushless Cessna EP 400 and really like the looks of it, is it a good deal for $89.95 and $44.95 S/H? The whole package is RTF out of the box. I have seen some videos on YouTube and it really looks nice.

PACKAGE CONTENTS:

CESSNA EP 400 BRUSHLESS RC AIRPLANE

4 CH TRANSMITTER

72mhz, mode 2, 110v

BRUSHLESS MOTOR

BRUSHLESS ESC

LI-POLY BATTERY

BALANCE CHARGER

WALL CHARGER

EXTRA PROP

SIMULATION CD AND USB CABLE

ALL SERVOS

RECEIVER

LOADED AND READY TO FLY

Old 01-09-2008, 09:53 PM
RedGN

Default RE: Brushless CESSNA EP 400

Wow ... that is a great deal, are you sure it's RTF?

If so Then it was on ebay. Beware of those deals. I bought a corsair rtf (brushed) thinking it was a great deal. I spent about an hour getting it flight ready out of the box (cheap contruction) I glued the motor mount which was hanging, All the servo push/pull rods torn the styrofoam, Rudder hinge came out.... and a few minor adjustments.

Just beware.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:32 AM
NJLOAD

Package arrived yesterday with two issues, the charger does not seem to work and one of the push-rod horns was missing a part. I was able to charge the battery using another charger I have and tested the Motor and Servos in the fusalage. Everything seemed to work OK. I can see some replacement parts in the future and was wondering if anyone knows of a site to get replacement parts? Dynam's web site does not offer much help on this Model. I can see learning to fly this could result in tail section damage and was just looking to the future as far as replacement parts.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
RedGN

Hate to tell you i told you so , but...........

Parts for these are pretty hard to find. I haven't check but i did the same as you ( couldn't pass up the 'deal')
If you are learning how to fly then you will need something more durable. Try parkzone or hobbyzone. They make more durable airplanes which are also more reliable.

Hope it works out and goodluck
Old 01-18-2008, 01:20 PM
NJLOAD

Question folks, how much movement should the elevator have to launch this bird? The rod coming off the servo seems to bend a little and the up-elevator doesn’t seem to be as much and the down-elevator. If I had to guess I would say it’s only moving up around 1/8 inch or so. I’ve never flown before and don’t really know what to expect or what measurements are needed for flight.

Any help is appreciated. Also because of my lack of knowledge, that’s why I bought a cheap plane to begin with.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 AM
RedGN

nj .... The only thing i can base this plane on is the corsair that i got a 'deal' on. Everything is attatche to styrofoam. There may be play in the elevator horn. if the elevator extension wire is bending it must be getting jammed somewhere.

If this is your first time flying this may not be the best plane for you. It is not very durable so make sure you have lots of foam safe CA glue and expoxy.

Don't get discouraged if you crash. But i would suggest a flight simulator before flying this plane.

Goodluck
Old 01-19-2008, 12:45 PM
NJLOAD

RedGN thanks for the help, I have G4 and do pretty good at flying the planes in there. It's just been too windy around the house to venture outside and try this plane. I have disconnected the push-rod from the elevator horn and it moves freely when disconnected. In your opinion how much travel up and down do I need in the elevator to achieve flight?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:50 PM
R/C_FLYER

hello thies planes are grate
we have found in testing thies are to cover the plane with a low heat covering this will make the plane and the parts last longer.
are first test plane with no covering the wings broke in two pulling out of a some big g's
after covering never had a problum again. but no need to cover the aleron, and watch out for the hinge tap for the aileron
also cover the vertical and horizontal stabilizer. this will make a better hinge. cover so that you have a free movement each way

now a nother thing we found is that the servo rods like to flex in the back
in the hole on the bottom find witch one or both are flexing
if it bowes to the out side of the plane glue a pice of fome to the side of the plane
if it bowes to the middle put a hole in a pice of fome and glue it to the side of the plane

there all you need to do is fly
note the front wheel on all of are planes the wheel just broke and caused me trouble
so we moded it in to a tail drager thes was grate
also use hot glue much stronger and bonds grate with the fome
if eny one needs help shoot me an email ill be glade to help
Old 01-21-2008, 08:53 PM
RedGN

You don't need much travel in the elevator to achieve flight (3/16" to 1/4" either direction is plenty). Try different holes in the elevator horn if not enough or too much lift.
Even with an 1/8 it will lift and descend but not much. See if the rods is binding or that the servo is secured to the plane.

Like i said these planes are not put together very well and they will fail....it's just a matter of time.
Goodluck
Old 01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
NJLOAD

Folks, thanks for the tips. I took the plane to my local hobby shop and the elevator push rod was flexing, so i got some antenna tube and put it over the rod and pushed it into the foam tail section and it seems to do much better, still the weather does not permit trying it out, so I will keep you posted after 1st flight.

thanks for all the help

R/C can you direct me to a link for the low heat covering? Also my hobby shop guy had a good tip for flexing rods, he said you can use a wooden popsicle stick and drill a hole in it and push it into the foam.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:37 AM
R/C_FLYER

that would work grate also
use econo kote your hobby store should have this
i will post a pic of one of my planes that is broke and then ill post some of when fixed