Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

My SC maiden voyage

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:35 PM
psychorevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My SC maiden voyage

Wow, o wow.

O MY FREAKIN' GOODNESS!!!!!

Firstly, I just bought this two days ago but it's been raining for four days straight.

Today, the clouds opened for two hours. I didn't hesitate. The wind was pretty mellow (2-3 mph).

But I first pulled out the jumper and installed a 2200 11.1V 3 cell lipo. I also removed and uninstalled the ACT.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I never even tried the stock pack. I went straight to the park. I never flew a plane before but this was my first flight. I did a runway take off (ROP). I did this three times with some power left.

I did 2 360s and I just loved every second. I even did, on accident, a three foot off the ground fly by. Freakin' scary but I was able to pull up and save it.

It wasn't too relaxing, it was still very while knuckle because I never flew before. When the wind picked up, the plane leaned to the right so I compensated by keeping pressure to the right.

Amazing hobby. The landing was just okay. The ground was muddy and the grass was very high. So, when I landed, the wheels locked on the grass once and the nose fell forward.

The other times, it was pretty bouncy but kind of smooth. I was expecting to crash but I didn't crash once and I must say, for $159, this plane is a flippin' steal. Couldn't believe how well it flew and how great it looked in the air. I am so glad that I bought this instead of the Trojan right away.

I think on my next few flights, I am going to move the clevices to the closest on the rudders for increased responsiveness.

Thanks guys.!!!! You guys RULE!!!!! By the way, my plane it covered in mud and I was a little worried about water getting in but no, this plane keeps on ticking!!! I immediately unplugged the battery after I was done.

I have fully gone Lipo. I haven't tried the stock 7 cell nor do I want to. I actually think lipo is safer to fly with because it allows you instant power to get you out of stick situations. One situation, my nose was diving but I punched it and gave it some down stick, and WA LA!!!! Back in the air!!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Swift427

Default RE: My SC maiden voyage

Were you able to reprogram the RX/ESC for a 9V cut-off? It comes programmed for a 6V cut-off.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:50 PM
psychorevo

^
I simply pulled out the jumper which enable the 9v cutoff.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Psyco:

Its great to see someone experience the delight from flight. Something I started in 1948, a few years ago and enjoy to this day. Am still learning and learning, don't think that will ever stop. Now it's 3D, and I enjoy greatly from glow, gass to elecdtric. As I grow older, I get lazier, so the convenience of the electrics are coming forward. There must be a bunch of us out here that your goinna have to pry the transmitter out of our cold dead hands, my intent anyway. ENJOY