Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Dare Wright Flyer Power Recommendations?

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Dare Wright Flyer Power Recommendations?

Old 01-09-2008, 08:31 PM
7ECflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dare Wright Flyer Power Recommendations?

I posted this in the Vintage/Antique kit forum, but it didn't seem to be getting much visibility, and I know there are some here who have built this model:

I'm getting ready to build the Dare kit of the Wright 1903 Flyer, and I'm curious what those in the know would recommend for power these days. I'm relatively new to electrics, but it seems to me that the power package, the Nicad battery in particular, offered by Dare is probably a bit dated. Can anyone recommend a set of motors, battery, and esc for this model? I don't want to overpower it, and I'd like to spend wisely and get a reliable power package with decent flight times.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-12-2008, 12:43 PM
RedGN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dare Wright Flyer Power Recommendations?

Hi, can't beleive no-one with more expirence than myself is posting.

Anyway, to even give you so anwser need to know the wieght and wing area

hope this helps