Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

list the funnest plane you have ever flown !!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

list the funnest plane you have ever flown !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
mikec123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default list the funnest plane you have ever flown !!

Hi all!! im pretty new to rc flight. I have been flying the skyfly now for 2 months and have never flown any other planes. please list your funnest plane of all time is to fly. this will help me to decide my next plane..

thanx all !! oh yea I have owned the 2 channel firebird and then the skyfly and i'll tell you the skyfly is a blast!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Sinai

Default RE: list the funnest plane you have ever flown !!

The funnest plane i have ever flown was a balsa glider from the grocery store. Because I was 9 years old, the plane came alive.

Since then I've hung on to that spirit as much as possible while flying the SUPER CUB from Hobbyzone....Lot's of fun.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:18 PM
weeweeboi

the rolling fury is affordable and a blast, it goes fast and does awsome loops
Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 PM
mikec123

was just over at horizon hobby checking out the video of the super cb looks fun but what about crashing looks like a plane i would destroy....
Old 01-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Mr. Mugen

Check out this place. It has all the info you could ask for about the super cub. Welcome to rcu!

Since this thread is about the funnest plane, I am going to have to say the great planes flight flex Yak 55. It is nearly indestructable and flies awesome! I still fly it all the time. I have crashed the heck out of it and it still flies true. It is flexible....like you can bend it in half. Other than so minor cuts and scapes it is still looking good too. Hereis a link. Watch the video.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKVY7&P=SM

This is my 3d trainer. It is not a begginers plane by any means. It is not self righting. It only goes where you point it. It is not a floater like the cub. It must be flown the whole time. No breaks. Kevin
Old 01-31-2008, 01:47 PM
kzimmerman

Flying aeroaces with my 3 yr old son. He loves them! He flies them more than me. he's been doing it for over a year now, and that's all he want's to do when he's with me. In the bigger stuff, it was probably my old protege. My first powered plane, learned aerobatics with it. Flew very good until it hit a bird coming out of a loop. They both lost. Plane was scattered over a two hundred yard circle. The wing panel landed about a minute or after the fuselage. Cool crash, but heartbreaking at the same time.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:09 PM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Most fun was the Badius, from here:

http://www.raidentech.com/3recorcaiglc1.html

Not only did I learn to fly on it, it is darn near indestructable. It is also a great platform to modify and get into brushless, lipo, etc.

The MOST important thing about it was that I met a great bunch of friends on RCU when I was asking about it, and have stayed friends ever since. The plane flies occasionally, the friends are buddy's for life. Check up out at "The Badius Owners Club III" in this forum.

Terry

Edit: ... you do NOT need to have a Badius to be part of the thread, only want to have fun...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23965.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	866246  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Fisher

The Mini XPV. Indestructible. Long range on the radio. $14 on sale at TRU. Anyone can fly one. Can fly inside a gym. You will never regret buying one unless you get a lemon.

I have 6 other planes all running on my Hi-Tech Optic 6 computer radio and this one gets the most air time of them all. So convenient to carry around.

Cheers,
Old 02-02-2008, 02:21 AM
LT-40
My Feedback: (2)

My T-Hawk RTF. I put a F-27 Stryker motor/esc/battery in it, and then strapped glow sticks to it and flew it at night!!! It was the coolest thing I have ever flown! Unfortunatley I folded a wing while pulling out of a dive, so it crashed[] Lol, shoud have added even mor CF to the wing.

LT

Name:	Ec88012.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	867732  
Old 02-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, you said funnest. At first I thought you said funniest.

Name:	Hf99373.jpg
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	868000  
Old 02-02-2008, 01:45 PM
patnchris

The funnest plane I've flown seems to be the new one I just finish building......Then after flying it a while, I build a different plane and it becomes my funnest......There doesn't seem to be any end to this cycle..........Pat