Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GUILLOWS BUILDERS?

Old 01-30-2008, 07:24 PM
peteapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GUILLOWS BUILDERS?

WANT TO E POWER A SOPWITH IS IT WORTH THE TIME?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
kzimmerman

Default RE: GUILLOWS BUILDERS?

Yup. Check the incidence of the horizontal stab, the two wings, and the motor. I used an IPS size geared motor with a 9x4.7 gws prop, and a 2s lipo. in my zero. She's not finished yet, but she should be a decent flier with this setup. Just remember, build meticulous, and don't be afraid to substitute better wood for parts. Like the stringers, formers, ect. The guillows wood is horrible, very heavy, lot of weight can be saved this way. Let us know how it turns out, these projects can be challenging, but also very rewarding.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:03 AM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: GUILLOWS BUILDERS?

did you start this project yet? how's it going? i too have this kit, was planning on building it for .049 control line flying......but would much wrather convert it to rc! let us know how your project is going.....thanks!