Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Zagi Fixx needs a fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Keith Wolters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zagi Fixx needs a fix

Thought about getting back in to flying and looked for a park flyer. The Zagi Fixx was recomended by my hobby shop to be a great new wing. A word of CAUTION. This wing is very fragile and the coating comes off very easy. The hinges do not last. It does fly better a little nose heavy. Mine has 2 quarters in front of the battery. I wound not recomend this to any one considering the price. As for my back ground,,,,,,I have been flying R/C for 20 years.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:15 PM
latch66

Default Zagi Fixx needs a fix

Sorry about your problems with the Fixx.

There have been many posts about the Fixx not living up to expectations.

I don't have one, so I can't say from personaly experience. But due to all the posted problems, I can safely say I will be avoiding the Fixx.

It's a shame really, because the Zagi 400 and 400X have solid reputations.

If you still want a small parkflyer-type flying wing, I would suggest you look at a MiniSpeedwing. Check them out at:

www.speedwing.net

It's getting good reviews. It's made out of EPS, so it's not indestructable, but it should be a definite improvement over the Fixx.

I've got one ready for its maiden flight right now. If the wind will stay down today, I may try it this afternoon after work.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:43 AM
mbrockman

Default Zagi is a draggy

I got a bad fixx as well. Covering comes off really easily. This is definetly a delicate park flyer. I would have been happy with it if it had cost $60 instead of $130. I would not recommend this wing.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:47 PM
AeroSnoopy

Default Nothing will Fixx a design that poor

I made the mistake of buying this terrible Zagi Fixx. Trick RC has such a great rep, and the 400x is a great plane, but they went wrong with the Fixx.

The skin tears right off, the labels won't stick, and on the very first flight, from a height of no more than 6' it fell nose first into very soft grass and exploded.

Foam was everywhere, the nose disintegrated and split the fuselage clear down to the motor on the bottom side and trashed the foam motor mounting area and split the canopy.

A very angry letter and pictures were sent to Trick RC and we are awaiting a reply. (but not holding our breath!)

AVOID THIS PLANE LIKE IT HAD SARS!!!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:26 AM
drone

Default FIX the FIXX

I too bought one of these jewels. I posted a note on another web that it scratched up real bad while test gliding in my back yard. The defender "moderator" made the smart aleck remark that I was probably flying over asphalt (it was grass)... I had a less than severe smack into the ground and I now have a lot of crumbling chunks of foam and a fuselage fractured down the middle. The "stickers" never would stick. The covering peeled off in several places. The hinges failed. I cannot believe that I was stupid enough to buy this piece of junk.

I have since built a Unicorn and it is FANTASTIC. Glides great and absorbs punishment like you wouldn't believe.

I too have been flying for more than 30 years and don't feel like I have exaggerated this story. I am going to SEFF in GA next month and I hear that Zagi will be there. I am considering taking them the pieces in a ZipLock bag and seeing what their response is....

drone