Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

tiger moth with 11.1 li poly-Motor?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

tiger moth with 11.1 li poly-Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 03:55 AM
ChicagoGj
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tiger moth with 11.1 li poly-Motor?

OK, question for you sharp electrofiles out there. I have a 3 cell 11.1 volt-1020 mah pack that I have been using with my Moth. I downsized the prop to a 8x6 as well as put a 10amp ESC in. Flies freeken great, only problem is the poor motor that I'm pumping 11.1 volts through burns out after about 10 flights or so. So , what motor can I go to that with fit the moth? or can I change gear boxes and props again, or is it just to much wattage in the cottage? The plane flies so good with this set up. endless loops, with over 25 mins of flight time. Did have to do the fishing line trick so I would not rip the wings off But it was awesome with this combo.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:16 AM
AtomHeartMother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tiger moth with 11.1 li poly-Motor?

GWS does make higher Kv rated motors in this size. They do have around a 10 volt motor I believe. The only problem with this is you'd be right near the minimum efficient requirements running this motor with a 10.8 volt pack. Amperage is the key, and with the set up mentioned the amps would be low. Maybe as low as the original IPS A drive. Again, the problem with that would be that you'd lose your power increase. A Moth will go vertical if you pump enough current thru the motor, but as you can see, the motor life is drastically shortened. I would recommend maybe an M-100 conversion(geared 280) if you want more power and longer motor life than the stock set up. The M-100 is about the lightest 280 around...I think you'd only gain about a half to 3/4 of an ounce in weight.

http://www.jetsetairplanes.com/html/m100.html