Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

rolling fury nose up issue fixed, no added weight needed

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

rolling fury nose up issue fixed, no added weight needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rolling fury nose up issue fixed, no added weight needed

ok so im reading alot about people adding weight to the nose of the rolling fury to correct the nose up issue. i personally disagree with this idea. why? adding weight to the nose will in fact get the nose down during flight, but also adds extra weight which might lessen the preformance of the plane. if fixed the issue without adding weight, rather using the weight of the battery to correct it. here is what ive done.

first flip the plane over and remove the foam strip from the battery compartment. carefully pull the battery out of the compartment, i used needle nose pliers. be careful not to squeeze the battery, just get a firm grip on it and wiggle it up and out. next i took a razor blade and on the front inside edge of the compartment made a slit on either side of the compartment walls facing forward. i then used a tooth pick and gently and carefully pulled out pieces of the foam to create a cavity that goes forward into the nose of the plane. it took some time to get it shaped roughly the same size as the battery. i wanted it to be a snug fit so that the battery didnt shift inside the compartment. but the cavity should go a good ways into the nose of the plane. just take caution not to get to close to the outside edge of the plane as you will tear a hole through the outside of the body and well it wont look so good. but now theres less than half an inch of the battery visible in the compartment. the wires connecting it are fully extended and on the bottom side, the side closest to you. you also might need to peel of the double sided tape from the edge of the battery to get it to slide into the cavity. but now that i have done this the plane flies alot more level. and still loops great.

another thing ive done is to fix the landing gear so that it doesnt keep popping out. all i did for this is take a small thin piece of double sided tape and wrapped it around the small area of the landing gear that goes into the slot on the plane. its still removeable, but doesnt pop out during touch and goes.

and another thing i did was already posted. it is to cut off and sand down the little bump areas on the horizontal stabilizer. there located right in front of the elevator on the bottom side. i removed these because it seemed it would add drag to the tail and limit the amount of down elevator.

and yet another thing i did was i added a piece of scotch tape to the elevator so that the surface area is slightly larger for more elevator up and down.

finally i removed the stickers from the plane to reduce a little more weight from it. i set them aside on a plastic box in case i ever need to put them back on for a return. hope you all find this helpful. take it easy, chris