Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

PZ's next warbird?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Corpse_Grinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PZ's next warbird?

I wonder if PZ is going make another warbird? I personally would love to see them do a Bf109E-4 or G-6. Not just becuase the 109 is my favorite WWII aircraft, but also to even the playing field a bit. After all, the FW190 is fighting the flying field battle all by it self!

Seeing some Pacific planes would be awsome too! (Hellcat or Zero?)[8D]

What do the rest of you PZ lovers think?

CG
Old 02-05-2008, 11:32 PM
RedGN

Default RE: PZ's next warbird?

I agree. I would love to see a p40 from them. i hope they use the spitfire electronics but for the love of god, get rid of that transmitter. Two stick transmitters can't be that much more expensive than that crappy slide throttle. And a rudder wouldn't be bad either. Some people don't care for a rudder but it would be a great plane to have from beginner to advance flyers.

I haven't decided about the landing gear though. i like how the planes look in the air without landing gear stick down, but wheels would be nice also.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 PM
RedGN

Just another thought. they should sell an upgrade wing for the j3 cub and the super decathelon which has aelirons. You could simply disconnect the rudder and plug in the aelion wing into the receiver. it would be real simple take off the old wind and put the new one on.
Just something that i feel would improve these planes.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:12 PM
steamer482

I would love to see the T-6. E-flite did a nice ARF, however, I would prefer a RTF!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:14 PM
iamman711

how do you hang a plane from the ceiling without poking a hole into the wall from a tack or nail. Thanks pals.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:57 PM
RedGN

Easy you poke a tack or nail into the ceiling....

You can try and use those sticky plastic hooks. They sell them at most stores. You simply peel and stick and if you want to remove it you pull the tab and it unsticks. I think they can hold upto 20 lbs each.

http://cableorganizer.com/hooks/
Old 02-08-2008, 03:42 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They NEED to do a Hellcat. Horizon owns Parkzone as well as Hangar 9, so a PZ Hellcat would complement the .60 from H9 nicely, methinks.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Glacier Girl

I'd really like to see a ME 262. Nice EDF instead of another prop job.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:42 PM
ozrcboy

Hmm,

Just my opinion- I know it's not parkzone but the P40 and t6 have to be about the most modelled rc warbirds around. I'd prefer to see something different - something where I can't buy a good equivalent (or not cheaply). Me262 with brushless edf at a reasonable price would be good. Maybe the Me163 Komet (setup brushless EDF) - not all the commonly modeled. Me109, Zero, Ju87 Stuka (with the advantage that it can have gear which can stay down and be true to scale). I'd prefer to see some of these other aircraft from WWII modelled, than yet another p40 or t6.

My 0.02 worth.

Cheers,
Oz.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:56 PM
RedGN

To me, all the wwII warbirds are nice but i think it wouldn't be cost affective to make them all. I like the size of the parkzone warbirds ( i can fly them at the local park ). I don't care if it's brushless or not as long as it's affordable. Me 262 would probably cost a little more due to the two edf's needed. I don't really care about landing gear because it make look scale on the ground but in the air it look like somthing sticking down. Just my opinion, again.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 PM
cjg

I like the idea of a Stuka because of the fixed landing gear. Especially if they put the siren on the aircraft so it 'screems' in a dive!

To me, touch and goes are the most fun part of flying!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
BuzzBomber

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Along the lines of the Stuka, a Val would be nice too. Or a P-26, if you like between the wars stuff.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:40 AM
papadave
My Feedback: (2)

How about something World War oneish? Fixed landing gear would look scale. I'd like to see Fokker D-7, Albatros, triplane...the list goes on and on!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:16 AM
iamman711

Hey all I have 2 questions. I just purchased the Parkzone Typhoon 2 RTF version that comes with lipo, charger, radio, and receiver and have 2 concerns:

1) My battery lipo charger takes more than 4 hours.. actually I've still been waiting for it to show a solid green light to indicate charging is complete. All I get is blinking red and green lights (normal charging plus conditioning). How long does it take to charge completely? 5 hours? I unplugged it and tested voltage with voltmeter and the voltage was around 12 volts which means its good to go, but why doesnt the green light go solid for me like its supposed ta.

2) I am really concerned about my upcoming maiden flight because I don't have a quality radio and receiver. I've read the reviews on rcuniverse and I want to know if problems with interference, etc .happens to everyone or just some people. Does anyone use the radio and receiver that comes with the RTF? How does it perform for you? I don't want to spend $300 on a new radio because I'm tight on money right now. I don't want to buy a $200 radio because you know what they say buy cheap buy twice. Aye dillemna, unless of course someone can tell me they haven't had problems with the stock transmitter/receiver.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:34 PM
matoran629

I really want a P-47 or a ME-262. E-Flite did a P-47, but ParkZone would do a better job. Also, how about a F6F?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Dave ESPI

ORIGINAL: cjg

I like the idea of a Stuka because of the fixed landing gear. Especially if they put the siren on the aircraft so it 'screems' in a dive!

To me, touch and goes are the most fun part of flying!
This is the best idea I've heard so far. the screaming dive bomber with a speed whistle or something in it would be cool.

I rarely "fly the tail" so a tail servo is pointless IMHO. Once I went alerons, the tail was nothing more than a runway taxi device.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:10 PM
traxxboy

HELLCAT or a (cough) skyraider.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Oregon Craig

Gotta go with a Corsair - soory
Old 02-17-2008, 01:04 AM
sportrider_fz6

ORIGINAL: iamman711

Hey all I have 2 questions. I just purchased the Parkzone Typhoon 2 RTF version that comes with lipo, charger, radio, and receiver and have 2 concerns:

1) My battery lipo charger takes more than 4 hours.. actually I've still been waiting for it to show a solid green light to indicate charging is complete. All I get is blinking red and green lights (normal charging plus conditioning). How long does it take to charge completely? 5 hours? I unplugged it and tested voltage with voltmeter and the voltage was around 12 volts which means its good to go, but why doesnt the green light go solid for me like its supposed ta.

2) I am really concerned about my upcoming maiden flight because I don't have a quality radio and receiver. I've read the reviews on rcuniverse and I want to know if problems with interference, etc .happens to everyone or just some people. Does anyone use the radio and receiver that comes with the RTF? How does it perform for you? I don't want to spend $300 on a new radio because I'm tight on money right now. I don't want to buy a $200 radio because you know what they say buy cheap buy twice. Aye dillemna, unless of course someone can tell me they haven't had problems with the stock transmitter/receiver.

Thanks in advance!
I haven't had any problems with any of my stock radios.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:02 AM
traxxboy

neither have i
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 AM
iamman711

I flew my plane and crashed it because it glitched.

just kidding. it glitched but I almost crashed it twice! lost control of plane and it did what it wanted it was scary, then all of a sudden is was 1 feet off the ground and upside down and luckily I had enough sim experience and pushed up on the elevator and brought the bird back down safely.

i noticed that (this may just be a coincidence) that (interference?) problems happened whenever a car was driving past my position. (I fly in an open/ empty parking lot but cars drive by a lot for a shortcut I dont know that's just how it is).

Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 AM
mcfast

P-38 would be nice !
Old 05-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Aircraftfreak15

i think its time they do a twin like a P-38.
Or a P-82 twin mustang you dont see many of them.
another sugestion would be to put a bigger moter in the corsair its to slow stock all the vids ive seen of it it just floats around. thats why i haven got one
Old 05-24-2010, 02:18 PM
schuh007

A P-38 would be awesome. I like the WWI idea, maybe a bipe? They could really step it up and do a Flying Boxcar or C-130 lol
Old 05-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

For starters, can't they just start with rereleasing the FW-190 and Spitfire in brushless, Z foam 4 channel versions? Then after that it's time for a P-38, one that runs on a single 2100 pack.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.